Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

GUILTY: Ersland found guilty in pharmacy shooting trial
KFOR-TV ^ | May 26, 2011

Posted on 05/26/2011 3:05:28 PM PDT by FourPeas

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A jury has found Jerome Ersland guilty of first-degree murder after he shot and killed Antwan Parker who was attempting to rob Ersland's southside pharmacy. They are suggesting life...

(Excerpt) Read more at kfor.com ...

TOPICS: Local News
KEYWORDS: banglist; ersland
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-185 last
To: ScreamingFist
Yes I am guessing Dragnet, we can't see what is happening on the floor. And as you have pointed out, he MIGHT have had a weapon, as it turns out he did not.

Yep, and if so the robbery victim would likely have viewed any movements as a potential threat.

Hard to believe the robbery victim was found guilty when the main evidence against him was not even visible on the video.

151 posted on 05/26/2011 7:01:03 PM PDT by dragnet2 (Diversion and evasion are tools of deceit)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 149 | View Replies]

To: truth_seeker
you're right about a double standard.

For any of those that think this guy should get FIRST DEGREE MURDER... I'll ask this. Why aren't the cops in Arizona being charged with murder of a Marine whose house was assaulted by mistake, shot 60 times, and allowed to bleed out while they made up a scenario that he shot at them (found his gun on safety),...

The cops can now break into your house, murder you and you best not defend yourself or you'll die and/or get charged with murder.

As another angle to this where I grew up in San Antonio, if somebody was a witness to a felony by a gang banger, you better move cause you're DEAD if you try to testify or give eyewitness evidence to the police.

NO SNITCHES... that's why the little punk should have been killed and the runner should have met the same fate. Just because he was not a threat at the time, if this pharmacist had tried to testify against him or the runner, I'd bet he would have been threatened or worse.

A little maggot got killed, too bad.

I don't have to like the pharmacist but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing.... all except for the talking to the cops.

He should have done what the Home Depot did when the cops murdered that Navy guy in Vegas.... "lose the video". Gee , isnt' it funny how stuff like that happens when cops are pulling the trigger, but this clown actually kills a robber and is now facing prison, loss of his career and his life is now screwed. I feel sorry for the pharmacist.

152 posted on 05/26/2011 7:01:16 PM PDT by Dick Vomer (democrats are like flies, whatever they don't eat, they sh#t on.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 145 | View Replies]

To: TigersEye

LOL, the video and audio in post 12 is just fine, and it shows the pistol just as well, and the DA clearly describes the 380, too bad you are having computer problems.

You can clearly see the large pistol at 3:49, I am looking at it.

153 posted on 05/26/2011 7:13:27 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 150 | View Replies]

To: ansel12

One more childish reply from you is no surprise at this point.

154 posted on 05/26/2011 7:19:52 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 153 | View Replies]

By the way, for a guy that kept claiming that he had watched the video as I kept requesting you to, it sure took you a long time to come up with these fake audio/video claims.

155 posted on 05/26/2011 7:21:56 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 150 | View Replies]

Your childish lies are tiring.

156 posted on 05/26/2011 7:45:30 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 155 | View Replies]

To: Jeff Winston

>>And THAT, my friends, is about the bottom line. <<

The bottom line is “DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ARMED ROBBERIES IF YOU EXPECT TO BE WALKING TOMORROW.”

157 posted on 05/26/2011 7:56:40 PM PDT by B4Ranch (Allowing Islam into America is akin to injecting yourself with AIDS to prove how tolerant you are...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

I’m just glad that we could fill you in this Stolen Valor, fake war hero guy.

158 posted on 05/26/2011 8:24:12 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 156 | View Replies]

Another childish response? Is that all you have? Another non-sequitur straw man from the FR king of straw men? LOL

159 posted on 05/26/2011 9:07:31 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 158 | View Replies]

There was nothing childish about that, didn’t I make you aware that the man that you are so aggressively defending is a Stolen Valor, fake war hero, claiming fake war injuries?

160 posted on 05/26/2011 9:12:29 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 159 | View Replies]

No, you didn’t. I knew that a long time ago. It certainly is childish to throw that out since the subject was never discussed by me and since it is irrelevant to his guilt or innocence in this case. It doesn’t even rise to an adolescent level of discourse on your part.

161 posted on 05/26/2011 9:23:07 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 160 | View Replies]

It seems that you have discovered a new word, I know that after this thread you are better informed on the guy and the case than you have ever been, I hope it helps.

162 posted on 05/26/2011 9:50:25 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 161 | View Replies]

You’re getting completely delusional. You haven’t told me one thing I didn’t know before. You could have answered a simple question but you chose to make a little kid’s game of it and someone else finally answered it. You act like a petulant seven year old for no apparent reason.

163 posted on 05/26/2011 9:56:11 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 162 | View Replies]

This post revealed ignorance, I answered it, many times.

Emptying a clip from a revolver is quite a feat. Looks like Ersland isn’t the only liar here.

50 posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:10:54 PM by TigersEye

164 posted on 05/26/2011 10:04:45 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 163 | View Replies]

Liar, you never answered it. Grow up.

165 posted on 05/26/2011 10:14:13 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 164 | View Replies]

The five murder shots came from a Kel-Tec 380.

53 posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:17:04 PM by ansel12

166 posted on 05/26/2011 10:21:32 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 165 | View Replies]

Nice try. Here's the post where I asked you the question and you acted like you're acting now, a child.

So, you’re saying he used the Taurus Judge revolver first and shot Antwun in the head with that one then got the Kel-Tec 380?

76 posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:57:45 PM by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)

167 posted on 05/26/2011 10:30:23 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 166 | View Replies]

Because I had already answered in 53, then clarified a follow up question for you, and then threw up my hands in 76 and was trying to tell you that I am not your daddy here to keep answering the same basic questions over and over, GO WATCH THE VIDEO.

168 posted on 05/26/2011 10:36:08 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 167 | View Replies]

By the way you are proving my point that you were totally ignorant about this case before this thread, you did not even know the very first basics about the shooting that we had all known from the very beginning, like which pistol was used first and which one he fetched from the drawer after he came back inside.

169 posted on 05/26/2011 10:40:12 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 167 | View Replies]

You mean I didn’t remember them from years ago. If you weren’t like a two year old you would have simply given a simple answer to the question.

170 posted on 05/26/2011 10:45:36 PM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 169 | View Replies]

You didn’t remember even after I told you the answer in post 53 either, it zoomed right over your head. Even the video was over your head, the DA telling which gun was used second was over your head, nothing could penetrate your brain.

I think this is all over your head, I have wasted enough time on you.

171 posted on 05/26/2011 10:49:43 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 170 | View Replies]

Ersland left the Army in February 1989, well before the Gulf War, records show. His first assignment after joining the Air Force was the Altus Air Force Base hospital.” “Instead, Jerome Jay Ers-land spent the war in 1991 as the pharmacy chief at the military hospital at Altus Air Force Base in southwestern Oklahoma, records show.”

My wife was in charge of the pharmacy at Altus AFB from '87 until summer of '89. I read this and asked her tonight if she knew of a Jerome Ersland. She said that he replace her when she left Altus.

172 posted on 05/26/2011 11:23:31 PM PDT by BulletBobCo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]

To: BulletBobCo

The guy deserves his life in prison, he seems to be a through and through bad case.

173 posted on 05/26/2011 11:26:14 PM PDT by ansel12 ( JIM DEMINT "I believe [Palins] done more for the Republican Party than anyone since Ronald Reagan")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 172 | View Replies]

I have wasted enough time on you.

That's because you have the self control of a two year old.

174 posted on 05/27/2011 12:14:00 AM PDT by TigersEye (Who crashed the markets on 9/15/08 and why?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 171 | View Replies]

To: freekitty

Justice, in a court of law, by a properly selected jury.

175 posted on 05/27/2011 6:09:51 AM PDT by Don Carlos (Retired MSGT (USAF), and damn proud of it. I stood my watch.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: org.whodat

“Wrong, you do not have the right to switch guns and murder someone that is no longer a threat.”

An armed robber is a threat until he is dead.

Doesnt matter if this perp didnt have a gun on him and the other did....the store owner had no way reasable way of knowing that.

The murder charge should go against the other perps.

A head shot didnt kill the guy(high on drugs perhaps)...and he was out of rounds...in the middle of an armed robbery...

I’d have grabbed the other gun too and shot him dead...

Why do you think a cop carries a back up weapon?

176 posted on 05/27/2011 8:50:13 AM PDT by Crim (Palin / West '12)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: Crim

The guy on the floor had no weapon!!!!!

177 posted on 05/27/2011 8:58:15 AM PDT by org.whodat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 176 | View Replies]

To: org.whodat

Doesnt matter....I’ve seen the raw video....he ran in with the guy who was pointing a gun at store employees and puts a mask on...

He’s part of an armed robbery in progress...

The store owner had no way of knowing he didnt have a gun until after the fact.

I really dont care about who lied about what when...I’m judging this soley based upon the video evidence...

A perp is a threat until the perp is dead.

178 posted on 05/27/2011 9:50:53 AM PDT by Crim (Palin / West '12)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 177 | View Replies]

To: Crim
LOL, the jury and judge and prosecutor seem to differ as well as a lot of other people.
179 posted on 05/27/2011 9:55:27 AM PDT by org.whodat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 178 | View Replies]

To: Still Thinking

Malice aforethought only takes one second. If you shoot someone with the intention of killing them that counts. From the video it looks like the entire time after he re-entered the pharmacy his only intention was to kill the robber. That is more than enough time to establish malice aforethought.

180 posted on 05/27/2011 2:41:52 PM PDT by Mr. Blonde (You ever thought about being weird for a living?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

To: vetvetdoug

Whether or not he kept his mouth shot would not have changed anything. There was a videotape showing him commit murder. Hard to argue against that.

181 posted on 05/27/2011 4:43:42 PM PDT by jim_trent
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: rednek

One has the same right as one has always had in Oklahoma and the law is pretty firm on self-defense in Oklahoma. What is not supported in Oklahoma is cold-blooded murder.

Once you get a guy down and out, having shot him ... what you don’t do in Oklahoma, once your first gun is out of bullets, is walk over somewhere else, get another gun, then walk back to the guy on the ground and proceed to shoot five more bullets into him from the second gun you just got. It’s that second part that is not allowed in Oklahoma ... :-)

182 posted on 05/28/2011 9:16:54 PM PDT by Star Traveler (Remember to keep the Messiah of Israel in the One-World Government that we look forward to coming)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Ummm... the conviction of a cold-blooded murderer ...

If the pharmacist had stopped when the guy was shot and down and out, the pharmacist would have been okay.

But, walking back into the shop, going and getting a second gun (when the first one was out of bullets) and then walking back over to the guy (still on the ground) and then shooting him with five more bullets ... well ... it was that part that got him the murder conviction.

183 posted on 05/28/2011 9:20:01 PM PDT by Star Traveler (Remember to keep the Messiah of Israel in the One-World Government that we look forward to coming)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

In Oklahoma, when you get a concealed weapon permit (which is a good idea and it’s pretty much automatic), you have to go in for some training about what is allowed and not allowed. They’ll train you that this kind of thing (that the pharmacist did) is not allowed legally, and that you will be legally responsible for murder if you do it.

Obviously this guy must not have gone through this kind of training, I would say.

So, the overwhelming majority of us in Oklahoma do know the difference between self-defense and murder and we simply wouldn’t do what that pharmicist did - while we WOULD defend ourselves, without a doubt, just as the D.A. said was perfectly fine (in what the pharmacist did - if he had stopped at that point).

184 posted on 05/28/2011 9:29:13 PM PDT by Star Traveler (Remember to keep the Messiah of Israel in the One-World Government that we look forward to coming)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

To: Star Traveler

If he did go through the training; he was either absent that day or he wasn’t listening.

185 posted on 05/28/2011 10:11:48 PM PDT by freekitty (Give me back my conservative vote; then find me a real conservative to vote for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 184 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151-185 last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson