Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: bgill

“Bar Room Bologna - You can do the same with vienna sausages or hard boiled eggs.”

I’ve been looking for Vienna sausage recipes. I don’t know how big a “ring” of bologna is. How much Vienna sausage should be used as a replacement for bologna in the recipe?

65 posted on 03/19/2011 9:31:09 PM PDT by pops88
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies ]

To: pops88
Pack the jar similar to loosely packed pickles. Not tightly because the sausages are too delicate and you don't want them smooshed. Same idea with hard boiled eggs - loose. You might only want to make enough for a quart jar to decide if you like them or not. You might only want to make about 2 cups brine and add 4 cans of drained and rinsed plain flavored (not bbq or whatever) viennas. Don't forget to drain them.

Hmm, I wonder if you could do the same with large cubed Spam? Serve them as hors d'oeuvres with cheese, olives and crackers?

Ha, have you ever heard of a cat who looooves green olives? Mine does but you have to remove the pimento and pre-chew it for her (disgusting). She also loves spaghetti sauce so maybe it is the acidity. Crazy cat.

67 posted on 03/20/2011 8:17:28 AM PDT by bgill (Kenyan Parliament - how could a man born in Kenya who is not even a native American become the POTUS)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 65 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson