Skip to comments.~~~~ ThE oFfIcIaL fRiDaY sIlLiNeSs ThReAd ~~~~
Posted on 10/23/2009 5:49:32 AM PDT by Lucky9teen
Well, I for one, am just getting over the dreaded flu...and I couldn't tell ya if it was the seasonal or H1N1 (Swine) flu....it felt the same to me. My fever lasted for 2 and a half days and got as high as 103.8°. But I'm still alive.....and well, seeing all the chatter lately on Facebook, it seems I'm not the only one recovering from this.......flu, nor am I the only one questioning which one is it....
So....without further ado, todays SILLY THREAD..................
Top 10 reasons not to worry about the swine flu
10. News: U.S. CDC says new flu hitting mostly younger people (Reuters)
Comic relief: Youre so old that even a novel virus doesnt want you.
9. The elbow bump is back.
This is cooler than the terrorist fist bump, no?
Photo source: Doctors learn elbow greeting to lower swine flu risk
8. The World Health Organization's (WHO) response to swine flu gives businesses, governments and individuals practice for when a more fatal pathogen does threaten the globe. SCENARIOS: What the new swine flu might do (Reuters)
7. H1N1 is nicknamed pig flu, not pigs flew. When pigs do fly --and snowballs have a chance in hell thats when were really in trouble.
6. Dont worry, just twitter now. (background music: Don't Worry, Be Happy) Twitter is great for watching uninformed panic unfold live.(XCCD.com
5. House (Hugh Laurie) is on the job
4. Comedian Lee Camp says so
Why NOT to Worry About Swine Flu
From Anthrax to Ebola, we've seen it before.
3. The swine flu is an economic stimulant, not limited to escalating sales in alcoholic beverages, pharmaceuticals, junk food, art supplies and surgical masks with some consumers splurging in these industries simultaneously.
2. PETA was right after all .
And....the Number One reason not to worry about swine flu
The world is going to end in 2012 enjoy life now.
Plus, swine flu masks are cheaper than a six-pack of beer....
In the meanwhile, here is something to take to help if you get it
FF — Finally Friday.
Let the silliness begin!
The comic you cited is http://xkcd.com/574/. Some of the subsequent "tweets" are funnier:
You need some Alvin Crow for your symptoms;
Oh well, pie is pie........
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.