Skip to comments.American Idol 2010--Live Thread II
Posted on 04/06/2010 5:56:41 AM PDT by silent_jonny
Looks like it will be a Crystal vs. Huge Mike final.
Lee and Casey should BOTH go home after tonight.
Hah! the artist shirt does not come in Mike’s size.
Artists are usually assumed to be starving.
I missed you all, too...it’s been impossible to watch lately. Please let me know if there’s a prayer thread for the PEACE DEAL. I shan’t sleep a wink tonight. ;)
Brought the old dog to the new house. He sniffed around and I could see him thinking, “man, I’m gonna have to do a lot more walking here than in that apartment.”
Well, that was an interesting night. One stand out performance, two great duets, and a lot of silliness from the judges.
Solo performances (You know the ones that count):
1. Crystal Bowersox - I’m Alright - This was Brilliant. Crystal brought a 25 year old song into the present and made it a totally new hit. Coupled with Lee’s trainwreck performance, she may have WON the competition tonight. Possibly the best performance of the entire season.
2. Casey James - Mrs. Robinson - I thought the arrangement and Casey’s performance were great. This is the best Casey has done in weeks.
3. Michael Lynche - Will You be There - I liked this, it wasn’t great, but it was very good. Not his best by far, but still a quality performance.
4. Lee Dewyze - Kiss From A Rose - Lee was not very wise here, how many times in the last 9 years have we said - SONG CHOICE SONG CHOICE SONG CHOICE. This song showed off every flaw in Lee’s range and ability to sing on key. This bordered on painful at times. He has wowed me a few times this season, but this was a complete utter train wreck.
1. Michael Lynche/Casey James - Have You ever Really Loved a Woman - This was flat out awesome. This is actually the song Michael should have chosen as his solo song, his vocals were brilliant on this. Casey was darn good too, and his guitar playing was off the charts.
2. Crystal Bowersox/Lee Dewyze - Falling Slowly - Not as good as Mike/Casey, but still fantastic. If I was rating all 6 songs together, these duets would have been 2 and 3 behind Crystal’s “I’m Alright”. This song showed Lee’s talent and ALMOST cleansed the taste of the disasterous “Kiss From a Rose”, but as good as Lee was, the song really showed the clarity of Crystal’s vocals next to the roughness of Lee’s. She blew him out of the studio on the solo’s and bested him in the duet also.
SHOULD GO HOME - Based solely on this week - LEE - his solo performance was just flat out terrible.
WILL GO HOME - CASEY OR MIKE. Both have shown voting weakness, and as good as they were together, neither really took full advantage of Lee’s face plant. Still, were I Lee I would be worried.
Howdy! Missed you all tonite...had a church thingy we had to do. Anyhoo, just watched and I want to know....why did they pick these boring songs?? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I didn’t really, really like anybody. But, Casey and Mike sounded good in the duet. I have no clue who will go home. None. Might even be Crystal. DRAMA!
I watched that video - fantastic. The movie was Band Wagon, I think.
Call me crazy but I still see “The Ugly Girl” every time I look at Jamie Foxx’s face. I never “bought” him as a serious actor, though he did well as Ray Charles, and I do not “buy” him as R&B singer. So it’s fitting that you show him as Ugly Girl.
I forgot about the Egyptian video of MJ’s. Just went back and watched it. Loved the dance scene.
Sorry, I don’t get to come on the thread much anymore. I have to share the computer and the girls have been having much homework lately! (mean teachers...:) I noticed when they intro’d Foxx they didn’t talk about his career on SNL or was it In LIving Color?
I have no clue who will go home. None. Might even be Crystal. DRAMA!
LOL, well this is the week for shocking eliminations (sometimes). Last night was pretty bland. It's like none of them are trying to win, just trying not to lose.
I usually like Crystal’s performances, but I didn’t get anything out of “I’m Alright”. Brave choice though. At least she didn’t play it safe.
I noticed when they introd Foxx they didnt talk about his career on SNL or was it In LIving Color?
Living Color. Damon Wayans was on both shows--he was fired from SNL in the mid 80s (I think) because he said some four-letter words on live TV. That doesn't surprise me, lol
BTW...how's THIS for a way to end "24"..In the last hours of the current season, the CTU gets wind of a Muslim plot to blow-up the theater during the live broadcast of AI. Jack Bauer to the rescue..foils the plot..kills all the Muzzie terrorists LIVE on national TV....he is wounded..many of the show's co-stars..the good guys.. are killed during the mission...then, in the last shot, the fade away...Bauer says "I can't believe they all died to save Lady GaGa and Ellen DeGeneris.." I quit!!....
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk ;-) LOL I think I called this last fall during Auditions week ;-)
Paula Abdul Demands $3M from Simon Cowell
“The former American Idol judge reportedly told Simon Cowell shell join his new The X Factor show if the millionaire music mogul pays her $3 million in advance”
They might as well save us the next few weeks and just hand the contract to Crystal. No way she doesn’t win this thing. It isn’t even a contest and that fact alone is making it drag on for me.
I would prefer there to be some kind of anticipation and competition but there just really isn’t. It’s clear as CRYSTAL and frankly, I’m tired of her already.
Maybe it was only last January, but with this season sucking so bad, it SEEMED like it was last fall LOL
On the contrary, if the “LEAD Zepplin” AKA Mike does not leave tonight, I think the fix is already in and it is already determined that he will win (so he can feed his new baby as well as himself...you DID know he had a baaby didnt you? ;-)
I don’t blame Paula. After the way she was screwed over by Idol last summer, she’s right to ask for some money up front.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.