Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Osage Orange
CBS and the golf establishment want Woods to be the story because Woods is, or was, one of the few athletes that transcended his sport. People who didn't follow golf followed Tiger Woods.

The same could be said of Ali and Michael Jordan.

28 posted on 04/10/2011 6:58:47 PM PDT by Richard Kimball (Proud member of the Keepers Of Odd Knowledge (KOOK))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies ]

To: Richard Kimball

“CBS and the golf establishment want Woods to be the story because Woods is, or was, one of the few athletes that transcended his sport. People who didn’t follow golf followed Tiger Woods. The same could be said of Ali and Michael Jordan. “

Spot on. I never cared about Basketball until Jordan came along and never, ever watched golf until Tiger came along.

I don’t watch either anymore except NCAA round ball.

42 posted on 04/10/2011 7:13:54 PM PDT by Rebelbase
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies ]

To: Richard Kimball
I understand their "wants"....

But, IMO the fact is..Woods wasn't the main story at all. But that's the MSM for you....

Pretty good Barack Hussein Obama analogy...there somewhere. Although B.H.O. talent was/is reading TOTUS..and sounding good. Whereas Woods..actually has a talent that is not fake, and worth something.

69 posted on 04/10/2011 8:05:17 PM PDT by Osage Orange (I knew what I was feeling, but what was I thinking!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson