Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: trussell; Religion Moderator
He told others not to post on his thread because his voice was silenced on the religious threads, why should his thread be overtaken by those he isn't able to debate on their favorite issues?

There's a big difference between the mods telling someone to do something and some FReeper who is supposed to be on equal standing with other FReepers telling them what to do.

To the best of my knowledge, the person posting a thread is not by default given rights to moderate it.

If the Religion Mod felt that he was violating posting guidelines for the Religion Forum, then that mod did his/her job by telling him not to post there but that's the mods decision, it is not for someone to take on themselves. The rules for the religion forum are more restrictive than other forums as you ought to well know.

I pinged the Religion Mod simply because I am not familiar with the exact circumstances of cm being told not to post there any more.

1,055 posted on 02/02/2009 2:05:50 PM PST by metmom (Welfare was never meant to be a career choice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1054 | View Replies ]

To: metmom

The mods wouldn’t have told him to stay off the Christian threads if some Christians hadn’t constantly complained that he was hurting their delicate sensibilities.

Come on...people need to
Grow up and realize their belief isn’t the only one.
Others have the right to believe as they want.
This would be a mighty boring world if we all believed the exact same way.
Debate is a good thing, it keeps us sharp!

Now that most of the science debate has been silenced, that’s one less topic that can be discussed.

1,058 posted on 02/02/2009 2:39:20 PM PST by trussell (I carry because...When seconds count between life and death, the police are only minutes away)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1055 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson