Skip to comments.Cooking Some Bacon – The Machine Gun Method
Posted on 04/01/2010 9:00:00 AM PDT by Reaganesque
Making breakfast couldnt get any more manly:
Ive discovered a new way of cooking bacon. All you need is: bacon, tin foil, some string, and.. oh whats it called? oh yeah, an old worn out 7.62mm machinegun that is about to be discarded, and about 200 rounds of ammunition.
1) You start by wrapping the barrel in tin foil. Then you wrap bacon around it, and tie it down with some string.
2) you then wrap some more tin foil around it, and once again tie it down with string.
3) It is now ready to be inserted into the cooking device. I ripped the tin foil a little bit getting the barrel inserted. that part of the bacon got severely burned by hot gasses.
4) After just a few short bursts you should be able to smell the wonderful aroma of bacon.
5) I gave this about 250 rounds. but I think around 150 might actually be enough. But then again I dont mind when bacon is crispy. Ahh the smell of sizzling bacon mixed with the smell of gunpowder and weapon oil.
6) And the end result: Crispy delicious well done bacon.
He should have bust some eggs downrange onto a hot skillet, or shot some oranges to make some juice!
The gun appears to be a German Rheinmetall MG 3 Machine gun. Its rate of fire is approximately 1150 rounds /min.
Too bad I dont have anything with a high enough rate of fire to try this I guess could work on my bump firing skills . I can see it now Bump Fire Bacon!
Please Discard this piece of junk with me. Thank you.
Also, I found an error in your experiment. The result is the same, only more satisfying : You can make delicious bacon by roasting it over an ignited Koran.
Bon Appetit !
Ha! Looks like something Ted Nugent would do!
Most. Awesome. Breakfast. Ever.
Manly combat cooking
The weapon oil and gun powder give the bacon an extra zing!
Wow! You’ve just given me an idea for this November!!!
An easy and fun alternative to deep-fat-frying a turkey!!!
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Kilgore: Bacon, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of bacon in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn’t find one of ‘em, not one stinkin’ dink body. The smell, you know that bacon smell, the whole hill. Smelled like
Kilgore: victory. Someday this war’s gonna end...
[suddenly walks off]
During Russian winters, the MG-42 which was the predicessor to the MG-3 was used as a handwarmer.
“The weapon oil and gun powder give the bacon an extra zing!”
Add in a little Hoppes #9... :)
Hoppe’s goes in the coffee. Sheesh, I thought everyone knew that.
Scouts Out! Cavaklry Ho!
Scouts Out! Cavalry Ho!
Needs to be pinged to the TexasCowboy Memorial Shoot Thread!
So wanna try this with the AR.
Ready for use against the Taliban...
Now we have to!
Lets make soup with a howitzer !
My blood sugar just went off the chart...;-)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.