Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Daffynition

Moving from Chi-Town to Ft Worth in a couple of weeks. This is one of the things I’ll miss the most. I’ve enjoyed these ever since I could remember. My Dad was in a wedding band and would bring them home late Saturday night and I would eat them cold for breakfast early Sunday morning.

Might have to pick up some of these “smells” to remind me of one of the good things about the area I’m leaving.

7 posted on 05/04/2010 6:28:11 AM PDT by uptoolate ("Unemployed? Depressed? Angry? Don't Beat Your Wife... Beat A Democrat..." VOTE)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

To: uptoolate
Find a Castle. And don't put ketchup on them. Yuck.
9 posted on 05/04/2010 6:31:19 AM PDT by 1rudeboy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

My late father was born and raised in Indiana, and one of his favorite things in the world was White Castles. When he picked up and moved to the South for his job (Florida, then Georgia), he didn’t miss the Midwest’s winters, but he sure as heck missed the White Castles...Krystals just didn’t fill the void for him.

I still try to stop by there when we are back within range of a W.C. There is nothing like that out here in Arkansas :(

13 posted on 05/04/2010 6:35:07 AM PDT by Hoosier Catholic Momma (Arkansas resident of Hoosier upbringing--Yankee with a southern twang)

You could suggest to WC another marketing coup ...WC in a can! It could be shipped anywhere and stored for when the SHTF! ;)

18 posted on 05/04/2010 6:38:19 AM PDT by Daffynition ( Someday we'll know why love can't move a mountain.)

My husband is from TX and he says Whataburger is the best anywhere.

34 posted on 05/04/2010 6:54:06 AM PDT by kalee (The offences we give, we write in the dust; Those we take, we engrave in marble. J Huett 1658)

Stop by Krystals - there is one in Ft Worth. Pretty much the same thing, but they put mustand on them....

54 posted on 05/04/2010 7:04:35 AM PDT by birddog (http://www.nohr669.com/)

Welcome to Texas. Try Whataburger as soon as you get here. There are also some great burger places in Fort Worth.

74 posted on 05/04/2010 7:19:17 AM PDT by centexan (Welcome back 1st Cav -great job!)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson