Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: wideminded
It seems so simple in 20/20 hindsight. But, can you imagine the processes it took to figure it out?

Someone had to read through GEB and realize that the image on page 404 was similar to the highlighted characters in the media letter. Then they'd have to realize that the condons described in the magazine article could be the code.

I hope some FBI agent writes a book some day about how they figured that out. How many people were trying to figure out why Ivins threw away one of his favorite books? How many other possible reasons could there have been?

Ed at www.anthraxinvestigation.com

35 posted on 09/19/2010 2:52:04 PM PDT by EdLake
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies ]

To: EdLake
It's sign-off time for me. I'll be back tomorrow morning.

There's some interesting stuff in what we discussed today.

Ed at www.anthraxinvestigation.com

36 posted on 09/19/2010 2:53:11 PM PDT by EdLake
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies ]

To: EdLake
It seems so simple in 20/20 hindsight. But, can you imagine the processes it took to figure it out?

Someone had to read through GEB and realize that the image on page 404 was similar to the highlighted characters in the media letter. Then they'd have to realize that the codons described in the magazine article could be the code.

They didn't need GEB. All they had to do is:

1. Notice the highlighted A's and T's.
2. Remember that A's and T's are used in the description of DNA sequences.
3. Construct the codons and translate to a protein sequence. (This would be a standard thing to do for anyone with the slightest background with DNA.)

I hope some FBI agent writes a book some day about how they figured that out.

If they had already noticed the highlighted A's and T's, it doesn't speak well of the FBI that they didn't think of a DNA connection, especially when all their suspects were biologists.

38 posted on 09/19/2010 3:58:31 PM PDT by wideminded
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson