My family raves about these buns. I toss the ingredients in my bread machine and let it do most of the work. Take the dough out after it rises, shape & let raise again & bake them in the oven. I use a scale to weigh my dough & get 10 buns out of the recipe that are just the right size for 1/3 # burgers.
(125 degrees is much too warm. The buns were flat because you probably killed most of the yeast w/ the heat.)
AWESOME! Thank you!
I used to work at Fuddruckers decades ago, and LOVED their burger buns. Been trying to make them for the last few months now.
Been modifying this recipe I found online:
1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
1 beaten egg
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
2. Select dough setting.
3. When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
4. Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1” thick circle.
5. Cut each half into six 3 1/2” rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
6. Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
7. Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
8. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.
9. Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Some reviewers baked these anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes.
Ohhh! I’m going to try those! I have all the ingredients, right down to the King Arther flour! Thanks for posting it!