Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

SHAME ON FOX NEWS! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!
06-25-09 | MJ Rackley

Posted on 06/25/2009 4:39:41 PM PDT by nfldgirl

Okay...if I'm off-base, then flame me. But DH and I are fuming this evening to come home from work to learn that Fox News spent the 6-7 PM NEWS hour with Shep Smith crying over Michael Jackson. UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE! There is so much crap going on in this country, the world, the economy, 10% unemployment, Congress/Obama getting ready to shove cap-n-trade down our throats, he and the big-she having a laeuiu at the Whie House...what in the hell is going on! The whole damn world is in fire! I'm so ticked off to not hear the Bret Baer news hour....what a frickin joke on the part of Fox News! And they want to be taken seriously?! Geesh! Enough already!

TOPICS: Chit/Chat; Music/Entertainment; TV/Movies
KEYWORDS: breadandcircuses; culturalmeltdown; dumbeddowncountry; everyonedies; fox; foxnews; irrevelant; michaeljackson; pedophile; shepardsmith; tabloidnation
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-241 next last

1 posted on 06/25/2009 4:39:41 PM PDT by nfldgirl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Mean Maryjean

Amazing how much reporting and “crying” over a pedophile!

2 posted on 06/25/2009 4:40:39 PM PDT by newfreep ("Liberalism is just Communism sold by the drink." - P.J. O'Rourke)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Right now it’s an Al Sharpton mouth-a-thon on Fox.

3 posted on 06/25/2009 4:40:50 PM PDT by JeepInMazar

Give it until 2000 Eastern Time when the Gay boy Shep uis off the air........I can gauruntee you the coverage will not be as filled with utter CRAP, after Tinkerbell Shep is off

4 posted on 06/25/2009 4:41:22 PM PDT by MagUSNRET

Lose the TV. Get a beer. Take deep breaths.

BTW, lose the TV doesn't mean w/ a 12 gauge, unless you are in the country and won't get in trouble.... Simply dump it at the curb and 30 minutes later it is gone.

/johnny

5 posted on 06/25/2009 4:42:12 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (God Bless us all, each, and every one.)

The Cap N trade, the healthcare bill, which Obama says is care not good enough for his family....

lots of stuff more important

6 posted on 06/25/2009 4:42:14 PM PDT by GeronL (http://libertyfic.proboards.com <----go there now,----> tyrannysentinel.blogspot.com)

Hmmm...must have been an Obama and Emanuel plot to cause Michael Jackson to have a heart attack to divert all news coverage. At least that was the explanation of some Freerpers as to why the Sanford affair story broke. LOL
7 posted on 06/25/2009 4:42:14 PM PDT by Abbeville Conservative (Sarah Palin is the best medicine for the Rino Virus.)

To: JeepInMazar

When do the riots start?

8 posted on 06/25/2009 4:42:15 PM PDT by doosee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Right there with you, I had to change the channel.

9 posted on 06/25/2009 4:42:17 PM PDT by alicewonders (Sarah Palin is the face of America's future.)

>>Right now it’s an Al Sharpton mouth-a-thon on Fox.<<

So who had sharpton on the “TV whore” pool?

10 posted on 06/25/2009 4:42:34 PM PDT by freedumb2003 (Communism comes to America: 1/20/2009. Keep your powder dry, folks. Sic semper tyrannis)

Michael Jackson's life was more bizarre than any freak show at Cony Island. Still 5 minutes of air time is enough.
11 posted on 06/25/2009 4:42:39 PM PDT by mainerforglobalwarming

To: alicewonders

NCIS marathon on USA and no Breaking News interruptions.

12 posted on 06/25/2009 4:43:26 PM PDT by freedumb2003 (Communism comes to America: 1/20/2009. Keep your powder dry, folks. Sic semper tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: MagUSNRET

Drama Queen Tinkerbell said about 30 mins ago of Micheal Jackson’s death “ in the coming days this is going to turn into a American event “ .....

13 posted on 06/25/2009 4:43:50 PM PDT by Prophet in the wilderness (PSALM .53 : 1 The FOOL hath said in his heart, there is no GOD.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Stories like this one take the spotlight off the economy, Obama, unemployment, healthcare and the other depressing doom-and-gloom daily issues. People are drawn to it as a sort of bizarre escape. It gets huge ratings; I’m betting it will be a top story on all channels for weeks.

14 posted on 06/25/2009 4:43:54 PM PDT by AUJenn

Well it’s not like there is at this very moment the most destructive legislation to the Republic ever unleashed making its way thru the corridors of corruption. Oh, wait...

15 posted on 06/25/2009 4:44:03 PM PDT by Dysart (It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong--Voltaire)

Bread and circuses.

16 posted on 06/25/2009 4:44:08 PM PDT by Rocko (Mymindisaragingtorrent,floodedwithrivuletsofthoughtcascadingintoawaterfallofcreativealternatives.)

To: freedumb2003

Thanks. I ended up at “King of Queens”.

17 posted on 06/25/2009 4:44:34 PM PDT by alicewonders (Sarah Palin is the face of America's future.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

sigh.. thousands of folk will crowd together in numerous locations to pay homage to MJs passing. swine flu pandemic declared a couple weeks ago.

BumP the Rev. Al overload

Michael touched a lot of poeple in a lot of different ways.
a comment by a commentator w/Shep the wonder pony

18 posted on 06/25/2009 4:44:47 PM PDT by NormsRevenge (Semper Fi ... Godspeed.)

It's just as well. If we weren't hearing Michael Jackson stories we'd be hearing non-stop coverage of this guy:

19 posted on 06/25/2009 4:45:02 PM PDT by PressurePoint

FOX has spent from 7-7:44 pm on it, too, and by 8 pm I expect that it will have been the entire 7-8 pm newscast.

Lets face it, Michael Jackson is a bigger audience draw than world news, shamnesty, cap and tax.

20 posted on 06/25/2009 4:45:30 PM PDT by freespirited (Is this a nation of laws or a nation of Democrats? -- Charles Krauthammer)

It’s understandable that this story is getting wall-to-wall coverage. It’s the biggest news story in the world. If Fox doesn’t cover it they’ll be the only ones.

21 posted on 06/25/2009 4:47:09 PM PDT by HelloooClareece ("We make war that we may live in peace". Aristotle)

I know, sheppie has been going on and on about how old he is (42) and how him and his little high school buddies back in ‘82 around the time of their high school graduation just couldn’t wait to get home and hear the new Thriller album by freakzoid MJ or some such garbage. BARF. I knew MJ was barf way back when he came out with that 123, easy as ABC, song in about 1968. BLECH BLECH. MJ was a loser.

22 posted on 06/25/2009 4:47:13 PM PDT by WashStateGirl

I know you’re right, but doesn’t this say a lot about ourselves & where we’ve gone as a nation?

23 posted on 06/25/2009 4:47:22 PM PDT by ChrisInAR (The Tenth Amendment is still the Supreme Law of the Land, folks -- start enforcing it for a CHANGE!)

We are in such a hell-hole in this country anymore. I’m so disgusted, sick with it...and feel so utterly, completely, totally powerless to do anything about it. What is RIGHT is WRONG, and what is wrong is right. Nearly everyday I say to myself and often out loud: “God help us; God have mercy on us!” What else can I do? What else can be said. It’s all so surreal...

24 posted on 06/25/2009 4:48:07 PM PDT by nfldgirl

To: HelloooClareece

Thank you. You are exactly right and said it well.

25 posted on 06/25/2009 4:48:23 PM PDT by John W
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

I share your frustration. I want coverage on the Cap and Trade fiasco that Congress will vote on tomorrow. Can we get coverage of that, please?

26 posted on 06/25/2009 4:48:41 PM PDT by nomoremods

To: freespirited

Now a music video channel....

27 posted on 06/25/2009 4:48:43 PM PDT by yield 2 the right
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: freedumb2003

Just a random thought...

With MJ’s passing, it means that Patrick Swayze is okay for now....

28 posted on 06/25/2009 4:48:46 PM PDT by al baby (Hi Mom)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

If a nuclear World War III starts today would Shepherd Smith even notice?

29 posted on 06/25/2009 4:48:57 PM PDT by Colonel Kangaroo

Call O’Reilly’s show? He’s up next, right?

30 posted on 06/25/2009 4:49:00 PM PDT by Miykayl

I remember during the Clinton/Lewinsky debacle saying to my dad that the only thing that could knock the story off the front page would be if Frank Sinatra died...and wouldn’t ya know it...he did!

31 posted on 06/25/2009 4:49:39 PM PDT by Hildy (In Venezuela Coke Zero is bad for your h ealth. In the U.S. Zero on Coke is bad for your healthcare.)

I turned Fox News off tonight. Or what passes for the news these days. At least we have Free Republic to get the real news of the day.
32 posted on 06/25/2009 4:49:52 PM PDT by FR_addict (www.conservativesinactionusa.com)

To: newfreep
"to come home from work to learn that Fox News spent the 6-7 PM NEWS hour with Shep Smith crying over Michael Jackson. UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE!"

Smith said they'd be obsessing over it "well into the wee hours of the morning".

Good thing there's nothing else happening, I guess.

33 posted on 06/25/2009 4:50:07 PM PDT by TheClintons-STILLAnti-American
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: nomoremods

Yes, right here at FR-

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2279536/posts

34 posted on 06/25/2009 4:50:14 PM PDT by John W
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Mary Jean..you best turn your TV off for at least three days, because it will be all Michael Jackson, all the time.

35 posted on 06/25/2009 4:50:18 PM PDT by Hildy (In Venezuela Coke Zero is bad for your h ealth. In the U.S. Zero on Coke is bad for your healthcare.)

To: al baby

>>With MJ’s passing, it means that Patrick Swayze is okay for now....<<

I wouldn’t be so sure — we had at least one FReeper predict MJs movin’ on...

36 posted on 06/25/2009 4:50:31 PM PDT by freedumb2003 (Communism comes to America: 1/20/2009. Keep your powder dry, folks. Sic semper tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

One makeup wearing freak crying about another makeup wearing freak.

37 posted on 06/25/2009 4:50:41 PM PDT by Rome2000 (Peace is not an option)

To: ChrisInAR

Yes it does, ChrisInAR....definitely...and it’s not pretty; it’s downright scary.

38 posted on 06/25/2009 4:50:45 PM PDT by nfldgirl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

It is sad that he passed...but it just goes to show you what the MSM consider important news.

What’s right is wrong and what’s wrong is right. Sad days my FRiend...sad days.

39 posted on 06/25/2009 4:51:23 PM PDT by Lucky9teen (War is when the government tells u who the bad guy is. Revolution is when u decide that for yourself)

To: FR_addict

>>At least we have Free Republic to get the real news of the day.<<

I dunno — after telling the 20th or 30th thread originator that the Jeff Goldblum Dies story is a hoax...

40 posted on 06/25/2009 4:51:41 PM PDT by freedumb2003 (Communism comes to America: 1/20/2009. Keep your powder dry, folks. Sic semper tyrannis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

You think anybody else is doing any different? The first part of “TV news” is TV, their job is to get people to watch commercials, if they can do that while reporting real news fine, if not that’s OK too.

41 posted on 06/25/2009 4:52:17 PM PDT by razorboy

To: freespirited
From Fox News on Facebook:

Fox News will be live until 2am ET tonight covering the death of Michael Jackson

Jeesh
42 posted on 06/25/2009 4:52:28 PM PDT by Lucky9teen (War is when the government tells u who the bad guy is. Revolution is when u decide that for yourself)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: nomoremods

I bet there will be diddly-s#*t about that on tonight’s news...yet alone some damn infomercial in ABC/NBC/CBS, etc. Oh, God help us; have mercy on us!

43 posted on 06/25/2009 4:52:37 PM PDT by nfldgirl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: newfreep

“Amazing how much reporting and “crying” over a pedophile!”

The man was a sick pervert. Its disgusting how much some worship him. Then again its amazing how some people love Slick Willie.

44 posted on 06/25/2009 4:52:50 PM PDT by DemonDeac
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Fox sees the international money and ratings rolling in. This will be bigger outside the US than inside and most of the world doesn’t care about MJ and small children... they just see fame. :0/

45 posted on 06/25/2009 4:53:03 PM PDT by paulycy (Liberal DOUBLE-STANDARDS are HATE speech.)

Now we are in line for a solid week of funeral crapola! The best thing is that maybe those poor little kids might have a chance to get free.

46 posted on 06/25/2009 4:53:23 PM PDT by SWAMPSNIPER (THE SECOND AMENDMENT, A MATTER OF FACT, NOT A MATTER OF OPINION)

Absolutely agree. These celebs don't care about me and I don't care about them anymore that any other person out there. As for MJ, I recognized his talent but I'm not the sort to appreciate it. And I always thought the child molestation stuff was BS. Let him RIP, and let his family grieve; while we grieve for our country.

ML/NJ

47 posted on 06/25/2009 4:53:25 PM PDT by ml/nj

I agree, I watched some of Shep and you would have thought his brother had died.
When he said Jackson was the greatest entertainer in the history of the planet that was enough.
Me thinks Shep had a secret Man Crush on Jackson and wanted to share that bed himself.
Jackson’s death will suck all the air out of TV programming for the next few nights.
I even saw Lester Holt waxing tears on Jackson on NBC and Brian Williams wasn’t far behind.
What a disgusting joke.

48 posted on 06/25/2009 4:53:53 PM PDT by Captain Peter Blood

Let Shep get his queer on ...leave him alone!

49 posted on 06/25/2009 4:54:02 PM PDT by DainBramage

the Oreilly factor starts in 5 mins at 5pm here on the west coast. i wonder if FNC will pre-empt it because I think its recorded earlier.

50 posted on 06/25/2009 4:54:18 PM PDT by WashStateGirl

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-241 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson