Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

All Dogs Go To Heaven [Church Sign Debate] FUNNY!!!
The Real Democrat History ^ | 04/14/09 | Unknown

Posted on 04/14/2009 3:01:47 AM PDT by coffee260

click here to read article

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-92 last
To: Joe 6-pack

Weren’t these monks and their German Shepherd Dogs featured on an episode of “Dog Whisperer”?

51 posted on 04/14/2009 9:25:47 AM PDT by Penn_Cajun
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: Huck

If you like German Shepherds, you should really love Shiloh Shepherds. My wife and I have two, and they simply are the most remarkable dogs ever.

52 posted on 04/14/2009 9:27:24 AM PDT by Penn_Cajun
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: coffee260
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

'Nuff said. Can't debate what you see with your own eyes, LOL!

53 posted on 04/14/2009 9:30:59 AM PDT by CitizenM ("An excuse is worse than an lie, because an excuse is a lie hidden." Pope John Paul, II)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Penn_Cajun
Animal Planet featured them on a short series of their own titled, "Divine Canine." I took a trip up to the monastery last winter and wrote it up for the FR audience here.

My old shepherd's mom was a New Skete dog so it was like closing a loop for me ;-)

54 posted on 04/14/2009 9:33:02 AM PDT by Joe 6-pack (Que me amat, amet et canem meum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

To: Kenny Bunk

I cannot tell you where it is in the bible, but it says sinners will be outside of heaven with the dogs when the doors to the wedding are closed. Paraphrased of course.

55 posted on 04/14/2009 9:52:40 AM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

To: goat granny
....but it says sinners will be outside of heaven with the dogs when the doors to the wedding are closed...

Thank you for your words of implied inspiration to the cat-loving crowd. Now, what about those darn goats of yours?

56 posted on 04/14/2009 10:04:24 AM PDT by Kenny Bunk (The Election of 2008: Given the choice between stupid and evil, the stupid chose evil.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

To: Kenny Bunk

Good question, I’d like to think my dogs will be with me also my goats...

57 posted on 04/14/2009 10:25:41 AM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]

To: al_c

Amen...most of these things are fake, but still funny, so it does what it’s supposed to—make me laugh

58 posted on 04/14/2009 11:29:52 AM PDT by Unlikely Hero ("Time is a wonderful teacher; unfortunately, it kills all its pupils." --Berlioz)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

They will be.

59 posted on 04/14/2009 3:28:37 PM PDT by A knight without armor
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]

To: NavyCanDo
Cold noses, waggy tails, someone who greets you at the door after a long and terrible day at work who is glad that your home..... food is their great motivator, and “ the car “ or “ the toilet “ are the greatest inventions that most Dogs would agree that humans invented.
60 posted on 04/14/2009 5:46:38 PM PDT by Prophet in the wilderness (PSALM .53 : 1 The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no GOD.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

To: RegulatorCountry
I agree.

Romans 8 verses 19 - 22

19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 . For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

I would go on to say, that those who are just born mean, and hate dogs for no good reason have no heart or soul.
61 posted on 04/14/2009 5:52:27 PM PDT by Prophet in the wilderness (PSALM .53 : 1 The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no GOD.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

When my children were young, we raised guinea pigs...cute critters and reproduce quickly..24 hours after a female gives birth, shes ready to breed again...males make good daddys and they can stay with the babies, just not the first 48 hours. Females are able to breed only for the 24-48 hours after giving birth. Then the male can be put back in with mama and babies...They figured out when the refrig. door opened in the basement (where they were kept) they would all start yelling WEEP WEEP WEEP. sorry that’s the best I can do with what they sound like.That’s when they got fresh lettuce...Don’t smell and make good pets but can bite if they don’t like you... The babies are born fully furred and with teeth. They start eating the same food as the adults within 24 hours..

62 posted on 04/14/2009 6:27:32 PM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

You’ll have to catch and release...no more death..

63 posted on 04/14/2009 6:29:43 PM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: guitarplayer1953

If it means I can get in, I’ll clean their stables...

64 posted on 04/14/2009 6:42:39 PM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: kaylar

L O L

65 posted on 04/14/2009 6:45:56 PM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

To: A knight without armor

One of the best hoss opera’s ever on TV. Along with Rawhide.

66 posted on 04/14/2009 6:49:07 PM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

Only one way in.

67 posted on 04/14/2009 7:18:19 PM PDT by guitarplayer1953 (Psalm 83:1-8 is on the horizon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies]

I always catch and release bass. I’ve never been so in need of food as to kill a fine lunker. I just like to hassle em and throw em back. Trout, on the other hand...

68 posted on 04/14/2009 7:25:29 PM PDT by Huck ("He that lives on hope will die fasting"- Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies]

” Trout, on the other hand..”.

Taste great.......leave the head on..

69 posted on 04/14/2009 7:41:25 PM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies]

That's how I do it. Easy to gut em. Taste great in a frying pan with butter, or on the grill. When the eyes turn white, it's done! lol.

Bass are a sportin' fish. I'd eat em if I ever got that hungry, but I hope it never comes to that. I respect the big mouthed hogs too much to eat em. Not that I don't respect trout....they just taste too good not to eat.

70 posted on 04/14/2009 7:47:41 PM PDT by Huck ("He that lives on hope will die fasting"- Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies]

Broil until the eyes turn white is the best...(I don’t have a grill.) Years back my son lived in N.Carolina and got a bass so big he had it mounted..He loved bass fishing and usually released...The plaque with the mount tells exactly where he caught it..I don’t remember if it was large or small mouth....Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will never be home...

71 posted on 04/14/2009 9:57:51 PM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies]

Teach a man to fish and he will never be home

I stopped by a fishing hole recently. I was running an errand so I only had time for a few casts. Another guy was there. When I was leaving after only 20 minutes or so, he said to me, "Giving up already?" I replied "I've got to get going, my wife thinks I'm at the grocery store." He gave a hearty laugh, I wished him luck, and hurried away to complete my errands. I get home, first thing my wife says, "How was the fishing?"

72 posted on 04/15/2009 5:35:04 AM PDT by Huck ("He that lives on hope will die fasting"- Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 71 | View Replies]

LOL Your married to a jewel among women.

73 posted on 04/15/2009 9:33:20 AM PDT by goat granny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies]

To: goat granny; Huck

.....not a bad choice in a husband either!

74 posted on 04/28/2009 4:21:34 PM PDT by 3D-JOY
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies]

Looks like one of those sites where you can create your own signs. First clue, the weather seems to stay the same. LOL

Having said that.

Ecclesiastes 3:19 (King James Version)
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

75 posted on 04/28/2009 10:18:05 PM PDT by Netizen

To: Prophet in the wilderness
Dogs do teach us a lesson in humility ( something that the self righteous/Snotty Religious folks have not learned ) .... and Dogs teach us what is humility.

As opposed the SNOTTY/NONRELIGIOUS people? LOL

76 posted on 04/28/2009 10:20:39 PM PDT by Netizen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: MIchaelTArchangel
Deuteronomy 32:18
Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.
77 posted on 04/28/2009 10:25:27 PM PDT by Netizen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

I don't care what the self righteous/Snotty Religious folks say, the Bible says, that God considers all his creation... and I do believe that in some capacity, DOGS do go to heaven....

I've been around a lot of dogs, and they are conscious, have emotions, and personalities, as do cats, at least the domesticated ones.

78 posted on 04/28/2009 10:35:11 PM PDT by Moonman62 (The issue of whether cheap labor makes America great should have been settled by the Civil War.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Moonman62

LoL ... that was a good one....

79 posted on 04/29/2009 12:46:58 AM PDT by Prophet in the wilderness (PSALM .53 : 1 The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no GOD.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]

To: Netizen
" As opposed the SNOTTY/NONRELIGIOUS people? LOL "

Yes, there are those kinds, but, non religious people can be self righteious in their pride.....
As the Bible says " do not be wise in your own eyes " .... Hmmmm ? could that mean ??? moral relevance ?
80 posted on 04/29/2009 12:49:45 AM PDT by Prophet in the wilderness (PSALM .53 : 1 The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no GOD.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 76 | View Replies]

" As opposed the SNOTTY/NONRELIGIOUS people? LOL "

Yes, there are those kinds, but, non religious people can be self righteious in their pride.....
As the Bible says " do not be wise in your own eyes " .... Hmmmm ? could that mean ??? moral relevance ?
81 posted on 04/29/2009 12:50:13 AM PDT by Prophet in the wilderness (PSALM .53 : 1 The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no GOD.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 76 | View Replies]

I wish 'the debate' were true. That was some kinda funny.

82 posted on 04/29/2009 7:24:56 AM PDT by rvoitier (One of the 25 million)

It could mean a lot of things including looking down on religious people.

83 posted on 04/29/2009 7:54:56 AM PDT by Netizen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

To: CholeraJoe
I’m uncertain whether my dogs have souls or not, but they have a wicked sense of humor.

Got a story to share? :)
My old dog will often climb into the kitchen chair near my laptop.
To get me out of my chair, he'll bark at the door as if he has to go out. The second my hand touches the door knob, he'll make a beeline for my chair and climb in!
It's not easy for the old guy but I know he thinks it's too funny!
It is weird to see a large dog just sitting in a chair like that!

Also, he knows he's not allowed on the living room furniture and like a good dog, he never does it. Yet, surpringly, when we get home, we'll find lots of white dog hair on the black leather couch!
And he thinks he's being SO clever!

84 posted on 04/29/2009 8:15:32 AM PDT by MaryFromMichigan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: MaryFromMichigan

We had a large long haired black dog. Not sure what breed, so probably a mutt. Great dog that seldom barked. In fact we didn’t think she could bark for the longest time. Anyway, she wasn’t allowed on the furniture either and when we went away would put up a wooden plank to keep her out of the living room. Yeah right. Like a plank of wood is going to stop a large dog. They jump fight? Yeah, I thought so. Well, we went away for a Christmas party and when we got home, she was laying nicely in the kitchen, looking oh so innocent, yet somehow all the Christmas packages under the tree had their wrapping paper ripped off! lol

Another time, my mom would do my grandmother’s hair and my grandmother had a small poodle. The poodle would jup up onto the couch. Because the poodle was allowed on grandmother’s couch my mom never really pressed the issue, but, our dog noticed and would look at the poodle on the couch and then at us and back to the poodle again. One day when we let the poodle out on a leash to do her business, our dog went out too, and as we were looking out the sliding doors, our dog picked up the leash about 4 ft from the poodle and I kid you not, she was swinging that poodle around on circles. My mom quick turned grandma’s chair so she couldn’t see it. It was hilarious! I had to shout out to our dog to get her to stop it. We were afraid she’d hurt the poodle.

85 posted on 04/29/2009 8:31:11 AM PDT by Netizen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

I don't know if dogs go to heaven but I have had mine cremated and I am going to try to smuggle them in. I'll report back if I am successful. Listen for me! ;9)

I do know that dogs enjoy movies. We watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua (SP?)the other night and one of our Jack Russels never took his eyes off the screen.

86 posted on 04/29/2009 8:39:35 AM PDT by Ditter

LOL!
Would love to have seen that!
Hope other folks post their doggie stories!

So much bad news these days.
Nice to see the lighter side of life!

87 posted on 04/29/2009 8:43:42 AM PDT by MaryFromMichigan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 85 | View Replies]

To: Ditter
I don't know if dogs go to heaven but I have had mine cremated and I am going to try to smuggle them in. I'll report back if I am successful. Listen for me! ;9)

When you get there, freepmail me, ok?
(We'll still be freeping, right?)
88 posted on 04/29/2009 8:48:26 AM PDT by MaryFromMichigan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]

To: MaryFromMichigan

LOL! That’s hilarious!

89 posted on 04/29/2009 10:05:41 AM PDT by Lorica
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

To: Prophet in the wilderness; All

WOW!!!

That reply was every bit as funny as the post!

Make sure while you’re “Prophet-ing out there in the wilderness” that you take the time to convert a black bear or a cougar or two. After all, they can’t hear it if you don’t preach it!

God bless. GG

90 posted on 04/29/2009 11:20:56 AM PDT by Gordon Greene (www.fracturedrepublic.com - Jesus said, "I am THE way, THE truth and THE life." Any questions?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Gordon Greene
Yes..... didn't Jesus say “ Go out into the world and preach the Gospel to all creatures “ ?
91 posted on 04/29/2009 11:45:51 AM PDT by Prophet in the wilderness (PSALM .53 : 1 The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no GOD.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 90 | View Replies]

To: Prophet in the wilderness; All

“Yes..... didn’t Jesus say “ Go out into the world and preach the Gospel to all creatures “ ?”

I’m kind of like the make-believe Presbyterians in the post... it’s not up for debate with me.

That interpretation of that verse could not be more ridiculously funny. However, I don’t have an issue with someone believing that way and anyone who says it calls your salvation into question is just being plain goofy themselves. No way it’s a mortal sin to think dogs go to heaven or to the dust.

I guess you could say, I don’t have a dog in the fight. I am sure my cat will probably be banished to the deepest darkest depths of Hell, though.

GG

92 posted on 04/29/2009 12:00:51 PM PDT by Gordon Greene (www.fracturedrepublic.com - Jesus said, "I am THE way, THE truth and THE life." Any questions?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 91 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-92 last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson