Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Squantos; g'nad; osagebowman; Ramius; JenB; TalonDJ
More snippets of intel from the gun store. The biggest being two Glock 17 Gen4s arriving in today's shipment. Nothing out of the ordinary in one, but the other was marked "USA" rather than "Austria". Nobody there had ever heard a hint that Glock was now producing whole handguns (or at least the key components) in the US until they saw it. Domestic production saves them, and us, from any arbitrary and capricious BS from Customs or other government agencies.

Glock probably has enough assembly lines that they could afford to ship one here for domestic production, but I still applaud them for thinking ahead.

One thing still imported from Germany, which I was also unaware of until today, is the Walther PPS/K .22lr in stainless steel. It goes on my list of "must-haves" as part of my homage to great handguns, and great little .22s.

So it was a good day for recon, even if I didn't spend a cent.

4,008 posted on 03/16/2013 2:14:06 AM PDT by 300winmag (Overkill Never Fails)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4007 | View Replies ]

To: 300winmag; g'nad

Now that PPS/K is on my short list too. Sure didn’t know that one was still out there. I know Bersa sold a bunch at my local LGS just for reason it LOOKED like one. I’d rather have the real deal any day.

I was visiting with owner of a nice LGS in the town north of theshire, he said that he takes anything that the wholesaler will send, same thing with ammo. He runs a CCW course at his mini-range, all the qualification is with .22 rimfire; when he gets a case of CCI SV he runs a class. Strange times indeed.

4,013 posted on 03/22/2013 7:18:08 AM PDT by osagebowman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4008 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson