Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Justice Department
"There’s no fool like an old fool"

"I guess this means you won’t invite me to your new apartment warming party?"

"Nap time?"

Evidently those are the best arguments you have. You make my point for me. Thanks.

Ed at www.anthraxinvestigation.com

19 posted on 09/19/2010 8:47:53 AM PDT by EdLake
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies ]

To: EdLake

The vial the FBI destroyed, or why there will always be a spore on a grassy knoll
Does this case hinge on the first samples Ivins gave to the FBI, of which one was sent to Dr. Paul Keim in Arizona? Why does that sample matter, if the flask the FBI later confiscated had the same strain and genetic variability?

Furthermore, if Keim’s sample is critical to the case, one must ask, “was Keim its sole custodian?” — i.e., was it definitely the sample Ivins provided? Is there a bulletproof chain of custody?

Why was the FBI’s sample destroyed, while an identical sample was considered adequate to be sent to Keim in Arizona? And if the sample was destroyed, as claimed, because it “would never stand up to scientific or legal scrutiny” then why was Keim’s (identical) sample used by FBI?

If, as stated, Ivins helped design the protocol for sample submission, it is bizarre that he would have submitted a sample improperly. Might someone have told him to submit it in a special way? Might he have been misdirected regarding sample submission, in an attempt to set him up as a potential suspect?

And why would Ivins send the FBI a first sample that would help to incriminate himself? And then change the sample to further incriminate himself? He had a security clearance, worked in a high-profile, specialized government biodefense lab, and could have lost his job and reputation if he submitted false samples for the investigation.

21 posted on 09/19/2010 9:01:15 AM PDT by Justice Department
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

To: EdLake

Nap time?

23 posted on 09/19/2010 9:09:29 AM PDT by Justice Department
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson