Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

1 posted on 11/30/2008 4:21:53 PM PST by Neuromancer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: Neuromancer

Snowing here, got pictures?

2 posted on 11/30/2008 4:23:55 PM PST by xcamel (The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H. L. Mencken)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Beautiful. Clouds cleared right at sunset. I took some photos.

3 posted on 11/30/2008 4:25:20 PM PST by Kirkwood

Just went outside. It’s dusk right now. It’s lookin’ good. Tomorrow night will be better though when the moon is closer to Venus and Jupiter.

4 posted on 11/30/2008 4:26:38 PM PST by FlingWingFlyer (For more information on America's "new direction" read The Road to Serfdom. by Friedrich A. Hayek.)

Cloudy and rainy here in Virginia.

They said it should still pretty neat for the next week or so.

5 posted on 11/30/2008 4:27:10 PM PST by freedumb2003 (Der neuen Fuhrer: AKA the Murdering Messiah: Keep your power dry, folks)

Unfortunately, there’s been snow and sleet and rain and apparently even hail all coming down in various mixtures for the better part of the day today in the area where I live. No chance of seeing anything in the sky tonight =’(

9 posted on 11/30/2008 4:31:29 PM PST by Hyzenthlay (Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?)

It was so stunning tonight.

My daughter spotted them the other night, but with the crescent moon, it is beautiful.

However with the Mumbai tragedy, it looks too close to an Islamic flag to be enjoyed thoroughly. I had to look at it through my kids’ eyes who don’t know such things and just appreciate the sight.

17 posted on 11/30/2008 4:43:00 PM PST by autumnraine (Churchill: " we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall never surrender")

yup 52% elected the ‘crescent moon’.

20 posted on 11/30/2008 4:49:26 PM PST by Vaquero ( "an armed society is a polite society" Robert A. Heinlein)

I just went outside hoping to see something interesting. Nothing but some stars in the sky. This is the Fla. Panhandle. Has the moon already gone down in this area?

25 posted on 11/30/2008 5:02:11 PM PST by yarddog

Can't see them tonight because it's raining here but looking forward to the show tomorrow night when it should be clear. I saw Jupiter and Venus lined up last night taking the dog for a walk in a quiet neighborhood at sunset. In my headphones was playing "A Spaceman Came Traveling" by Chris Deburgh and it was a very apt song to be playing at that time.

It sometimes makes me angry when the planets line up like this. I wish they would just stick to their own portion of the sky. Now the moon wants to get in on the act as well and I am thinking that enough is enough already.

28 posted on 11/30/2008 5:48:24 PM PST by SamAdams76 (I am 90 days away from outliving John F. Kennedy)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson