Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: MississippiMan

Pelosi’s performance was disgusting. Defending Obama on the grounds that the Catholic CHurch has never settled on when life begins is beyond disingenuous. Brokaw was surprised, and said something to the effect that the Catholic Church has been very clear in its position. Pelosi’s response? That the position is less than thirty years old, the debate within the church continues, and if the Catholic church can’t decide, who are we to reach definitive conclusions. I was offended by her willful ignorance and deliberate falsification of church teaching. If she disagrees with it or believes it to be wrong, it’s a free country and she can believe what she wants. That said, it really is digusting that pro-abortionist politicians pretend to be Catholic and either ridicule, ignore or distort the Catholic church’s well known and clear teachings.

Why do the bishops abdicate their teaching responsiblities when self-proclaimed and self-serving Catholics distort or fabricate church teachings? Do these folks really think we are that stupid? My goodnoess, how did the Church fail so badly?

8 posted on 08/24/2008 10:41:24 AM PDT by RecallMoran (Recall Brodhead)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

To: RecallMoran
Nancy also did the evasion two step over her investments in natural gas with Tboone and her ability to help her own investment with her natural conflict of interest.
15 posted on 08/24/2008 11:07:22 AM PDT by Thebaddog (Dog breath? I don't think so.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson