Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Gallup Pools: Obama's Weekly Job Approval (See also a Demographic Breakdown, below comment)
Gallup, Inc. ^ | 08/01/2011 | Gallup, Inc.

Posted on 08/03/2011 4:19:12 PM PDT by trekdown

(Excerpt) Read more at gallup.com ...

TOPICS: History; Religion; Society
KEYWORDS: gallup; obama; obamadepression; obamarecession; poll
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-78 next last

1 posted on 08/03/2011 4:19:16 PM PDT by trekdown
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: trekdown

Are the breakdowns the percentage of respondents for the approval/disapproval numbers or a break down of ‘approve’ by demographic category?

2 posted on 08/03/2011 4:24:38 PM PDT by mnehring
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Those are some sweet numbers - his disapproval rating is tracking with his age.

3 posted on 08/03/2011 4:24:57 PM PDT by keat

why would a “republican” approve of obama?

my wife says the results are inflated because of the

bradley effect—some people are afraid to admit that

they do not approve of a black president.

4 posted on 08/03/2011 4:26:34 PM PDT by ken21 (ruling class dem + rino progressives -- destroying america for 150 years.)

To: mnehring

Seeing 83% for blacks indicates it is an approval number.

5 posted on 08/03/2011 4:27:06 PM PDT by doorgunner69
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Things are so bleak in this economy that Gallop is putting in pools now to make a buck!

6 posted on 08/03/2011 4:27:22 PM PDT by aMorePerfectUnion (This message carfully checkd to misteakes by powerful softwhere)

The higher approval numbers belong to the blacks, the young and the non-Christian. Can we extrapolate from those three numbers and segments that the approval for Obama comes from young, black Muslims?

7 posted on 08/03/2011 4:28:10 PM PDT by RitaOK (TEXAS. Exhibit A. Perry/ Rubio '12 for the win.)

To: keat
Those are some sweet numbers - his disapproval rating is tracking with his age.

His approval rating is tracking with his IQ.

8 posted on 08/03/2011 4:28:37 PM PDT by Recovering_Democrat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Still a majority of people between the ages of 18-29 approve of Obama’s performance (52%). Unbelieveable. That's frightening and this group surely deserves its reputation as “the dumbest generation”.
9 posted on 08/03/2011 4:29:43 PM PDT by truthguy (Good intentions are not enough.)

To: truthguy
Still a majority of people between the ages of 18-29 approve of Obama’s performance

Good thing they don't vote.

10 posted on 08/03/2011 4:37:21 PM PDT by keat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Would not Black and Hispanic fall under Nonwhite, like Asians, Indians, etc.?

11 posted on 08/03/2011 4:46:05 PM PDT by cranked

Boop Their Tiny Tootsies!
Before You Pass Out From Acute Cute
Support Free Republic

Give once,
Donate monthly

Or sponsor New Monthly Donors
For a one-time contribution of just $10 each
FReepmail TheOldLady to be a sponsor

12 posted on 08/03/2011 5:18:44 PM PDT by TheOldLady (FReepmail me to get ON or OFF the ZOT LIGHTNING ping list.)

Yeah, considering how more boomers voted for him, I don’t see how the pot can call the kettle black.

13 posted on 08/03/2011 5:51:12 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)

To: ken21

14 posted on 08/03/2011 5:51:41 PM PDT by God luvs America (63.5million pay no federal income tax then vote demoKrat)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: BenKenobi
"Yeah, considering how more boomers voted for him, I don’t see how the pot can call the kettle black."

Are you inferring a greater percentage of Boomers voted for him than 18-29 year olds?

15 posted on 08/03/2011 5:57:14 PM PDT by SnuffaBolshevik ("The trouble with internet quotations is that you don't know if they are true"-Abraham Lincoln.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

The answer for Obama is what worked for Clinton when he was down to 40%. Time for the Donald! He’s doing to do it, too.

16 posted on 08/03/2011 6:04:54 PM PDT by SaraJohnson

To: SnuffaBolshevik

“more boomers voted for him”

No, I meant exactly what I said. When you count the ballots more boomers voted for Obama.

17 posted on 08/03/2011 6:47:00 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: SnuffaBolshevik

more boomers cast a ballot for obama. Where did I say anything about percentages.

18 posted on 08/03/2011 6:55:09 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

The top 2 rows are the numbers of percentage of respondents for the approval/disapproval. According to my understanding, below them is a break down of ‘approve’ by demographic category.

19 posted on 08/03/2011 6:59:59 PM PDT by trekdown

There are significantly more dems that disapprove their Leader’s job than “republican” who approve.

20 posted on 08/03/2011 7:00:08 PM PDT by trekdown
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

well ok,

but my point goes unanswered—

why would 12 % of “republicans” approve of comrade obama?

should we call this 12% “republicans”?

21 posted on 08/03/2011 7:09:01 PM PDT by ken21 (ruling class dem + rino progressives -- destroying america for 150 years.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: truthguy; BenKenobi; SnuffaBolshevik

66% of the 18-29 year old vote went for Obama, what a crowd, they have fewer conservatives than any other age group.

Sorry, I said something silly there, it doesn’t matter how many are in their age group, it is what percentage of them are lefties, and for the young people they are 66% lefty.

What a crowd huh?

22 posted on 08/03/2011 7:15:43 PM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)

1. First of all this is one of the remarkable results of political success of The United States Department of Education that was created by President Jimmy Carter on October 17.

For an average American it takes now about 10 years to clean his / her mind from the left coolaid, because almost all of them are intoxicated ...

2. See the difference between married / unmarried ...

23 posted on 08/03/2011 8:13:07 PM PDT by trekdown

See also:
24 posted on 08/03/2011 8:13:24 PM PDT by trekdown

To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; ColdOne; Convert from ECUSA; ...

I’ve seen better gallup from Mister Ed. This poll is obviously comin’ out Mister Ed’s back end. Thanks trekdown.

25 posted on 08/03/2011 8:33:52 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)

Some people prefer to call them RINO, but it does not matter. The really important question is ... can we help them to change their minds.

26 posted on 08/03/2011 8:36:56 PM PDT by trekdown
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: cranked

It seems to me that we have a reason to think so ...

27 posted on 08/03/2011 9:32:12 PM PDT by trekdown
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: ansel12

“it doesn’t matter how many are in their age group”

Uh, yeah, it does. Can’t get elected without the votes.

28 posted on 08/04/2011 3:40:56 AM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

Uh, it depends on what you are describing, left wing little fag people that are almost all Obama leftists, or a group that isn’t.

29 posted on 08/04/2011 3:44:17 AM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

If 99 percent voted for Obama, and they amounted to 10 percent of the total votes, they are for all intents and purposes irrelevant.

However, if 30 percent of the total voters vote 50 percent in his favour, that means that they amounted to 15 percent.

So the boomers contributed more to his election then the young folks.

Also the ‘stupid generation’, has the largest drop away from Obama, and are just a couple points away from crossing over.

That will leave just the black folks.

30 posted on 08/04/2011 3:48:15 AM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Do you want to know about people? Generational trends? Voting and strategies?, The future? Politics?

How would you analyze the female vote, purely on their percentage of the population? Are you expert at this? Is this your expert contribution?

31 posted on 08/04/2011 3:58:51 AM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

The other factor, is *where* the vote takes place, which is far more important than anything else.

Age categories are mostly meaningless because the US doesn’t vote that way. Only about 10 percent of any seats are in play in any given election season, and 10 percent of the electoral college will swing one way or the other.

What does Barry O bring to the table? Look at the outliers from the previous elections.

Colorado: Weld, Douglas, El Paso, Arapahoe, Adams

Nevada: Washoe, Clark

Indiana: Delaware, Madison, Hamilton, and Elkhart.

Florida: Osceola

North Carolina: Mecklemburg, Cumberland

Virginia: Chesterfield, Chesapeake, Henrico, Loudon and Prince William.

Ohio: Hamilton, Franklin, Lucas.

Obama’s entire victory revolved around less than 25 counties.

32 posted on 08/04/2011 7:16:25 AM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: trekdown; mnehring; LucyT; SunkenCiv; Clintonfatigued; Impy; InterceptPoint; Liz; LottieDah; ...
If you want to use this poll to project an upcoming election, Obama would probably do even worse than these poll numbers indicate.

That's because the poll respondents were not selected out for likely voters, or even registered voters, or even American citizens, but included any adult who could answer a telephone. This methodology is likely to inflate Obama's approval rating beyond the real number.

33 posted on 08/04/2011 7:43:03 AM PDT by justiceseeker93

Osceola - 47.2 white, 34.4 hispanic, 10 black
Hamilton - 72.9 white, 23.43 black
Franklin - 75.4 white, 17.89 black
Lucas - 77.5 white, 16.98 black
Mecklenburg - 64 white, 27.9 black
Cumberland - 51 white, 36.7 black
Chesterfield - 65 white, 32 black
Chesapeake - 62 white, 30 black
Henrico - 69 white, 25 black
Prince William - 60 white, 21 black, 20 Hispanic
Loudon - 83 white, 7 black,
Clark - 60 white, 9 black, 22 hispanic
Washoe - 80 white
Delaware - 90 white
Madison - 90 white
Hamilton - 94 white
Elkhart - 86 white
Arapahoe - 79 white 11 percent hispanic
El Paso - 81 white 11 percent hispanic
Adams - 50 white 28 percent hispanic
Weld - 54 white 27 percent hispanic
Douglas - 92 white

I’d say Madison, Hamilton, Elkhard, El Paso, Arapahoe, Douglas, Delaware, Washoe, Loudon, Franklin, and Lucas counties, the major party switch was for boomer whites. So about half of Obama’s switch appeal came from boomer whites, and the rest from blacks and hispanics.

34 posted on 08/04/2011 7:47:30 AM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: keat

Note that as we age and (hopefully) mature, the approval goes down? Let’s bring back the 21 year old voting requirement .. or better yet, 35.

35 posted on 08/04/2011 12:22:16 PM PDT by EDINVA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: EDINVA

The young being leftists is new, it started in 1992, and the current young are hard left, voting 66% Obama.

36 posted on 08/04/2011 2:17:41 PM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

The “stupid generation” loves Obama, 66% means that he owns that generation.

The left owns young America, and it will never return to the way it used to be before 1992 when youth were pretty anti-Democrat, you will soon enter a future controlled by your peers, when they gain control things won’t be pretty.

37 posted on 08/04/2011 2:30:19 PM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

My ‘peers’ are the ones going to church getting married, staying married, having babies and working their hides off.

Some of us are having to help out with kids that aren’t ours to make sure that they have a future. No help from the supposed dads.

Then the rest of us are the ones signing up for the army and fighting overseas for a war we did not start that’s being going on since we came of age. But do you here us complaining? No. We aren’t going to lose. That’s the difference between us and you, in that we take pride in succeeding despite getting stabbed in the back by others.

We aren’t going to have a Vietnam, because we are going to win.

38 posted on 08/04/2011 2:36:53 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

Of course you will win in war, you have boomers leading you and serving over you.

Almost nine and a half million boomers have served, or are serving in the military, war, they know, you are in good hands, you will not be fighting a war where you win every major battle and your leaders continually tie your hands and then cut off funding.

Your peers may not serve in large numbers which is to be expected given their politics, but your females will pick up the slack, and top leadership will make it work.

39 posted on 08/04/2011 2:47:48 PM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

“you have boomers leading you and serving over you.”

Boomers that are backstabbing us every step of the way. Like starting a pissant war with Libya just because. You’re not going to see us bail out, like you guys did back in ‘75.

And of course our numbers are lower, because they had to draft your asses, at least those of you who didn’t flee to Canada.

40 posted on 08/04/2011 2:52:07 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

“The young being leftists is new ...”

I would beg to differ. The young of the 60s/70s were generally lefties; there was a brief respite wrought by Reagan, then back to form with Clinton. Unfortunately, the lefties of the 60’s/70’s are now called the Administration.

41 posted on 08/04/2011 2:53:30 PM PDT by EDINVA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

Boomers never withdrew from Vietnam, the nation’s leadership did, and Vietnam was a war fought mostly by volunteers, not draftees like WWII and other major wars were up to that time, relatively few of the 9.4 million boomers veterans are draftees.

If you are whining and complaining this much now, what will you do if we get into a war where we lose tens of thousands in combat, what will you do at a peacetime tempo that kills thousands in training every year?

When you were in the military was it losing thousands dead every year just in training?

42 posted on 08/04/2011 3:06:11 PM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: EDINVA
The young of the 60s/70s were generally lefties

Then why were they voting Republican? The only time the Democrats the youth vote in their time, was after Watergate, when Carter won 51%

Nixon won 52% of the 18 to 29 year old vote in 1972.

In 1968 the Democrats won 47% of the (21) to 29 year old vote, in 1972, they won 46% of the 18 to 29 age group, in 1976, after Watergate, and with the weak, moderate (and under suspicion) Ford, against what appeared to be a social conservative Democrat with a strong military back ground, the Democrats picked up 51% of the 18 to 29 year old vote.

In 1980 Democrats got 44% of that age group, 1984-40%, 1988-47%.

It wasn't until 1992 that the under 30 age group (without boomers) became a Democrat voter group, George W. did get 46% and 45% though.

The 66% that Obama won, is unprecedented and doesn't bode well for the future.

43 posted on 08/04/2011 3:11:47 PM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

“When you were in the military was it losing thousands dead every year just in training?”

Military won’t take me I’m disabled so I have no choice in the matter.

As for me, that’s no excuse. You do the job you’re assigned, you do what it takes to win. Did the folks in WWII just up and quit?

No. And we won’t. We’ve already won one war against Iraq, and we’ll win these next two. We’ve never had a day of peace since we’ve come of age. Not one. I was 19 when the tower was hit. We’ve fought for 11 years since, with no end in sight. When my father was 20, the war was over and they had 20 years of peace until desert storm.

That’s the Boomer legacy. Even the oldest boomer was out of Vietnam by the age that I am today.

You want to talk about shared sacrifice, let’s talk about shared sacrifice. But it’s the young men and women that are out there putting their lives on the line to make sure that another 3k civilians do not die again in the tower.

Where were the Boomers when they were in charge in 2001? Why did they not protect the country? Why were you all asleep at the switch?

You had 8 years of Clinton, and when they were done, the tower was hit.

44 posted on 08/04/2011 3:13:14 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

The trend is our friend.

45 posted on 08/04/2011 3:15:13 PM PDT by Ted Grant

“Then why were they voting Republican? The only time the Democrats the youth vote in their time, was after Watergate, when Carter won 51%”

So you voted for Carter, and you voted for Bubba Clinton. Great legacy. Then you had the worst disaster when you destroyed Nixon.

The only redeeming thing that the Boomers did was vote in Reagan in ‘84, after it became clear that he was going to win without you.

You saw the numbers. 52 percent in favour of Obama. That’s a drop of 14 percent. And yet, we’re the stupid generation? He’s still got 44 percent from the boomers, a drop of only 4 percent from the 48 he got in the election.

So it’s pretty clear that the young folks are getting it and are fixing the situation a hell of a lot quicker than the boomers.

If the boomers can just stay out of it for once, we can win this darn thing in 2012. Hopefully, they won’t all swing again and backstab us all.

46 posted on 08/04/2011 3:17:57 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

Son...if bullshitte was music you would be a one man brass band as the old saying goes....simple question....who elected the impostor in the White House.......It was not the so called “boomers” it was the brain dead youngsters....which you appear to be one of their spokesman.

47 posted on 08/04/2011 3:32:52 PM PDT by RVN Airplane Driver
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

To: RVN Airplane Driver

It’s simple math.

Which is greater?

.66 of .10 or .5 of 0.33?

48 posted on 08/04/2011 3:34:16 PM PDT by BenKenobi (Honkeys for Herman!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

This is nutty, you think that the serving military youth “just up and quit” and made the decision to sign a treaty with north Vietnam and end the war? Do you know that the military is under control of the civilian government? Do you know how the war ended?

You never served but you want to attack nine and a half million veterans and current military serving in Iraq and Afghanistan?

You seem to be the whiniest baby around, and very anti-military unless they are a particular age.

49 posted on 08/04/2011 3:34:42 PM PDT by ansel12 ( Bristol Palin's book "Not Afraid Of Life: My Journey So Far" became a New York Times, best seller.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

Lay down the weed and speak.....

50 posted on 08/04/2011 3:37:21 PM PDT by RVN Airplane Driver
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-78 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson