To: JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; La Enchiladita; MEG33; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; ..
GOOD MILITARY MONDAY TO AMYS PLACE!
The Soldiers Code
1) I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
2) I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist.
3) If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
4) If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and will back them up in every way.
5) When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give only name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies, or harmful to their cause.
6) I will never forget that I am an American fighting man, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.
President Dwight D. Eisenhower, August, 1955.
posted on 03/01/2010 4:03:48 AM PST
(HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines, RVN 1969. St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle!)
Happy Military Monday, Conor.
Hoping that Spring is on its way in your area. I’m anxious for pretty flowers and the sound of birds.
Have a beautiful day.
posted on 03/01/2010 9:22:18 AM PST
(Republicans think everyday is July 4th. Democrats think everyday is April 15th.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson