Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

America - the Right Way!! Staying Vigilant
here, there and across the globe | July 5, 2011 | Freepers of good heart everywhere

Posted on 07/05/2011 5:23:29 AM PDT by Jemian

Good morning! It is a new month and a new thread! I hope everyone had an enjoyable Fourth of July, celebrating the founding of these United States, a glorious experiment in world government.

The National March by Sousa, conducted by Bernstein

May God bless America again.

TOPICS: AMERICA - The Right Way!!; History; Humor; Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS: atrw; rip
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 351-378 next last
We had an enjoyable holiday ourselves. Our brother-from-Germany came by on Sunday and we had a wonderful time catching up with him. I've made advances in making my daughter's wedding veil and my own dress. Auburn has had some much needed rain and things are growing well.
1 posted on 07/05/2011 5:23:34 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: All; A Citizen Reporter; ABG(anybody but Gore); AFPhys; alwaysconservative; Angelwood; ...

Ping to the list! What is happening in your life?

2 posted on 07/05/2011 5:25:03 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: gulfcoast6

Toby, a special ping for you! Did you have a nice fourth on the Gulf? What trouble did Caleb get into this past weekend?

3 posted on 07/05/2011 6:02:32 AM PDT by Jemian

To: Jemian

Hello! Our Legislative Session ended on June 30,, only hours before a state government shut down. Two months of extra work prevented the shutdown, but turned my flower beds into a total mass of weeds. We may not recover from it totally this year.

I am leaving tomorrow for a 10 day Get Away with a h.s. friend. So looking forward to being a total vegetable. It is much needed.

I miss everyone and wish there were enough hours in the day to keep up like I used to do. Prayers and Hugs for those who need them.

4 posted on 07/05/2011 6:05:37 AM PDT by Iowa Granny (Clintion ruined a dress, but Obama ruined a Nation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Iowa Granny

You have been in my prayers during this legislative session. Bummer about the garden. I’m glad you have a get-away time. You’ve earned it. Enjoy, but you will be missed here.

5 posted on 07/05/2011 6:27:02 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Good morning.

6 posted on 07/05/2011 6:29:46 AM PDT by lysie

Great to hear from you IG, thanks for checking in. And thanks for all that you do. Hope you have a WONDERFUL time on your get-away and some rejuvenation.

Good morning everybody. Mr. Prairie says there were half dozen deer on the lot this morning, but I was snoozing and didn’t see them.

We will be doing a motel thing to attend a music festival this weekend with friends. Hopefully we won’t see Norman Bates.

7 posted on 07/05/2011 6:33:06 AM PDT by prairiebreeze

Great to hear from you IG, thanks for checking in. And thanks for all that you do. Hope you have a WONDERFUL time on your get-away and some rejuvenation.

Good morning everybody. Mr. Prairie says there were half dozen deer on the lot this morning, but I was snoozing and didn’t see them.

We will be doing a motel thing to attend a music festival this weekend with friends. Hopefully we won’t see Norman Bates.

8 posted on 07/05/2011 6:33:09 AM PDT by prairiebreeze

To: All

oops, sorry for the double post. FR burped.

9 posted on 07/05/2011 6:33:49 AM PDT by prairiebreeze
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: prairiebreeze; lysie

Good morning! Prairie, thanks for the fireworks graphic. I liked it so much, I brought it over here.

Good morning, lysie. I hope the boys are behaving themselves.

10 posted on 07/05/2011 6:36:56 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Hi Jemian. Yesterday, I sat in a folding chair on the deck under construction and the back legs slipped off of the decking, folded and I went over backwards off of the deck and onto the ground, head first. I was wearing a boonie hat and that prevented anything more than an abbrasion and lump on the head and I have sore neck muscles, but after resting for about a half an hour, I was able to continue work.

That was too close a call for my taste!

11 posted on 07/05/2011 6:48:02 AM PDT by Redleg Duke ("Madison, Wisconsin is 30 square miles surrounded by reality.", L. S. Dryfus)

GOOD MORNING!!!! oh the whoas of my left eye, so sensitive to light, shack like a closed in hole, wearing sunshades
ever when I have my shack all closed up, windows covered. With all the drips I am using it prehaps is getting a little better.

The former police career is showing, watching the murder case has caught my 100^ attention. it is not so much of what is going to happen to her but the police work that went into this case.I have worked many a murder, most I will admit were shoot and tell it kind of killings but murder it was. A human being is a funny animal, can be turned into a murderer at the drop of the hat. This case is nothing my rage over not being able to party, NOTHING would stand in her way to party, the child or anyghing else. She will be parties will only be in her mind soon. No, I do not want to see the death but life for her to sit in a prison to think about it.

Oh, the police work done in this case was excellent, att t’s crossed and I’s marked, in our life in police work it will be considered as a master peice of a investigation and many should be given praise for their work, this is all that the police profession is all about.

Gotta brag about Allie, a kid going thru life with head on straight, has her goals set, eyes on the getting there.

You have a wonderful day.
Toby

12 posted on 07/05/2011 8:54:22 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

The verdict is in and will be announced at 1415 EDT. I’m interested in your analysis when it is announced.

13 posted on 07/05/2011 10:54:05 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Well, I think she got off way too easy. She might not have killed that baby, but she knew the baby was dead and she knew where her little body was.

She lied to the police everytime they questioned her, she lied to her parents and, probably, everyone who ever asked her a question.

After the verdict was announced, they said that she could walk out of there free on Thursday. I can’t believe it. She “served her time” for the stupid things they found her guilty of while she was awaiting trial. Makes me sick.

14 posted on 07/05/2011 6:38:03 PM PDT by jtill (Preach the gospel always. If necessary, use words.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: jtill

I am incredulous over the verdict. That jury must not have heard the same trial that was broadcast to the rest of the country. Apparently NO ONE on the jury gave any credence to the prosecution’s arguments. ELEVEN LOUSY HOURS was all it took to let her off SCOTT FREE!!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

America has lost her soul.

Why should we be upset? It was just another late-term abortion. /s

15 posted on 07/05/2011 6:44:15 PM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Actually, mentioning late-term abortion reminded me of the
professor (I believe from Harvard) who has talked up his idea that there should be freedom for women to “abort” their child up to the age of 2. Maybe she just thought that that was reality!

American didn’t lose her soul, the idiots in Florida lost theirs and will never be able to recapture them.

16 posted on 07/05/2011 7:06:29 PM PDT by jtill (Preach the gospel always. If necessary, use words.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

The world done blowed up around here. Construction workers about a half-mile from here hit a gas line and it wiped out telecom, cable, and DSL to my neighborhood. It's just now back on (cable anyway, don't know about DSL yet).

Funny how the older neighbors look to me to find out what is going on... LOL! But they know I monitor the networks in and out of the neighborhood, and following the sirens and news helicopter gave me the rest of the story.

/johnny

17 posted on 07/05/2011 9:05:11 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)

Good morn Currently at a little getaway in Wesrern NY. celebrated n spent a few days with my uncle for his birthday in Silver Creek n now with The Mayor n his wife near Niagara celebrating their 25th anniversary. Getting used to using the iPad -which I like thus far

Aa bit removed from news which is okay I

Just dropping in to say hi

18 posted on 07/06/2011 12:28:07 AM PDT by DollyCali (Don't tell God how big your storm is... tell your storm how BIG your God is!)

Followed every second of the it. There are things one must prove in a crime, who, what, when, where, how, and why..this was never proven but all of us have a suspect and a strong suspect at that and we think we know why but it was not proven. Got to admit, it was a shocker but I thought it would turn out this way. In the long run she will pay, here or at her death. There is nothing worse to a policeman that to respond to a call and be faced with a childs death. We will find out today what her future is, one more year in jail or set free with time served.

WE need some rain bad, been having spurts of rain but we need a soaker, things are so dry.

I am seeing chicks, three chickns ‘done hatched’ 11 chicks, the older chickens have stopped laying but d want let me fix them for supper so got me a ‘old chicken’ home.

The boys are really growing and love coming to pawpaw’s house as I keep all kind of goodies here for them, candy, drinks, sweets I mean just what are pawpaws for anyhow.

Time for that last cup of coffee.
Toby

19 posted on 07/06/2011 5:16:11 AM PDT by gulfcoast6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Enjoy! I am amazed at the strange hypotheses being proposed now. There is one thread which asks, "shall we do away with the jury system?" Not only is the media indulging in hyperbole, they are indulging in excessive hyperbole. It's like asking should the electoral college be done away with because states like Wyoming and North Dakota refuse to let California and New York decide things for them. There will be a lot of law enforcement and legal classes which will use this case as an example.

20 posted on 07/06/2011 6:41:04 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

A case not well preparded, facts not there, all the i’s not dotted and t’s crossed. the facts just were not there.

Allie (gd) sure has her head on stright, she wants to go to college and then go into missions, somewhere out of the country. I tell her about you and your husband all the time. She is taking spanish and hopes to go somewhere down there for missions.
Toby

21 posted on 07/06/2011 10:58:35 AM PDT by gulfcoast6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

Oh, the picture of the cup of coffee made me get up and get this last of the last of coffee in the pot.
Toby

22 posted on 07/06/2011 11:02:26 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

That is so very disappointing. It all hinges on what is actually presented to the jury in court. The prosecutor just did not do his job at all.

Good for Allie. She is in my prayers as she prepares. It is good that she is learning spanish. She needs it here in this country ~ even if most of ‘em are illegals ~ as well as in South America.

I’m wondering if Anthony will walk tomorrow or if she’ll get some real jail time.

23 posted on 07/06/2011 11:11:54 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

This morning I listened to someone - I think filling in for Glenn Beck - give an interesting position on the facts of the case. He is an attorney who practiced for 10 years, then did something else (I don't remember what) and now is a talk show host.

He said that the police and the prosecuter had been outflanked by Casey. She knew that the longer she kept everyone from finding Kaylee, the less evidence they would be able to find. She lied to her parents, she lied to the police, she lied to everyone for 3 years. And, she was right, they found the little girls body, but there was no evidence - it had all deteroriated enough so that nothing could be proved.

24 posted on 07/06/2011 12:25:20 PM PDT by jtill (Preach the gospel always. If necessary, use words.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: jtill; Jemian
Good afternoon. I trust you both are well, and had a wonderful Independence day.

Hazy, hot and humid here (3H's). Typical FL weather.

I just wanted to weigh in on the Anthony trial real quick. My theory is that Casey put Caylee in the back seat of her car with a piece of duct tape on her mouth so she could go and do drugs, and have sex with her boyfriend at his apartment. Problem was that she forgot about the child. In Florida during the summer, with the windows rolled up, the child probably boiled to death.

Casey (doped up, forgets about the child), comes out after about 6 hours, finds the child dead, then tries to decide how to get rid of the body. After a few days, she decides to tell her father. George Anthony, being a former homicide cop, fixes everything (that's why the prosecution had no physical evidence). Imho, if the coroner had preformed a complete autopsy (to include the skull), they may have had a cause of death.

Imo, the jury had enough circumstantial evidence to convict Casey of manslaughter. No way was the prosecution going to get murder one (or felony murder).

And what's worst, is that Casey Anthony will probably cash in (book, movie, etc.).

Sound plausible to you?

That's my take on this whole terrible affair.

5.56mm

25 posted on 07/06/2011 1:00:42 PM PDT by M Kehoe
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: M Kehoe

Yes, that sounds quite plausible to me. I also suspect that she may have put chloroform on the duct tape to help little Caylee stay quiet and either used too much and/or left her in the car to bake to death.

26 posted on 07/06/2011 1:39:08 PM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: jtill

Very plausible. I do not supose that we will ever know the full details of this case. I’m thankful that there is a Judge who judges all the thoughts and intentions of man from whom there is no escape or hiding.

27 posted on 07/06/2011 1:42:48 PM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Good morning!

28 posted on 07/07/2011 6:09:06 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

To: Jemian; All
“Fast and Furious” Blows Sky-High

FoxNews has reported on this, I doubt the other media has though.

Good morning everybody. We will be attending a music festival this weekend so won't be posting much.

Which means another break from Zeroman and the news, which is I am appreciating more and more all the time.

Have a good (early) weekend everybody.

29 posted on 07/07/2011 6:46:07 AM PDT by prairiebreeze
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

You must have read my mind, had this for breakfast with umteen cups of coffee.

The court has spoken, she walks but tell me, where. oh where is her heart and soul, how will her life go from here on out, she can only find forgiveness from one sourse but will she seek it? Will the dollar bill become her focus?
I have seen folks who have killed completly turn there life over to God and I have seen them go the other way, only time will tell.
Toby

30 posted on 07/07/2011 10:48:48 AM PDT by gulfcoast6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

Good morning! Texas doing the job that Mexico won't do. It was suggested on another thread that since we put to death one of their finer citizens, Mexico should retaliate by banning all travel to our country. I agree.

31 posted on 07/08/2011 5:10:03 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: Two Thirds Vote Aye; Guenevere; Reaganomics

I’m thinking of y’all today. Thank you and your families for your contribution to our space program. May God have mercy on America.

32 posted on 07/08/2011 6:25:58 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

Thank-you....My husband, Lord willing, is soon to retire, after 36 years....and he has had a part in this breathtaking adventure of space flight.

The launch was beautiful.....for the few seconds we could see it....then it disappeared into the clouds.

We drove through Titusville, Fla last Sunday....what a ghost town it has become..

....in its heyday it was jumpin'..

...many many without jobs now ....folks who had some connection to KSC....plus, of course, restaurants, hotels, businesses in general.....

..an era has come to an end....thanks to Obama.

33 posted on 07/08/2011 8:59:08 AM PDT by Guenevere (....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: Guenevere

My brother-in-law is retiring early because of Caligula. It is very, very sad. I am so proud of your husband and the men like him.

34 posted on 07/08/2011 9:03:14 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

GOOD MORNING FROM THE MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST, USA!!! Partly cloudy and HOT!

It is all over but the shouting with the Anthony case. can do nothing now but pray for the soul of that girl and trust God will step in and enter into her life, life id cruel, mean. deadly but then again it is sweet, happy and glad and we c an only pray that her future is one with God in her heart and soul.

Allie surprised me this morning by coming over to my shack, cleaned it top to bottom and changed my bed, this kid is the sunshine of my heart, has her head on st right, goals in life and now she has a vehicle to get there. I keep telling TRacy there is not way ia am going to take what money I have with me so use it, just feed me and use it.

Two roosters are under my shack fighting, would like they might come through any minute now, fighting from one ene to the other of the shack. must be a favorite fighting place for them as they do it all the time.

All have a good and safe day/
Toby

35 posted on 07/08/2011 9:35:00 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

Betcha the last word he daid was ‘bye’
Toby

36 posted on 07/08/2011 9:37:24 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

My favorite coffee cup came from a service station I use to stop in at Memphis when traveling to my office in Ky. It is stained, d says ‘grummy looking’ but I still use it.
Toby

37 posted on 07/08/2011 9:50:46 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

Actually, his last two words were "¡viva Mexico!
38 posted on 07/08/2011 10:57:26 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

LOL! Blessings on Allie. She sets a good example for the boys. I know you’re proud of her. I pray she continues on this path all through college and in the future. I look forward to meeting her some day.

39 posted on 07/08/2011 10:59:57 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

Stars and Stripes Forever by Sam the Eagle and the Muppets
40 posted on 07/08/2011 4:30:40 PM PDT by Jemian

Good Saturday morning to everyone! Toby, we’ve had good rains all week. The downside, mosquitoes are proliferating.

41 posted on 07/09/2011 5:10:58 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

GOOD MORNING! Nary a cloud in the sky, no breeze, starting off hot as all get out.

Not much going on here, just had some goodies for b’fast at the big house and being I am on ANOTHER diet, refrained from eating, passed up pancakes. I am seeking to loosing 40 pounds.
Toby

42 posted on 07/09/2011 7:15:06 AM PDT by gulfcoast6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

Good luck on that diet. I’m having minimal success with mine, but I’m sticking to it, too. I have a least 40lbs to lose and I’ll do it or die in the attempt.

It is clouding up here and is supposed to rain today and tomorrow. Good!

43 posted on 07/09/2011 7:59:29 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Jemian; Guenevere; Reaganomics
It was a VERY emotional day yesterday as I watched several hours on my computer at work, distracting me from my work, but it was very important to watch this, praying for these brave astronauts, reading their profiles on Spaceflightnow.com, watching all the activities with the close out crew, watching the post launch news conference, praying for America and vowing to do everything in my power to promote America's continuation for human space exploration.

Thank you, Jem, for your thoughts for us.

44 posted on 07/09/2011 7:01:49 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: Two Thirds Vote Aye

I can well imagine that feelings ran high all over your work yesterday. Are you planning a trip into the desert soon or perhaps fishing?

God bless the USA.

(on an unrelated note: I hate computers)

45 posted on 07/09/2011 7:06:02 PM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

To: Jemian; Two Thirds Vote Aye; gulfcoast6; lysie; All

Thanks Jemian for your kindness and the ping!
Toby it is soooo good to hear your voice.
Two Thirds....we share your sadness and hope for the future.
lysie, dear friends....We press on!

* Toby, I can’t stop thinking about that little girl either, but we know she is with the Lord....and woe to those on this earth who would hurt a little child.
With your years of law enforcement, I bet you have special appreciation for those detectives, the judge and the state attorney who did their job very well, regardless of the outcome.

46 posted on 07/10/2011 5:22:18 AM PDT by Guenevere (....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

Good morning! Have a blessed Sunday!

47 posted on 07/10/2011 5:51:33 AM PDT by Jemian
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

GOOD MORINING!!! The police did a great job with what they had, they just failed to prove what, when, where and why, we THINK we know but really don’t.

Allie is going to a church camp this week bout 150 miles north of us, will miss here this coming week.

Being that our services start at 1030 this morning I had better start my routine to get ready.
Toby

48 posted on 07/10/2011 6:35:11 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

HOT already here today, nary a breeze in the air, time to start getting ready for church.
Toby

49 posted on 07/10/2011 6:37:28 AM PDT by gulfcoast6

It was what is known as the "off Friday" where most are off, but I work them because it my most favorite day to work because there are never meetings and interruptions and I can really concentrate on my tasks. They all work 80 hours in 90 days so they have every Friday off. I work a straight 80 hours in 10 days. It was wonderful to not have any interruptions so I could concentrate on the mission in between work tasks.

The next trip I plan is to Kansas to see parents at the end of the month and then on August 3, I leave for the Cape to watch the launch of JUNO which happens on August 5 around noon EDT. Then a trip to the desert sometime later.

50 posted on 07/10/2011 3:08:35 PM PDT by Two Thirds Vote Aye (I was saying 'I hope he fails' before Rush was.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 351-378 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson