This is very good.
I’m not good at poetry or haiku. But I’m good at posting other’s works. :^)
Welcome to Amy’s Place. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
posted on 02/28/2010 10:39:20 PM PST
(Republicans think everyday is July 4th. Democrats think everyday is April 15th.)
I have admired your thread from afar for quite the nonce.
So perchance I shall partake of the beauty it has to offer, if’n you don’t mind much :)
posted on 02/28/2010 11:10:26 PM PST
( Tagline lost -- anyone seen it?)
To: JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; La Enchiladita; MEG33; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; ..
GOOD MILITARY MONDAY TO AMYS PLACE!
The Soldiers Code
1) I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
2) I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist.
3) If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
4) If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and will back them up in every way.
5) When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give only name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies, or harmful to their cause.
6) I will never forget that I am an American fighting man, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.
President Dwight D. Eisenhower, August, 1955.
posted on 03/01/2010 4:03:48 AM PST
(HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines, RVN 1969. St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle!)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson