Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

A cancer CURE fought tooth and nail by the FDA
Burzynski research institute ^

Posted on 11/06/2011 7:04:58 AM PST by Hayeksright

First time posting. Wanted to inform and start a discussion on the FDA and National Cancer Institute's motivations for FIGHTING a proven cancer cure...

TOPICS: Health/Medicine; Science
KEYWORDS: burzynski; cancer; con; fake; fda; nci; propaganda; suckerborneverymin
Hello fellow Freepers. I've lurked on FR for years and have always been amazed at the great humor, insight, knowledge, and discussions here. This is my first post and i hope its appropriate.

We have several friends going through radiation and chemotherapy thretments after losing a beloved aunt two years ago from the same problem. I was clicking through netflix's movie offerings on our wii and ran across an immediate blood pressure inducer - a documentary about the fda, national cancer institute, David Kessler, and a cast of thousands that have worked for fourteen years to prevent Dr. Burzynski from up-ending the trillions of dollars invested in cancer research and treatment regimens. If you have friends or family suffering or want to see a beautiful documentary that lays out how our federal government is using us as Soylent Green for the medical establishment, please, please see this documentary. I am not affiliated with it in any way but after seeing it, I felt compeled to post here in addition to getting the information to my friends and family.

Hayek is right.

1 posted on 11/06/2011 7:05:04 AM PST by Hayeksright
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Hayeksright
Hayek IS right:

improve your health

2 posted on 11/06/2011 7:11:44 AM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Paladin2
I agree:
3 posted on 11/06/2011 7:21:17 AM PST by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

I haven’t watched the movie, I am sure that there is no bias. Yes, that is a bit of sarcasm.

I went to his site, it looks like he is complaining about the cost of completing the Phase III trials. I can’t blame him, the Feds have made it entirely too expensive to bring a new drug to market.

4 posted on 11/06/2011 7:24:44 AM PST by dangerdoc (see post #6)

To: EEGator

I feel better already.

5 posted on 11/06/2011 7:28:43 AM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Hayeksright; decimon

Pinging decimon for health related thread! (Some might find the pics of early posters an added plus!)

Good first post, Hayeksright! Welcome to the new level of FReepdom beyond lurking!

6 posted on 11/06/2011 7:29:12 AM PST by TEXOKIE (The Tea Party outnumbers the Flea Party!)

For an overview of the treatment, see:

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/PharmacologicalandBiologicalTreatment/antineoplaston-therapy?sitearea=ETO

This is very old “news” and the efficacy of the treatment is highly dubious.

7 posted on 11/06/2011 7:30:21 AM PST by buridan

To: dangerdoc

Watch the movie before posting. Otherwise, you sound ignorant.

8 posted on 11/06/2011 7:31:31 AM PST by AlmaKing
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I have watched it, and it is compelling.

It’s free on Netflix streaming by the way.

9 posted on 11/06/2011 7:32:13 AM PST by AlmaKing

To: buridan

Watch the movie first, then post.

The link you post is from a group that is very biased against him.

10 posted on 11/06/2011 7:35:23 AM PST by AlmaKing
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

I thought about posting this, and then I realized I’d get a lot of quacks complaining who hadn’t watched the movie. So, I guess you’ll take the heat instead.

If cancer treatments don’t come from government funded or drug company funded research, then they get labeled ‘alternative’ intentionally to demonize them. It’s surprising that Freepers respond in defense of the system set up to prohibit this doctor’s research when they claim they are freedom loving and small government folks.

11 posted on 11/06/2011 7:41:15 AM PST by AlmaKing

To: dangerdoc
I can’t blame him, the Feds have made it entirely too expensive to bring a new drug to market.

While I agree it could be more efficient how do you ensure quality and avoid future litigation from adverse reactions? I hate the government however Pharma can't regulate itself.
12 posted on 11/06/2011 7:45:55 AM PST by TSgt (whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive...it is the Right of the People to abolish it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I only followed your lead. Pay it forward, as they say.

