Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Daffynition
I live in NC where there are very few snow removal devices owned by the state or cities and they've been using a salt brine solution on the roads here for the past few years.

Apparently it works pretty well as long as they get it on the roads before it starts snowing. If it rains before it snows it will wash off the brine so it's not good in that situation either. I've never heard it called "pickle juice" however.

5 posted on 01/31/2011 7:03:46 AM PST by mykdsmom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: mykdsmom

They did this as well in my area, mixed the brine with a molasses mixture...stuck to the road just fine

15 posted on 01/31/2011 7:22:34 AM PST by boxerblues
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

22 posted on 01/31/2011 8:14:12 AM PST by Daffynition ( Live EACH DAY as if it were your last, but EXPECT that there still may be a tomorrow.)

Salt brine solution

it works pretty well as long as they get it on the roads before it starts snowing.

They have been utilizing this salt brine solution for the past few years. Works great...and as an added benefit, the roads seem to 'dry' quickly without any residue slush/ice.

38 posted on 01/31/2011 10:14:12 AM PST by Stand Watch Listen (It's the 'Land of Opportunity'... NOT... the 'Land of Entitlements'!!!)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson