Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

1 posted on 12/03/2011 8:43:04 PM PST by sushiman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: sushiman

Yes

2 posted on 12/03/2011 8:46:22 PM PST by Steelfish (ui)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

No. Way too green.

3 posted on 12/03/2011 8:47:26 PM PST by Paradox (The rich SHOULD be paying more taxes, and they WOULD, if they could make more money.)

I’d draft Sarah, who has an actual record of governing, first.

I doubt even West thinks he’s ready to be POTUS ...since he is a realist unlike the current incompetent egomaniac in the White House.

4 posted on 12/03/2011 8:48:46 PM PST by Aria ( "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.")

Sarah @ #1, West as VP.

7 posted on 12/03/2011 8:56:27 PM PST by Shery (in APO Land)

Leave West alone. Leave Rubio alone too. Give both men the opportunity to learn before we throw them into the race for president.

8 posted on 12/03/2011 8:56:58 PM PST by BAW (Not Romney. No. No. No. No. No.)

When will this desperation cease? When is 0.5% going to draft anything but beer? West is smarter than his advocates.

10 posted on 12/03/2011 9:01:43 PM PST by arrogantsob (Obama must Go.)

How about no?

As I recall, Reagan wasn’t even really Reagan until his second term.

Both Newt or Perry do have the capacity to run quite capable presidencies, if given the chance.

If we aren’t willing to believe in our own candidates, how can we expect anybody else to do so?

12 posted on 12/03/2011 9:02:41 PM PST by Jonty30 (If a person won't learn under the best of times, than he must learn under the worst of times.)

Not after what he said about Cain.

14 posted on 12/03/2011 9:04:18 PM PST by TBP (Obama lies, Granny dies.)

West is not ready yet. He does not have the political experience at this time.

And wait, I thought the Cain train folks were down on him once he said Herman should end his campaign.

15 posted on 12/03/2011 9:04:30 PM PST by Longbow1969

I know nothing about West except he
fcalled for Cain’s head. What can you tell us about him?

17 posted on 12/03/2011 9:09:26 PM PST by Paperdoll (on the cutting edge)

Could you people give us a day or two to swallow Cains exit? My goodness, have you no decency?
18 posted on 12/03/2011 9:09:26 PM PST by NoGrayZone (Stay involved..because stupid people are running America! - Herman Cain - Amen!!!)

I know nothing about West except he
fcalled for Cain’s head. What can you tell us about him?

19 posted on 12/03/2011 9:09:39 PM PST by Paperdoll (on the cutting edge)

View this short video. (start about 1:39)
Col West explains most elequently why Islam is a danger to America:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGQmCZjJ0k

He is one of the very few with guts enough to lay it on the line.

And he is just as tough on illegal aliens.

We need this man as VP in the new Republican administration.

This is a smart, experienced, articulate man.

24 posted on 12/03/2011 9:20:03 PM PST by patriot08 (TEXAS GAL- born and bred and proud of it!)

No organization yet and no time to put one together. These things take years to organize.

36 posted on 12/03/2011 9:57:29 PM PST by Adams (Fight on!)

To: sushiman; All

West on illegal immigration:

http://anotherblackconservative.blogspot.com/2010/05/lt-col-allen-west-on-illegal.html

“You want to dig up Charles Martel and ask him why him why he was fighting the Muslim army at the Battle of Tours in 732? You want to ask the Venetian fleet at Lepanto why they were fighting a Muslim fleet in 1571? You want to ask ... the Germanic and Austrian knights why they were fighting at the gates of Vienna in 1683? You want to ask people what happened at Constantinople and why today it is called Istanbul because they lost that fight in 1453? ...
Until you get principled leadership in the United States of America that is willing to say that, we will continue to chase our tail, because we will never clearly define who this enemy is, and then understand their goals and objectives—which (are) on any jihadist website—and then come up with the right (and) proper objectives to not only secure our Republic but secure Western civilization.”
Col Alan West

‘Make no mistake, we are a nation at war against a totalitarian theocratic political ideology that glorifies death rather than celebrating life. To defeat it, we must stay on the offensive. From Afghanistan and Iraq to the Greater Middle East and South America, radical Islam is on the march.
I will work to reestablish American Exceptionalism by growing and modernizing America’s Armed forces to ensure that we are prepared for the strategic challenges ahead. Like President Reagan, I believe that peace is best kept through a strong national defense.”

“And never forget this, my fellow Americans, in 1930 there was a gentleman in Germany that took away private gun ownership, and you know what happened to that population. You must be well informed and well armed because this government that we have right now is a tyrannical government, and it starts with this issue with illegal immigration.”
Col Alan West

“I think that illegal immigration – the operative word is ‘illegal’. It also says here in Article 1 Section 8 that you have to repel invasions. I think that anytime someone is coming across your border and they haven’t been invited, that can be considered what the founding fathers wrote as an invasion into your country
Col Alan West

“See our government wants to castigate us as the enemy. Our President went down and said that the problem is here in the United States of America. Well, you know, let’s face it. Wherever he goes he’s going to apologize for this country. I can’t stand the guy. I absolutely can’t stand him.”
Col Alan West

40 posted on 12/03/2011 10:29:26 PM PST by patriot08 (TEXAS GAL- born and bred and proud of it!)

To: sushiman; All

Col West bio:

Lieutenant Colonel Allen West (US Army, Retired) was born and raised in Atlanta Georgia and is third of four generations of military servicemen in his family.
His parents instilled in him a very basic principle, love of God and Country.
In 2004, when it was time to retire from more than twenty years of service in the US Army, he brought his wife and two young daughters to Broward County, Florida, where he taught high school for one year. He then returned to Afghanistan as an advisor to the Afghan army, an assignment he finished in November 2007.

Allen West received his Bachelors degree from University of Tennessee and Masters degree from Kansas State University, both in political science.
He also holds a Master of Military Arts and Sciences from the US Army Command and General Staff Officer College in political theory and military operations.
“Education is the great equalizer,” he says. “With a good education, any child in America can live his dream.” Allen West knows that for our children to live their dreams, they need to be safe.
He has served in several combat zones: in Operation Desert Storm, in Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was battalion commander for the Army’s 4th Infantry Division, and in Afghanistan, where he trained Afghan officers to take on the responsibility of securing their own country. In his Army career, Col.
West has been honored many times, including a Bronze Star, three Meritorious Service Medals, three Army Commendation Medals (one with Valor), and a Valorous Unit Award. He received his valor award as a Captain in Desert Shield/Storm, was the US Army ROTC Instructor of the Year in 1993, and was a Distinguished Honor Graduate III Corps Assault School.
He proudly wears the Army Master parachutist badge, Air Assault badge, Navy/Marine Corps parachutist insignia, Italian parachutist wings, and German proficiency badge (Bronze award).

Allen is an avid distance runner, a PADI Master certified SCUBA diver, motorcyclist, and attends Community Christian Church in Tamarac Florida. Excellence is a West family tradition. His wife, Angela, holds an MBA and PhD. and works as a financial planner. His oldest daughter, Aubrey, attends Archbishop McCarthy HS and his youngest daughter, Austen, attends Parkway Christian School.
http://allenwestforcongress.com/about

Col. West was bounced out of the military for the aggressive 2003 interrogation of a civilian Iraqi police officer who was suspected of having information about an ambush on American soldiers. When the officer wouldn’t cough up information that would protect American lives, Col. West fired his pistol past the detainee’s head into a clearing barrel. It did not harm the detainee in any way, but frightened him into giving Col. West information about the planned attack.

Not only did this information enable the military to thwart this particular ambush, there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in this area until Col. West was relieved of his leadership post.

Col. West was asked at his hearing if he would do it again. “If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can.”

In other words, Col. West is a genuine American hero. He should have received another medal for his actions instead of being driven from the U.S. military.

Col. West was a highly decorated officer at the time of this incident, having earned the Bronze Star and the Meritorious Service Medal (two Oak Leaf Clusters) in addition to numerous other awards and decorations.
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/101112

41 posted on 12/03/2011 10:36:00 PM PST by patriot08 (TEXAS GAL- born and bred and proud of it!)

West is the only republican that seems to understand and be able to discuss our international situation. West and his wife would be so far above in character and natural patriotism than the Obamas as ‘first family’, think Death Valley and Mt. Everest.

55 posted on 12/04/2011 7:28:17 AM PST by noinfringers2

Since Rubio has declared himself out of consideration for veep, I believe Chris Christie will be the eventual VP candidate.

56 posted on 12/04/2011 8:16:28 AM PST by Sgt_Schultze (A half-truth is a complete lie)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson