Skip to comments.Romanian Teens Dies Twitting In Tub
Posted on 06/22/2009 5:39:16 PM PDT by Diana in Wisconsin
Brasov, Romania (AHN) - Electricy and water don't mix!
A Romanian teen died of electrocution while Twittering in her bathtub, after she dropped her laptop in the water.
Found by her parents with her laptop lying next to her, Maria Barbu, 17, of Brasov in central Romania, died in her bathtub at home, the Croatian Times reported.
Police believe she may have tried to plug in the laptop with her wet hands after her battery died during a long Twitter session.
PERFECT! That so articulated what I think about twitter!
You’re exactly right, you have no knowledge.
The original post dealt with the death of a teen girl.
I’ll not do battle with a sophomoric, ill-educated twit.
Be done with you.
battery is running low, brb
- he's playing a little ditty and meowing! what is this all about?
- whoa, there's a cat here with a little piano and his arms stretched out. hi there little kitty!
- @Tubgirl Yo, I am tweeting from the bathtub lol #iranelection Please RT
- there was a guy walking around town with a scythe today. keep romania weird!!
- apparently i'm not the first person to think of doing this.. a great idea! http://tinyurl.com/nlhans
- I just saw this on Reddit.. That site is so funny! http://bit.ly/IU7Ml
- OH it's nice to sit in the tub after a long day, huh?
- lighting some candles and filling the tub
- i love this new macbook my parents got me! it's so boss
- it's cold, i feel like taking a hot bath, but i love twittering so much i don't really want to stop
- I'm so psyched for the new iphone #squarespace #squarespace #squarespace
- #dontyouhate people who tell you what to do? #inaperfectworld... well, you know
- My cousin in Tomşani says that I shouldn't be on the internet so often
- I just love twittering!
120v isn't exactly safe, either. Actually, in a bathtub context, anything above, say, 12v should be considered hazardous.
What happened to the good old days when people would call somebody on their cellphone to them every single thing they're doing?
I used to shave (in the tub) with an electrical razor as a teen - had no idea it was not ok - and I was not a particularly stupid kid.
Everyone does something stupid now and then. Poor kid.
Ah, those wacky /b/tards.
Drop electrical devices in a bathtub, and yes, your heart is going to go a-twitter twitter .... and STOP tweetin.
That encapsulates what I know I've told you (martin) how I feel about Twitter and all its Twits.
Good Lord, we finally agree on something.
YAY!!!! It was BOUND to happen someday!!!! LOL! I’m positive that if we spoke, we’d agree on a lot of stuff! Will you be going to Washington, DC for the September 12th convention???
What a shame; good laptops aren’t cheap in Romania.
were these really her posts before she died???
I don't know. I just guessed her Twitter ID. If they are not her final posts, then there's someone out there with a sicker (and more measuredly creative) mind than mine.
One thing that's clear from her posts is that Romania is a far better place to be than it was before 25 December 1989.
I think that’s it..the date would give it away...That’s really kinda creepy, huh?
Aw, bet you got that right out of your book of spells. Be careful, someone may drop a house on you.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.