13 posted on 11/06/2011 7:48:13 AM PST by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Dr Burzynski’s discovery threatens one of the largest and most lucrative industries in the history of mankind, the cancer treatment industry.
All those radiation machines and doctors who run them
All those chemotherapy drugs and the doctors who prescribe them
All those so called studies that just juggle the doses of chemo & radiation, and
All those surgeons who have been flailing at cancer for over a 100 years
If it (antineoplastons) is allowed to flourish, it renders obsolete the entire cancer treatment industry. He has discovered a non-toxic treatment that is about as close to cure as we have ever seen. If you think the lumber jacks in the Pacific Northwest were scornful of the spotted owl, you haven’t seen anything yet….
Also it is not just about money, it is about strongly held beliefs, beliefs that have meshed with the personality of virtually everyone in the cancer treatment industry, especially the physicians. In short, these beliefs are that cancer can only be treated with therapies that mutilate, poison, or burn the patient, in the hope that they “kill” the cancer…..Therefore, each patient who is miraculously cured by Burzynski’s nontoxic therapy is not viewed as a breakthrough, or even as something good, but rather as a dangerous messenger of heresy, a terrible threat to their beliefs.”—Dr Whitaker, M.D.

14 posted on 11/06/2011 7:52:07 AM PST by GGpaX4DumpedTea (I am a tea party descendant - steeped in the Constitutional legacy handed down by the Founders)

To: AlmaKing

Maybe you should take your own advice. Get yourself educated on clincal trials and the rules of scientific evidence before spouting off on your conspiracy theories.

15 posted on 11/06/2011 7:52:19 AM PST by Kirkwood (Zombie Hunter)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Burzynski, the Movie: Cancer Is Serious Business | Watch Free
16 posted on 11/06/2011 7:59:46 AM PST by E. Pluribus Unum (The enemy of my enemy is my candidate.<sup>®</sup>)

Welcome to FreeRepublic.

17 posted on 11/06/2011 8:01:01 AM PST by EggsAckley ( There's an Ethiopian in the fuel supply ! !)

According to the article, the FDA has approved clinical trials for this guy's treatment, and they are ongoing. So what's the big deal? Does he think he deserves special treatment somehow? He needs to gather the data, allow it to be reviewed by peers, replicated by others, and let the process work.
18 posted on 11/06/2011 8:02:40 AM PST by hinckley buzzard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

I looked into this in 2000 when a beloved relative had glioblastoma (brain cancer). At that time, Dr. Burzynski refused to finish the trials, skewed his results by lumping all grades of astrocytoma together, and demanded huge fees up front. I find him distasteful at the least in his unwillingness to prove his antineoplastons worthwhile, and possibly someone who preys on desperate people with a worthlesss “cure” at the worst.

19 posted on 11/06/2011 8:08:01 AM PST by sometime lurker

I found your treatment much more efficacious than mine. Anecdotal though it is, even a placebo effect is welcome if it helps.

Here's an interesting read regarding Science

20 posted on 11/06/2011 8:09:47 AM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

It’s a miracle!.... IT’S A MIRACLE!!!.... I’m cured!... I’M CURED!!!!

21 posted on 11/06/2011 8:13:14 AM PST by donhunt (Certified and proud "Son of a Bitch".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Thanks for posting.

Approximately 35 years ago there was an article in Penthouse (yes, Penthouse) entitled, ‘The Solid Gold Cancer Train’, and it was a very well researched and clearly written article. I knew back then that the cancer industry was big business, a medical mafia, and here we are 35 years later and it’s bigger than ever.

In 1973 my college roommate paid $250 for a calculator that was 1/10th as powerful as the calculator in my granddaughter’s $7.00 toy play-phone. I could go on about the exponential leaps in technology but I’m sure you get the idea. How far, really, have we come with cancer cures?

22 posted on 11/06/2011 8:16:57 AM PST by Lancey Howard

To: donhunt

I’m not cured, but I do definitely feel better. I’m not kidding either.

23 posted on 11/06/2011 8:18:48 AM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: donhunt
I'm partial to Viking Long Boats, loaded with plunder:

24 posted on 11/06/2011 8:21:36 AM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

I've seen the documentary. If the allegations put forth in that film are true, the government is guilty of patent fraud, grand larceny, and probably conspiracy to commit murder through medical negligence.

However, the documentary was clearly slanted in Dr. Burzynski's favor, and so I only got half the story. It would seem to me that not even this arrogant government could offend any private citizen so egregiously and escape without consequence.

25 posted on 11/06/2011 8:24:08 AM PST by IronJack (=)

To: GGpaX4DumpedTea

I truly hope that this turns out to be as wonderful as it sounds. I don’t understand why he doesn’t seek some VC money to help move Phase 3 trials forward. He would still have control of the patent.
With regard to your thoughts on Oncologists, you are completely off-base. I used to sell onc meds and I do not know one physician who would not love to see a cure for every known cancer. These people have dedicated their lives to helping people and, in many cases, curing their cancers. Wake up

26 posted on 11/06/2011 8:27:41 AM PST by NHCaveman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: NHCaveman

Why would he seek money from the VietCong?

(I know...venture capital)

27 posted on 11/06/2011 9:00:12 AM PST by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

I liked the paper. Thanks for the link.

28 posted on 11/06/2011 9:01:21 AM PST by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

Is this the Steve Jobs cure? He thought the Docs were wrong too.

29 posted on 11/06/2011 9:05:16 AM PST by Wingy (Don't blame me. I voted for the chick. I hope to do so again.)

NOT GUILTY...

Wait....What was the question???

30 posted on 11/06/2011 9:09:27 AM PST by phockthis
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Has been posted here several times already in the past few months...

=8-)

31 posted on 11/06/2011 9:10:47 AM PST by =8 mrrabbit 8=

It’s another chapter of “Death By Liberalism”. I guess a lot of people have died while the FDA goes through its red tape.

32 posted on 11/06/2011 9:12:27 AM PST by RoadTest (For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.)

To: miele man

bump

33 posted on 11/06/2011 9:26:37 AM PST by miele man

To: phockthis

Exactly...

34 posted on 11/06/2011 9:52:01 AM PST by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: Lancey Howard

If I remember that article, it was part of a series which included “alternative” cancer treatments, written by Gary Null. There, I read about an immune-augmentation therapy being offered in the Bahamas by a U.S researcher who’d been ostracized/defunded stateside by the American Cancer Society and related medical establishment. At that time my father had been through all the conventional treatments for his nasopharyngeal cancer and we were advised he had less than a month to live. We took him to the Bahamas in a semi-comatose state and he shortly recovered to the point of living another 1.5 years alert and in reasonably good condition. The treatment was not nearly as costly as the conventional treatments. We were told by the U.S. docs that immune therapy was a “waste” and “junk science”, which is ironic since it’s a hot commodity now that pharmaceutical companies have begun developing various immune system-related therapies.

35 posted on 11/06/2011 10:33:18 AM PST by Magic Fingers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: NHCaveman

“With regard to your thoughts on Oncologists...”

Though I may share that view, it is one expressed by Dr Julian Whitaker, MD, in my post. Note that this is only one of many ‘alternative cures’ for cancer that have been suppressed by the FDA/AMA/Drug Cartel. Note also that the testing for the drug industry drugs is not as thorough as they want to impose on treatments that do not come from the Drug Cartel.

Those good doctors who have ‘dedicated their lives to helping people’ are punished/banished by their controllers, the AMA/FDA if they even tell a patient about ‘alternative’ treatments. And cure? The allopathic medical profession does not have the ‘Cure’ word in their vocabulary. These good doctors are part of the same profession that used mercury (quacksilver) to treat disease. They are part of the same profession that still administer vaccines that have mercury in them...vaccines that have gone through virtually no rigourous testing protocols.

And by the way, I am awake. Perhaps it is time for you to take off the blinders.

36 posted on 11/06/2011 11:07:23 AM PST by GGpaX4DumpedTea (I am a tea party descendant - steeped in the Constitutional legacy handed down by the Founders)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

I am familiar with his product and why he was prosecuted, my mother was dying of cancer about that time.

37 posted on 11/06/2011 11:43:09 AM PST by dangerdoc (see post #6)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: GGpaX4DumpedTea
Mercurochrome worked fine when I was a kid.

Silver-Hg amalgam tooth fillings haven't made me crazy - yet.

38 posted on 11/06/2011 11:46:36 AM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

If cancer treatments don’t come from government funded or drug company funded research, then they get labeled ‘alternative’ intentionally to demonize them. It’s surprising that Freepers respond in defense of the system set up to prohibit this doctor’s research when they claim they are freedom loving and small government folks.

This ignores the way markets actually work.

You are quite correct that a cheap, easy and simple cancer cure would upset a lot of gravy trains.

However, any one of the big powerful drug companies that acquired or licensed the rights to the process would make a great deal of money, while damaging its competitors.

So the "coverup" theory is based on the notion that each and every one of the drug companies will do what's good for the industry as a whole rather than what is good for that particular company.

Things don't work that way. Any company will cheerfully, even gleefully, destroy its entire industry if it is its own best interest.

39 posted on 11/06/2011 7:02:22 PM PST by Sherman Logan

This ignores the way markets actually work.

You are quite correct that a cheap, easy and simple cancer cure would upset a lot of gravy trains.

However, any one of the big powerful drug companies that acquired or licensed the rights to the process would make a great deal of money, while damaging its competitors.

So the "coverup" theory is based on the notion that each and every one of the drug companies will do what's good for the industry as a whole rather than what is good for that particular company.

Things don't work that way. Any company will cheerfully, even gleefully, destroy its entire industry if it is its own best interest.

40 posted on 11/06/2011 7:02:53 PM PST by Sherman Logan

To: Sherman Logan

I just watched that Burzynski movie on the recommendation of a physician friend. I found it very interesting, provocative, and frankly upsetting. We were both discussing the embedded institutional corruption of our nation and whether we would ever see revolutionary cures come about in our lifetime. There are massive conflicts of interest that currently exist between regulators and the healthcare industry. There are massive profits being made to maintain the status quo and the FDA is on their payroll as the movie illustrated.

The FDA tried for years to block him, and then they collaborated with Elan?? to steal his patents on antineoplastons.

The researcher from the National Cancer Institute had a good suggestion that all government cancer research money should be divided into two parts one for establishment big business approved treatments, and the other for the alternative medicine? At the end of the year the money would be reconfigured based upon successes.

I’m now cynical enough to believe if someone ever developed a 300 mpg carburetor, it would never see the light of day because of the embedded wealth it would destroy. The same outlook with revolutionary cures.

41 posted on 02/16/2012 11:53:46 AM PST by apoliticalone (Honest govt. that operates in the interest of US sovereignty and the people, not global $$$)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: apoliticalone

As my previous post shows, I disagree.

If Ford developed a 300 mpg carburetor, they would have every incentive in the world to put it in their own cars (sell more of them), and license it to other car manufacturers (make lots of money).

The oil companies might have an incentive to hide such an invention, but the oil and car companies are two different groups. Why would Ford take a huge reduction in its own profits just to protect the profits of Exxon?

This is similar to the way checks and balances work in our constitution, as Adam Smith recognized centuries ago, the free market works because the participants are selfish people looking out for their own self-interest. It doesn’t require altruistic people to function.

42 posted on 02/16/2012 12:13:42 PM PST by Sherman Logan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

Have you seen the movie? It’s worth a watch.

My carb example is not as relative to Burzynski because of the insider regulators who control medical treatment. If a small time inventor (versus Ford) developed the carb it’s possible the entrenched interests would be successful at keeping it mothballed.

Burzynski is a relatively small time operator that has had some astounding and proven medical successes, but it is in a field dominated by big operators entrenched in providing many aspects of treatment, and also with government regulators dominated by industry insiders.

The real message they want to send is that industry changing and revolutionary innovation through small business is dead in the USA, unless one is willing to throw in with those in the club. Unless the vultures either on the financier venture capital side or the existing big pharma side get a big piece of the action, they and regulator puppets will crush you.

When you see the games that the FDA and others played with peoples lives on these trials intended only to marginalize treatment and Burzynski, there should be criminal charges.

Global corporations and bankers and their insider regulator puppets have too much control over all aspects of government. Conservatives need to wake up that bigger business, their control of government and stymieing competition is not in our national interest. Lobbyist insiders are appointing regulatory positions.

43 posted on 02/16/2012 1:13:51 PM PST by apoliticalone (Honest govt. that operates in the interest of US sovereignty and the people, not global $$$)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

“Viking Long Boats”

LOL! Nice pic.

44 posted on 02/16/2012 1:37:43 PM PST by READINABLUESTATE ("We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." - Franklin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: apoliticalone
The real message they want to send is that industry changing and revolutionary innovation through small business is dead in the USA

That is, of course, why Facebook just sold for billions of dollars a very short time after the company started as a lark.

45 posted on 02/16/2012 2:20:50 PM PST by Sherman Logan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

Sorry I don’t compare regulated healthcare outcomes and cures, with a worthless meaningless Facebook account controlled by cronies intended to market our private info. Facebook is intended to control Americans and their lives and their politics, not cure us of anything.

We have been co-opted to become a nation of sheep helping other cronies and not helping society. That’s why the media companies and their sites are now forcibly restricting the ability of readers to comment on news articles except by joining Facebook, and to make Zuckerburg even more billions.

Zuckerburg has already said he wants to know everything about all people and they want to know your beliefs and politics. They will know your political beliefs just as if you voted through FB. IMHO no one has the broad right to know and catalog one’s politics but yet the media and FB is pushing every American to be cataloged politically in their data base.

46 posted on 02/16/2012 5:20:01 PM PST by apoliticalone (Honest govt. that operates in the interest of US sovereignty and the people, not global $$$)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson