Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Star Traveler

It wouldn’t be the first ruling from the Supreme Court to which folks around here reject. Can you say “abortion”?

1,085 posted on 01/02/2009 9:57:20 PM PST by Mad-Margaret
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1035 | View Replies ]

To: Mad-Margaret

You said — “It wouldn’t be the first ruling from the Supreme Court to which folks around here reject. Can you say “abortion”?”

I agree with you there. But, people *do accept it” in that it’s applied as the law. That doesn’t mean that they think it’s right — but they’ve accepted the decision. And they’re still working on changing it, while accepting the decision. That’s working *within* the system to make changes.

So, when you say “reject” it — the question is are you going to reject it by blowing up abortion clinics with bombs? Or are you going to reject it by shooting abortion doctors dead? If so, that’s not the kind of rejection that I would be talking about.

I would reject it — in that it’s not right, but it’s still the law and it needs to be changed. Then I would work on whatever can be done to change it, while recognizing the *reality* of the situation at the present time...

1,091 posted on 01/02/2009 10:03:37 PM PST by Star Traveler
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1085 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson