Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: osagebowman; g'nad; Ramius; Squantos; TalonDJ
This may not look like much, but it's the nucleus of a S&W M&P Pro in .45ACP. The store had three in stock last Monday, but after looking at them, I said "nice, but I have no interest". Now I have an interest, but no handguns.

Last Friday, I spotted this threaded barrel among other assorted parts in the accessories display case. It turns out to be for the S&W M&P .45. They also got their first spare magazines for that handgun. I immediately snapped the stuff up under the principle that "if I've never seen or heard of it before, I've got to grab it". So now I'm waiting for another M&P .45 to come in.

It shouldn't be too long a wait. They get a couple dozen assorted Smiths every week, with 90% gone within days, and the unsold ones refilling their inventory. But like a box of chocolates, one never knows what's in a shipment until it's opened. But it shouldn't be too long a wait, and I think spare mags and a threaded barrel will be harder to come by than the handgun itself. It's that way even with the magazines for the plain vanilla S&W .40 mags, too.

4,065 posted on 05/22/2013 1:30:36 AM PDT by 300winmag (Whatever CAN go wrong has already happened. We just don't know about it yet.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4060 | View Replies ]

To: 300winmag; osagebowman

handguns are tricklin’ in to my local gunshop... they got two S&W snubbies in last week... one Ultralite, the other was the standard... They were still there on Tuesday... had a friend score two cans of Varget, sold one to me...

4,072 posted on 05/22/2013 8:10:21 PM PDT by g'nad (guns don't kill people... I kill people...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4065 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson