Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Ramius; g'nad; osagebowman; Lost Dutchman; Squantos; Corin Stormhands; JenB; TalonDJ; ExGeeEye; ...
It's late, so I'll just post a quick image of my growing FN clan. I fired a couple of magazines through the FNX-45 on top. The FNX-40 below it, and the FNS-40 at bottom remain unfired. The "P-40" is more Glock-like, while the "X-40" has the three-position safety of the X-45, a bit more complex, but offering some desirable added features.

Meanwhile, the FX .40S&W magazines continue to mock me with markings of "40S&W/357 SiG", even though .357 barrels (all that's needed) have never been made, even by aftermarket barrel makers. Range report when I find my .40 ammo, which is scattered somewhere in the basement. CZ and SiG have the 9mm market cornered in my vault.

3,986 posted on 02/24/2013 3:32:14 AM PST by 300winmag (Overkill Never Fails)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3983 | View Replies ]

To: 300winmag

With all the recent panic buying I decided to take stock of our ARs. I rediscovered what I already knew, which is that they are sadly not in a ‘grab and go’ configuration. One thing we are short are some decent slings. I have one on the AK but when I investigated further I realized I have no idea how to work the quick release and single point features it has. So I hesitate to pick up something for the ARs which i might not be able to figure out. Do you know any decent slings with real versatility. I am talking SHTF stuff and not just ye ‘ol hunting sling. Preferably something that has a guide on just what to do with it.

Then I need to figure up some better optics :P and maybe a rail fore-grip... been drooling over danieldefense products.

3,987 posted on 02/26/2013 12:37:42 PM PST by TalonDJ
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3986 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson