Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

1 posted on 08/24/2008 10:29:14 AM PDT by Progresso
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041 next last
To: Progresso
Showing she is more clever than Obama, Pelosi blames her acceptance of abortion on the churches doctors!
2 posted on 08/24/2008 10:35:25 AM PDT by ryan71
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Wow, she has big cajones, a really impressive feat for her. To try to pretend that she’s an “ardent, practicing Catholic” and that the Catholic church is undecided on the issue of abortion. My my goodness.

I’m pure protestant, but I do know that the Catholic church’s stand on abortion has been made crystal clear to me, to the world, to Ms. Pelosi.

MM

3 posted on 08/24/2008 10:35:55 AM PDT by MississippiMan

"St. Augustine said [life begins] at three months."

Did Augustine really say that?

4 posted on 08/24/2008 10:36:02 AM PDT by Mr. Mojo

Is it just me, or is Brokaw asking better questions than he used to?

MM

5 posted on 08/24/2008 10:37:07 AM PDT by MississippiMan

so like everything else, SanFran Nan doesn’t know.

6 posted on 08/24/2008 10:38:06 AM PDT by llevrok (Barry O'Kakkus in '08)

When asked this question, McCain gave a one word answer: “Conception.” On the other hand, how many words did Nancy use? How many words did Obama use?

Liberals don’t have strong convictions regarding anything, or else they wouldn’t find the need to be so damn wordy all the time.

7 posted on 08/24/2008 10:39:28 AM PDT by library user

Maybe she’s trying to figure out if she’s really alive ...

9 posted on 08/24/2008 10:44:01 AM PDT by SkyDancer ("What Our Enemies Couldn't Do To Us Our Liberal Democrat Politicians Will")

I am tired of this nonsense. An individual life begins even before conception. God knows us even before we’re formed in the womb. These people that would excuse murder as some sort of wonderful public service make me shake my head in disbelief. How sorry for them. They’re in an even worse state than the murdered.

10 posted on 08/24/2008 10:44:38 AM PDT by grimalkin (For everyone but America the free world is mostly a free ride. -Mark Steyn)

http://augustinepoodle.blogspot.com/

Dr. Hymie Gordon (Mayo Clinic): “By all criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”

Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth (Harvard University Medical School): “It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.”

Dr. Alfred Bongioanni (University of Pennsylvania): “I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception.”

Dr. Jerome LeJeune, “the Father of Modern Genetics” (University of Descartes, Paris): “To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion . . . it is plain experimental evidence.”

Rick Warren: At what point does a baby get human rights in your view?
Sen. Barack Obama: Well, I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade.

It is the stated article of faith of the Roman Catholic Church that life begins at conception, so Augustine’s musings have practically nothing to do with it.

11 posted on 08/24/2008 10:50:58 AM PDT by Chaguito

Brokaw was wrong about the question asked of Obama. Rick Warren asked: "At what point does a baby get human rights?"

http://www.rickwarrennews.com/transcript/

13 posted on 08/24/2008 10:53:52 AM PDT by AJFavish (www.allanfavish.com)

Obviously Ms. Pelosi has never read Humanae Vitae...AND she attempts to obfuscate by using some words from Augustine completely OUT of the historical context of this CLEAR teaching. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

In a nutshell, she is lying.
I am supporting the GOP candidate running against her:

Dana Walsh

http://www.danawalshforcongress.com

17 posted on 08/24/2008 11:13:50 AM PDT by SumProVita ("Cogito ergo sum pro vita." .....updated Descartes)

the question of when life begins

I think Brokaw, or anyone whose business was the news, would at least be honest enough to pose the question that the Pastor asked instead of something he made up.

18 posted on 08/24/2008 11:16:35 AM PDT by MosesKnows (Love many, Trust few, and always paddle your own canoe)

It just goes to show you how the leftist liberals will ignore science when it doesn’t give them the answer they want.

When it does, they go on and on about ‘the scientific process’ or the ‘scientific proof’ of something. When biological science or genetics show that it is human life from the moment sperm and egg fuse and have unique DNA, it is not a fully formed person, bubt it is human life. It can be nothing else. We are not fish first, we are not polywogs second, not rats third, and then if mom lets us out, then people. Don’t work like that.

Just keep asking them. They hang themselves with their own words. SHe is going to have so much regret someday for her rationalizations.

20 posted on 08/24/2008 11:19:39 AM PDT by Secret Agent Man (I'd like to tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.)

To: Progresso; Salvation; 4integrity; Coleus

San Fran Nan is either misinformed or lying to support NOBAMA for the Catholic Vote....most likely the latter.

When does life begin? Vatican official: Embryos human before implantation

http://b.casalemedia.com/V2/66381/139544/index.html?www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=18847

21 posted on 08/24/2008 11:20:23 AM PDT by JulieRNR21 (Trust the Lord with all your heart.......)

(REP. PELOSI: I would say that as an ardent, practicing Catholic)
Not much of a Catholic is she is willing to lie on National TV.
Not sure what “Church” she goes to but my Church certainly knows when life begins. Seems it is not above or pay grade.

22 posted on 08/24/2008 11:20:59 AM PDT by SECURE AMERICA (Got Freedom ? Thank a Veteran...... Want to keep Freedom? Don't vote Obama)

I would say that as an ardent, practicing Catholic, this is an issue that I have studied for a long time. And what I know is, over the centuries, the doctors of the church have not been able to make that definition. And Senator--St. Augustine said at three months. We don't know.

I learned the answer in my ninth grade biology class. This woman is an idiot.

23 posted on 08/24/2008 11:23:37 AM PDT by freespirited

I just came back from Mass followed by RCIA for 1 1/2 hours. We talked about this and guess what? Life begins at the MOMENT of conception. There is NO reason for abortion. No how, no way. Nancy is a very important woman, very rich, powerful, and very influential. I am a nobody, not even a Catholic yet, but what she has said is wrong. She knows it, too, and so does Biden, and Kerry.

26 posted on 08/24/2008 11:31:40 AM PDT by RedRedRose

I find it interesting that these libs simply cannot (will not!) say when life begins. Consider this: exremist Princeton "Ethics" professor Peter Singer claims that life begins when a child is self aware of it's own existence and will try to avoid harm. This, in his weird world, means that up until the child is 1yr old he isnt really alive yet and can be killed at the discretion of the parents.

This is an odious stand, but it's a stand! I might interpret Obama's evasiveness as leaving it possible he thinks Singer didnt go far enough. Indeed, coupled with his troubling opposition to the Born Alive Infant Protection act, he actually is in line with Singer. That is, it appears he doesnt believe has begun even at birth!

27 posted on 08/24/2008 11:39:10 AM PDT by pepsi_junkie (Often wrong, but never in doubt!)

Nancy Pelosi on when life begins:

“IT BEGINS WHEN I SAY IT BEGINS!”

“I’M TRYING TO SAVE THE G@DDAMN PLANET!”

30 posted on 08/24/2008 11:44:21 AM PDT by Secret Agent Man (I'd like to tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.)

Progresso
Since Aug 24, 2008

Welcome to FR.

Very strange first post.

31 posted on 08/24/2008 12:05:55 PM PDT by Arrowhead1952 (A vote for any Democrat from BO on down the ticket is a vote for $10 a gallon gas.)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041 next last

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson