Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: PSYCHO-FREEP
What's stopping you from getting a new machine loaded with Win.7? You can get one that is over 10 times as powerful as your 8 year old clunker, for about $400.

It's not 8 year old, as stated, it's 3 years old. What's stopping me? I have plenty of rat holes to put money in, and I won't spend $400 on a new machine unless it's necessary. I just bought a new Win7 machine for my wife, as mentioned This machine never slows me down in what I am doing, so it is adequate as far as speed. I'll buy a new Win7 machine if necessary, but I'm not convinced yet that it's necessary. Thanks for the thought though.

41 posted on 02/25/2011 11:32:00 AM PST by webschooner (Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure - Robert LeFevre)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies ]

To: webschooner
Sorry, reading fast today, mostly skimming. I see that now.

I recently had my “8 year old clunker” hatch a Mother Board. It “blue-screened” twice and would suddenly shut down in the middle of a sentence.

Since I made the change, it's amazing all the new programs that are compatible and that open up. XP cannot run most of them these days. Compatibility mode really messes up the new 64bit format also.

43 posted on 02/25/2011 11:42:23 AM PST by PSYCHO-FREEP (Patriotic by Proxy! (Cause I'm a nutcase and it's someone Else's' fault!....))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson