Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Squantos
May want to look around before ya waste that stuff because I think it’s coming off the market....

I'm surprised the stuff isn't marked "LEO use only". Then again, nothing surprises me when it comes to what is happening with the market, including the unexplained vanishing of all 5.7x28mm ammo just a few months after I bought 2K with no problem. Any regime that orders its Wall Street banksters to lean on smaller banks to cut off lines of credit to now-profitable gun manufacturers will do anything. When will they start squeezing dealers the same way? And put pressure on to close ranges?

Although this frangible stuff is the "greenie's dream". No lead, no toxic heavy metals, no ricochet,etc. It's greener than the proposed "green" tungsten cores that the US military would have been forced to buy from the chicoms.

And I definitely will buy more, as soon as I verify my plastic can handle it. The UPS guys already hate my guts. My biggest shortage right now are MTM plastic ammo cans. Haven't seen any in months, and I feel better when the stuff is outside the cardboard shipping carton, and nice and dry in the plastic can.

3,984 posted on 02/23/2013 10:18:42 PM PST by 300winmag (Overkill Never Fails)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3983 | View Replies ]

To: 300winmag

Get yerself one of those Williams Sonoma or Wally World food saver Appliances that vacuum packs yer garden harvest and or left overs.

I vacuum pack each box or flats of 4 boxes each. Then drop em into a 20mm surplus ammo can that followed me home when I retired from the military. Knuckle Dragger Ammo Apes use to beg us to take the empties so they didn’t have to ship em off.

My TEOTWAWKI wall in my tornado shelter looks like a bomb dump..... Everything from bandaids to bullets to beer making supplies is stored in those 20mm ammo cans.

A food saver, lable maker and some good custom storage shelves keeps moisture and mice at bay quiet well when using the old ammo cans.

Just how I store large quantities of anything ..... Be it beans or bullets. Pretty low humidity in my location versus where your at so understand your concerns.

Food saver widget is a good tool for ones shop as well as the kitchen.

Also consider a dedicated storage room with a dehumidifier that drains itself to a sump pump or drain directly. Check the Craigslist for Pelican Brand cargo cases.... One of those will properly store 6 cases of anything with ease.

I am a big fan of Pelican Cases. Kicked one full of gear off the back ramp of a Herc at about 1600 feet MSL into big blue and it survived the drop at speed. No chute. Granted a few wraps of glass tape was also around the case to augment the latches but contents were dry . Evidence the lid didn’t even flex at the O-Ring.

Love pelican cases.

On the cheap some old chest type freezers are airtight. Left unplugged they make great dry boxes that are clearly tempeture stable.

Used a stainless Coleman cooler in my FJ80 Landcruiser to store emergency supplies. Freezing or Tropical Heat the contents stay in original condition for years.

Oh well we just got a Blizzard warning for the Panhandle of Texas 60 mph wind gusts and 14 inches possible. I am one of few if any texans that have studded snow tires on one dedicated 4x4 for our frequent ice storms and early morning black ice in the winter here on the High Plains. I will go chain up that rig and make it ready to bust some drifts if “I HAVE TO” go out in it for next few days.

Cord woods inside and dry so all is well.... All is well.

Stay safe !

3,985 posted on 02/24/2013 3:28:55 AM PST by Squantos ( Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3984 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson