Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Constitutions Grandchild
Better find “him” a home BEFORE he goes through puberty. Afterwards, he can become dangerous.

Correct. You don't want him around when he goes into rut. By the same token, after being socialized to humans, he likely will not survive hunting season.

9 posted on 04/27/2010 12:57:11 PM PDT by Ditto
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

To: Ditto

Better find “him” a home BEFORE he goes through puberty. Afterwards, he can become dangerous.

Correct. You don’t want him around when he goes into rut. By the same token, after being socialized to humans, he likely will not survive hunting season.

Steer Deer?

11 posted on 04/27/2010 1:00:07 PM PDT by GraceG
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

An animal sanctuary might take him.

12 posted on 04/27/2010 1:04:11 PM PDT by fatnotlazy

Yeah. He probably won't survive in the wild anymore. The hardest part is training humans to think about what they're doing and then having the discipline not to do it. I grew up in the country when growing up in the country was safe (no meth labs a short piece down the gravel road). Our property was posted, but we never had an overrun. A ten point buck silhouetted in the setting sun is one of the most magnificent sights I've ever seen. My headlights caught his eyes as I came around a blind curve. I stopped, he just looked at me, then sauntered off the road. Nature, if enjoyed for what it is (and husbanded properly) is as good as it gets.
22 posted on 04/27/2010 1:40:14 PM PDT by Constitutions Grandchild

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson