Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: osagebowman; g'nad; Ramius; Squantos
There were almost no tires to kick at the store today. Still a big crowd, now it was shotguns and handguns. And a lot of out-of-state buyers. I heard at least three incidents of "if it was a long gun, you could take it with you, but a handgun has to go to your local FFL." Quite a few out-of-state plates.

Maybe they figured Michigan was such a basket case, nobody had enough money to buy what was left. There are NO NIB items in the back room. Whatever is new is sitting in the display racks, and it's getting slimmer every day. The HK91 clone, the brand-x AR15, the two Springfield M1As supermatches were gone since yesterday. The H&K G36 semi-clone, all $3500 of it, was being wrapped up while I was there. Someone decided that a $3500 weapon in the hand was better than zero $700 clones not in any bush. Ammo was down to two boxes per customer, max, and their crappiest Thermelt mags went from a truckload to six.

They got their first, and probably last, case of S&W Shields today. Ten sold in an hour.

If this was food there would be blood in the streets already. But the always-armed sales force helped promote an atmosphere of good-natured black humor.

I asked the owner if he'd sell me his Bushmaster sales banner, since that would be verboten in the near future. He said he'd think about it. He also mentioned that when everyone realizes that everything is sold out, he expects things to slow down considerably. That's when he'll have his guys look through their 800 trade-in handguns, looking for collectible, rare, or clean items to sell as used. I offered him $10/hour of volunteer help just so I can eyeball the stuff as it comes off the pallets. This "early bird" will PAY to get the first chance at a choice worm. :)

3,923 posted on 12/22/2012 9:44:05 PM PST by 300winmag (Overkill Never Fails)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3922 | View Replies ]

To: 300winmag

I would like to wish you and yours a very safe, secure and peaceful few days to celebrate Christmas my friend.

EBR’s in every stocking ....:o)

We’re gonna need em in the near future the way things are going.

Vote with your dollars between elections !

3,924 posted on 12/22/2012 11:37:01 PM PST by Squantos ( Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3923 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson