Skip to comments.NH teen who zapped nipples during shop class sues
Posted on 09/01/2010 7:23:18 AM PDT by fungoking
DOVER, N.H. A New Hampshire high school student shocked so severely in shop class that his heart stopped beating is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.
Kyle Dubois and his parents claim teacher Thomas Kelley did not warn Dubois and other students of the dangers of the electrical demonstration cords in their electrical trades class.
On March 11, Dubois attached an electrical clamp to one nipple while another student attached another clamp to the other. A third student plugged in the cord.
Dubois was critically injured.
The New Hampshire Union Leader says Dubois' suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage.
Kelley resigned from his teaching position about a month after the incident. He declined to comment on the lawsuit.
(Excerpt) Read more at chron.com ...
That was my first thought. Pre-existing condition.
You can’t fix stupid.
How many kids does it take to hook up a classmates nipples to a generator?
Did this kid’s parents teach him not to stick tweezers into an electrical outlet? If not, he should sue them too.
Your kids are morons, but it’s the teacher’s and school’s fault?
Fire bad! Arrrgggg.
The sad part is they’ll get a settlement. Probably $15,000+/-.
This was a high school student? OK. We are in such deep trouble.
Shucks;we missed another Darwin Awards candidate!
are they still sending problem pupils to shop classes.
I think this is genetic,one needs to examine the parents.
I think this is the very same method Obama uses when he needs to think up policy.
This is the end of electrical trades classes.
How did anyone that stupid ever make it to high school?
sounds like the classic “I’m a moron so I’m going to sue you for my stupidity” defense.... must be liberals....so that makes it ok then. /sarcasm
Everybody's passed along.
A fern could finish in the top half of the class.
You know guys, the kid has a point. The teacher clearly never said;
“Do NOT split the cord, attach alligator clips to the ends, and then clamp an alligator clip onto each nipple, and then plug it into the wall socket. The current right across your heart could be dangerous.”
We should have to give this warning now,, if it only saves ONE child, isn’t it worth it???!!! (and please please know i was being sarcastic!)
So...the teachers is supposed to stand up in front of class and warn teenagers about connecting their nipples to electrical components? Of course, he should then warn about every other appendage, ‘cuz da chillen R 2 dummm to figgur dat if it ain’t gud 4 nipelz, it ain’t gud for da eerz, or da nutz, or....
Then, he’d be sued for sexual harassment or some such thing.
Brain damage? Too bad it didn’t sterilize him. Hate to think of that level of stupid reproducing.
The punishment for bringing forth stupid frivolous lawsuits should be electrodes attached to nipples.
Did they glue them on? You would think he’d have screamed and pulled the electrodes off. When I was an overly inquisitive young lad tinkering out in the garage I was shocked by household current thousands of times and I certainly never suffered brain damage.
Yep, I contend that both the ‘victim’ AND his parents had pre-existing brain damage BEFORE this incident ever happened!!
Darwin nominees! How stupid can people be?? Attaching electrical things to his nipples?!?!
SHOCKED, I TELL YA, I’M JUST SHOCKED.
(Oh, hush, you’re just jealous because you didn’t say it first. ;-)
Wasn’t he in school to learn?
Did he learn his lesson?
I’d say the teacher should be given a bonus for a job well done.
Hmmm, I wonder if these kids have ever watched “Jackass”?
Wonder how that would have gone over if he hooked up his weiner dog to the generator. :-P (ouch!)
Stupid SHOULD hurt.
If I were the judge, I would call the parents to the bench, have them lean in close and then slap them for bring such a trivial case before me. Then I would slap them again for bringing an idiot into the world and dismiss the case with prejudice.
If I was his parent, I would drop the suit so the public wouldn’t know how stupid my kid was...just sayin’.
This was my first thought, as well. All for a little YouTube glory. What a lost generation!
LOL! I did that, only it was a fork and I was trying to hook a wire from the refrigerator for the ice maker. I thought I had disconnected the fridge.Wow! That was quite a shock!
All children’s nipples should have warning labels. Do not attach alligator clips here, severe shock could occur.
Never tell kids not to stick tweezers in an electrical outlet; you might give them ideas. Just make sure your circuit breakers work.
I base this advice on having stuck a bean up my nose after my brother had to have one removed from his by the doctor.
(Totally unprompted, one of mine did the tweezer thing and one dropped a penny across the prongs of a slightly pulled-out plug. Circuit breakers worked fine.)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.