Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Progresso
I find it interesting that these libs simply cannot (will not!) say when life begins. Consider this: exremist Princeton "Ethics" professor Peter Singer claims that life begins when a child is self aware of it's own existence and will try to avoid harm. This, in his weird world, means that up until the child is 1yr old he isnt really alive yet and can be killed at the discretion of the parents.

This is an odious stand, but it's a stand! I might interpret Obama's evasiveness as leaving it possible he thinks Singer didnt go far enough. Indeed, coupled with his troubling opposition to the Born Alive Infant Protection act, he actually is in line with Singer. That is, it appears he doesnt believe has begun even at birth!

27 posted on 08/24/2008 11:39:10 AM PDT by pepsi_junkie (Often wrong, but never in doubt!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: pepsi_junkie

There is so much more proof for life beginning at conception than there is that it began 4 billion years ago.

A liberal will ignore the proof of the obvious, but go to his death defending the idiotic.

29 posted on 08/24/2008 11:41:39 AM PDT by Secret Agent Man (I'd like to tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson