Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: a fool in paradise
Sounds like they both have serious issues, but it also sounds like the guy may have been stupid enough to make a false report to the police about her threatening to do worse to him next time.

You can lie to each other. It is stupid and childish, but won't get you into any additional trouble with the police. Don't lie to the police to get your girl friend in more trouble. That can get you in real trouble.

7 posted on 11/11/2010 12:04:53 PM PST by untrained skeptic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: untrained skeptic

I can’t say (he said, she said scenario) if she did or didn’t threaten him with worse.

I will say that the charges in the original attack should have been filed to get them on record.

I know women who’ve been harassed by men (not even always anyone they dated) and such charges help in getting a restraining order should they become even more violent in action and threats.

The sex of the attacker and victim are not the point.

And yes, false reports carry a charge as well.

8 posted on 11/11/2010 12:09:25 PM PST by a fool in paradise (The establishment clause isn't just against my OWN government establishing state religion in America)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

To: untrained skeptic
Don't lie to the police to get your girl friend in more trouble. That can get you in real trouble.

Yeah. She'll probably scratch his eyes out.

10 posted on 11/11/2010 12:10:37 PM PST by UCANSEE2 (Lame and ill-informed post)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson