Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

They should mentor others about couponing.

Um...actually two of the people featured on that show have blogs where that is exactly what they do. I have already bookmarked them.

If this show is repeated then I highly recommend that you record it. I got into "extreme couponing" only about 18 months ago and it has changed almost everything for me...for the better. I NEVER pay for many things such as BO sticks, toothpaste (quality brands like Colgate & Crest), coffee, olive oil, cold medicines (which I am using now) and TONS of other stuff. With ObamaBucks losing their value due to inflation, learning extreme couponing is becoming a necessity to survive the recession.

The only real problem I have with the TV show was the massive amounts of stuff everybody purchased on their store trips. Yeah, it looks good for dramatic effect but I like to keep a LOW profile. I really don't like to draw attention to myself so I do multiple purchases in the under hundred buck range. Sometimes even that doesn't work like the time I went to the checkout and the store manager comes running out yelling that he won't permit me to buy anything because I get most of my stuff for free or close to it. The manager is an IDIOT because the coupons are later exchanged for cash but there is no fighting that ignorant mentality.

Extreme couponing allowed me to accomplished my Thanksgiving theme which was FREE. My entire Thanksgiving dinner for 7 was FREE. That included the 24 lb. turkey, beer, and all the trimmings. Even the gifts I got for my nephews and niece were FREE.

Finally the TV show focused on grocery stores but you actually get the best deals at Walgreens by working out scenarios with their register rewards. This week I bought 4 Red Baron deluxe pizzas for free as well as 2 gallons of Arizona ice tea, about a dozen tubes Colgate toothpaste, and a TON of other stuff for FREE. Making a couple more Walgreens runs today for a lot of other freebies.

So watch the show, check out HotCouponWorld.Com, and bookmark all the couponing blogs that you can and your food budget will plunge to near nothing.

1 posted on 12/31/2010 5:24:08 AM PST by PJ-Comix
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: dennisw; Clemenza

Avoid the Walgreens at corner of Wiles & State Rd 7. It is managed by a throwback redneck who thinks his main job is to keep customers from getting free products with coupons. I even showed him the printed Walgreens rules regarding coupons and he professed not to understand them.

2 posted on 12/31/2010 5:28:07 AM PST by PJ-Comix (The Coupon Whisperer)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: PJ-Comix

Might be good, in these times, to post links to those blogs so that others may learn also. Yes, I’ve already done a bit with coupons on a much, much smaller scale and it’s rather amazing, if done properly.

3 posted on 12/31/2010 5:28:46 AM PST by F15Eagle (1 John 5:4-5, 4:15, 5:13; John 3:17-18, 6:69, 11:25, 14:6, 20:31; Rom10:8-11; 1 Tim 2:5; Titus 3:4-5)

I notice convenience store owners are stripping the coupon inserts from the Sunday paper. They bundle them and sell them black market to other retailers who then doctor their receipts to claim the coupons as redeemed there.

So check your newspapers thoroughly before you buy.

4 posted on 12/31/2010 5:29:01 AM PST by P.O.E. (A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?)

I tend to cook from scratch because we don’t eat hydrogenated oils or MSG, and we avoid HFCS like the plague. Are there coupons for meat, milk, sugar, flour, oats, etc? I’ve looked in the Sunday papers, but all the coupons tend to be for processed or prepared foods.

8 posted on 12/31/2010 5:33:58 AM PST by goodwithagun (My gun has killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car.)

One woman filled her cart with more than $600 in merchandise and paid only $2.64 after coupons. A true American hero.

An impressive feat, but an American “hero”? Really? Granted, this woman is creative, determined and shrewd, but I’d never label her a her. Its a good thing only a small number of people can pull this off, or the economy would really be in the toilet.

12 posted on 12/31/2010 5:44:23 AM PST by rbg81 (When you see Obama, shout: "DO YOUR JOB!!")

bookmark. Love this stuff!

14 posted on 12/31/2010 5:49:04 AM PST by wombtotomb

There’s a family on my street who are experts at this. They got food, clothing, a house, car and even one of their kids with coupons.

22 posted on 12/31/2010 6:15:50 AM PST by Krankor (When I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in any way.)

My wife has a good couponing method that has saved us a ton of money in the grocery store and has helped us put together nearly a years supply of food. She’s so organized about it that it doesn’t hold up the checkout line either. On a good shopping trip we’ve paid pennies on the dollar for everything and most times the cashier has to call over a manager to approve everything because the savings were so drastic. She’s now trying to get even more organized by scanning the barcodes on the coupons with her android phone and trying to match them up with the reported sales at area stores and to also have a quick inventory of all her coupons. She wants me to find or to create an app for that (I’m just learning how to create apps with Google AppInventor.)

“Extreme” couponing can actually be kind of fun if you know what you’re doing and have a good system.

31 posted on 12/31/2010 6:31:39 AM PST by Spiff

My wife and I started watching the show and quickly grabbed the remote to DVR it for repeat watching to glean more ideas.

Do you have that list of couponing blog urls handy?

33 posted on 12/31/2010 6:35:32 AM PST by Spiff

To: DUMBGRUNT
Hey C, this should be right up your alley.

Check out #22.

Like you always say, "If its free, its for me".

35 posted on 12/31/2010 6:40:07 AM PST by mountn man (The pleasure you get from life, is equal to the attitude you put into it.)

BTTT

43 posted on 12/31/2010 7:08:54 AM PST by hattend (The meaning of the 2010 election was rebuke, reject, and repeal. - Sarah Palin)

If you want to hear a little background on the show, go to my favorite coupon blog, www.jillcataldo.com and see why she did not participate in this show. If you want to save big in a practical nutritious way, but not be extreme, read her words of wisdom.
I went to a free seminar talk she gave two years ago, have been running my spreadsheets of what I’ve spent, and have always saved at least 50% each month. I have fed lots of people, shared lots of food, and almost always have full pantries.

48 posted on 12/31/2010 7:18:39 AM PST by Ray'sBeth

To: Rammer

bookmark

52 posted on 12/31/2010 7:39:26 AM PST by Rammer

I love this site for supplements and natural body care products: vitacost.com The shipping is $4.99 regardless of your order, but we make up for that on just one item. For example, the natural sunblock we order is $5 cheaper at vitacost than it is at Walmart, the cheapest brick and mortar we’ve found. EmergenC is almost half-price, as is the organic real apple cider vinegar that my whole family loves.

53 posted on 12/31/2010 7:40:03 AM PST by goodwithagun (My gun has killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car.)

To: TheMom

For later.

56 posted on 12/31/2010 8:00:42 AM PST by TheMom (I wish mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood.)

To: madamemayhem

tag

62 posted on 12/31/2010 9:41:46 AM PST by madamemayhem (defeat is not getting knocked down, it is not getting back up.)

64 posted on 12/31/2010 9:54:15 AM PST by martin_fierro (NAPPY YEW HERE)

Ping ...

68 posted on 12/31/2010 12:46:10 PM PST by Theo (May Rome decrease and Christ increase.)

Please sir, can I have some more????

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/06/tlc-extreme-couponing-series/

93 posted on 01/06/2011 9:17:03 PM PST by Bush_Democrat ((Ex-Dem since 2001 *Folding@Home for the Gipper - Join the FReeper Folders*))

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson