Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Rick Perry Draws In Volunteers in Expansive Iowa Ground Game Effort
ABC News ^ | 31st December 2011 | Arlette Saenz

Posted on 01/01/2012 2:44:40 PM PST by shield

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – Walk into this West Des Moines hotel, and you’ll easily encounter volunteers in Rick Perry fleeces or staffers wearing official Rick Perry badges.

The Perry campaign has set up shop here just days before the Iowa caucuses while nearly two thousand volunteers fan out across the state to promote the Texas governor with an expansive ground game as the campaign hopes he’ll earn a top three spot in the caucuses Tuesday.

A source close to the Perry campaign confirmed to ABC News they have signed up 1500 precinct leaders across Iowa.

At each of the stops along his bus tour through Iowa over the past two weeks, the campaign set up a table asking people to sign up to become precinct leaders. During the first leg of the bus tour, they averaged about 7 people signing up at each event, the source claimed, but during the second leg of the tour this past week, the precinct leader sign-ups jumped to more than 10 at each stop.

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

TOPICS:
KEYWORDS: 0chance; 10thamendmentman; 12mthsborderlockdown; 1desperateperry; 2ndamendmentman; 2percentperry; amnesty; apresidentperry; backtoaustin; heartless; larazarick; lastplaceperry; loser; moron; openbordersperry; perry4amnesty; ricardo; ricardoperrierez; ricardperrierez; singledigitsperry; slickrick; texastoast
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-59 next last
Governor Rick Perry says:
Obama's Failure on Foreign Intelligence
End Foreign Aid to our Enemies
Prevent Syria and Iran from Exporting Terrorism
Obama's Irresponsible Defense Cuts
China and Cyber Security

See what Governor Perry is doing daily The Perry Almanac
The Texas Miracle.

1 posted on 01/01/2012 2:44:43 PM PST by shield
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Cincinatus' Wife; jonrick46; deepbluesea; TexMom7; potlatch; SunkenCiv; wolfcreek; BuckeyeTexan; ...
Perry Ping....

IF you'd rather NOT be pinged FReepmail me.

IF you'd like to be added FReepmail me. Thanks.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

2 posted on 01/01/2012 2:45:59 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: shield

I enjoyed having Governor Perry in the race. He’s great on creating jobs, energy importance, and something else.

3 posted on 01/01/2012 2:49:13 PM PST by CainConservative ( Newt/Rubio 2012 with Cain, Bolton, Santorum, Perry, Watts, Duncan, & Bachmann in Newt's Cabinet)

I hope he’s in the top 3 too, I’d like to see him go on.

4 posted on 01/01/2012 2:49:22 PM PST by bigbob

Here’s hoping he finishes in the top 3, and I’ll also be praying that he ends up at the top.

5 posted on 01/01/2012 2:52:52 PM PST by McGavin999 ("If you'll have my back when I go to Washington, I'll have yours" Rick Perry 2012)

Comment #6 Removed by Moderator

Each would be a credit to Our White House!

7 posted on 01/01/2012 2:53:32 PM PST by TNoldman (AN AMERICAN FOR A MUSLIM/BHO FREE AMERICA.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: bigbob

I expect him to be in the top 3 or better.

8 posted on 01/01/2012 2:54:49 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

What a beautiful couple! It will be so nice to have such a gracious First Lady.

9 posted on 01/01/2012 2:57:22 PM PST by Inspectorette

To: william Ington
I have wondered if effects from his back surgery was connected with the poor debate performance?

I know he started running again in the last couple of weeks; so must be getting stronger.

10 posted on 01/01/2012 2:57:47 PM PST by HereInTheHeartland (I love how the FR spellchecker doesn't recognize the word "Obama")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Perry is a tireless and tenacious campaigner. He has gone straight to ground and is face to face with people. This campaign is his kind of campaign. He can tear Obama to pieces. Cut him up 12 ways from Sunday. Do not count Perry out.

11 posted on 01/01/2012 2:58:55 PM PST by isthisnickcool (Sharia? No thanks!)

12 posted on 01/01/2012 3:00:16 PM PST by smoothsailing

To: bigbob

Not one candidate in Iowa has any volunteers from their states working for their them like Perry has. Hundreds from Texas and 30 other states volunteering for Perry. One on his strike force says ‘a little secret: the polls are wrong.’

13 posted on 01/01/2012 3:00:25 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: McGavin999

Agree or better.

14 posted on 01/01/2012 3:01:44 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

What? He did outstanding in the last 3 or 4 debates, in fact, he was the winner in the last debate even though FNC avoided asking him any questions. The very few questions he got his answers won him that debate.

15 posted on 01/01/2012 3:06:32 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)

I expect him to be in the top 3 or better.

What’s ‘or better’ than the top three which would be 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

16 posted on 01/01/2012 3:09:47 PM PST by deport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: deport

OK......

17 posted on 01/01/2012 3:22:04 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Not one candidate in Iowa has any volunteers from their states working for their them like Perry has.

My house has been visited twice in the past week or so by the Ron Paul folks. Never a visit from Perry. Just my experience...I am not a huge Perry fan, but I will probably caucus for him on Tuesday...not thrilled about it...

18 posted on 01/01/2012 3:29:35 PM PST by LearnsFromMistakes (Yes, I am happy to see you. But that IS a gun in my pocket.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

I can’t agree.

He hasn’t put a foot wrong since the first debate.

And what a good looking first couple we would have (for a change).

I really hope Rick Perry wins the Iowa thing. Lord knows, he’s tried.

19 posted on 01/01/2012 3:32:57 PM PST by altura (Perry 2012)

I'd like to see him place in the top 3, too. I don't think Iowa matters much for Republicans, though. It just makes the broke candidates who lose give up.

It is interesting that the Iowa caucuses (Hawkeye Cauci) do seem predictive for Democrats but not for Republicans.

20 posted on 01/01/2012 3:33:06 PM PST by BfloGuy (The final outcome of the credit expansion is general impoverishment.)

I, for one, will be enjoyed to have American Athletes, American Scholars, American Military Heroes, American Captains of Industry, American poets and writers, American Economists, American Farmers, American Steel Makers, American Political Pundits, American plumbers, electricians and roofers, American Automakers, American Real Estate Agents (comes with the territory), American fabric weavers, American Coal Producers, American Train-track layers, American Cab Drivers.... and so on.

Visit the White House.

21 posted on 01/01/2012 3:35:42 PM PST by txhurl (Perry/Pence 2012 OR Perry/Ryan 2012 or even better Perry/Abbott 2012!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: LearnsFromMistakes

Have you fumigated (after the Ron Paul visits)?

Perry and Paul are the only two with totally devoted followings, I think.

Maybe Perry will drop over tonite. Anyway, I’m glad you’re voting for him.

Thanks a lot.

22 posted on 01/01/2012 3:35:49 PM PST by altura (Perry 2012)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: BfloGuy

It’s not that Iowa matters so much in the grand scheme of things, but a win or second there would move Perry out of the back burner spot and people would start to notice him more.

When they do, they will like him.

23 posted on 01/01/2012 3:37:51 PM PST by altura (Perry 2012)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

OK...I hadn’t even thought of Paul as a real candidate...I was thinking of Bachmann, Newt, Romney, and Santorum. I was told when Paul wins a poll you look who is next and that’s the actual winner of the poll. LOL

24 posted on 01/01/2012 3:38:53 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)

The Obama/Romney machine is a tough ring to break.

Perry is capable of breaking it.

25 posted on 01/01/2012 3:40:34 PM PST by EGPWS (Trust in God, question everyone else)

To: EGPWS

Many have learned the hard way never doubt Perry’s ability.

26 posted on 01/01/2012 3:45:19 PM PST by shield (Rev 2:9 Woe unto those who say they are Judahites and are not, but are of the syna GOG ue of Satan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: altura

I agree. Romney right now has the "Meh" vote. Americans, this time, want someone to vote FOR.

I think the right one to vote FOR is Perry.

27 posted on 01/01/2012 3:45:25 PM PST by thecodont
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: thecodont

For a second there I thought you wrote “The Meth Vote”...LOL!

28 posted on 01/01/2012 3:48:11 PM PST by eyedigress ((Old storm chaser from the west)?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

A lot of Georgians and Virginians made their way to Iowa as well. Newt has a very strong following, especially nationwide. And Newt was born in Pennsylvania.

Go Newt! Perry could be his VP.

29 posted on 01/01/2012 3:50:17 PM PST by show
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

I will probably caucus for him on Tuesday...not thrilled about it...

Feel good about it. Perry would make a great President and would turn this country around, put us back on course.

30 posted on 01/01/2012 4:23:50 PM PST by Kenny

I am glad to hear you are caucasing, and, I think I’d do like you if I were an Iowan.

It’s a tough call, but that’s the way I think I’d go at this point.

31 posted on 01/01/2012 4:52:28 PM PST by Persevero (Homeschooling for Excellence since 1992)

To: show

Don’t think Perry would take veep. Could be wrong, but I think he’s got a better job in Texas.

32 posted on 01/01/2012 4:54:48 PM PST by altura (Perry 2012)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Correction, the early debates were terrible. He improved greatly as time went along. He is a great campaigner. I went to an event for him Tues. He was GREAT!!

33 posted on 01/01/2012 4:57:39 PM PST by Conservativegreatgrandma

Thank you for supporting Gov. Rick Perry. I, too, will be caucusing for him because he has the best record of any candidate runnning.

I love the idea he is an Air Force veteran with expeience flying military planes all over the world--including Iran. That can come in handy now.

34 posted on 01/01/2012 5:00:43 PM PST by Conservativegreatgrandma

It’s probably my fault if you live in Ankeny - I kept getting lost with the NW and NE Place, Avenue, etc.

35 posted on 01/01/2012 5:12:18 PM PST by hocndoc (WingRight.org: Have mustard seed, not afraid to use it. Cut spending, now,now,now!)

Thank You and God Bless You!

Perry 2012!

36 posted on 01/01/2012 5:15:54 PM PST by TexMom7

Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream.

The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned.

The second mouse wouldn’t give up. He struggled so hard he churned the cream into butter and climbed out.

Rick Perry is that second mouse.

37 posted on 01/01/2012 5:17:56 PM PST by bigoil (Study Thy Nixon)

Don’t think Perry would take veep. Could be wrong, but I think he’s got a better job in Texas.

Perry wouldn't be Veep. That would be a step down from his current job.

Like Sarah Palin, I think Perry generally hates the idea of living in Washington and the only reason he's running for president is because he thinks the country needs his direction. In fact, I think Perry would have supported Palin if she ran but he realized at some point that she wasn't.

38 posted on 01/01/2012 5:20:10 PM PST by OrangeHoof (Obama: The Dr. Kevorkian of the American economy.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: deport

“In the top 2” is better than “in the top 3.” Just sayin’...

39 posted on 01/01/2012 5:45:54 PM PST by olrtex
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

I pray he does well shield, well enough to keep going because the more people meet him personally, they more they like him. I still see the same people here posting the same untruths and don’t understand why some people in far off states dislike him so much!!

40 posted on 01/01/2012 5:57:30 PM PST by potlatch (*snip*~ Having the right to be angry does not give one the right to be cruel. ~*snip*)

By the time the Primaries get to Illinois, it will be all but over for the the Republican Presidential nominee.

It has been frustrating to see MSM ignore Rick Perry. They know he is a threat to Romney in the south and want to 'take him out' in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Ronald Reagan came from my neck of the woods....so I say to all the Perry volunteers "Win one for the Gipper."

41 posted on 01/01/2012 5:59:25 PM PST by stars & stripes forever (Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord!)

Very nice picture. I sure would like to see them in the White House.

Thanks for the ping.
42 posted on 01/01/2012 6:02:05 PM PST by novemberslady

To: show

“A lot of Georgians and Virginians made their way to Iowa as well. Newt has a very strong following, especially nationwide. And Newt was born in Pennsylvania.
Go Newt! Perry could be his VP.”

While I was in Barnes and Noble, I checked out Perry’s book, “Fed Up.” Newt wrote quite a lengthy and glowing foreword. I think he should drop out and endorse Perry. :)

43 posted on 01/01/2012 6:04:47 PM PST by CatherineofAragon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Yesterday C-Span aired Perry’s entire visit to a coffee shop in Fort Dodge, Iowa. Anyone who thinks he has a problem with words/speech should watch it. He talked for about 45 minutes and then took questions from the packed house. I think he won over some voters, from the reactions I saw.

Outside the shop, there was a banner bearing the names of the candidates who had visited. When Perry’s bus pulled up, he bounded off and headed straight for it-—”Lemme sign ‘at!” LOL

44 posted on 01/01/2012 6:12:03 PM PST by CatherineofAragon

Here is a statement on Dec. 21 from one of my friends who is there now:

“Where Loyalties Lie” by Victoria (per Rick Perry)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2823079/posts

45 posted on 01/01/2012 6:29:52 PM PST by Texas Fossil (Government, even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one)

Comment #46 Removed by Moderator

To: stars & stripes forever
It has been frustrating to see MSM ignore Rick Perry. They know he is a threat to Romney..

Absolutely. That's why they're trying to ignore him. And if he places well in Iowa, expect them to start the attacks again.

47 posted on 01/01/2012 6:40:54 PM PST by mikhailovich
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

Leading Perry backers head to Iowa for final push

On Monday night, in the appropriately named Iowa town of Perry, the Texas governor and his family will hold their final event of the day alongside Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback, both of whom endorsed Perry early in the race.

Joining them on stage will be former presidential candidate Steve Forbes, the chief proponent of Perry’s flat-tax proposal, and Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, a longtime Perry ally in Austin.

South Carolina Rep. Mick Mulvaney, one of the most popular conservatives in the early Southern primary state, is also making the trek to Iowa for the Perry rally.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/01/leading-perry-backers-head-to-iowa-for-final-push/

48 posted on 01/01/2012 6:41:11 PM PST by baysider

The polls make one think the Iowa results have been settled. In the little teeny fine print is the truth of the matter. Iowa Republicans will not make up their mind until they are rubbing shoulders with fellow Republicans at the caucus. The caucus will be the focal point of all the information that will determine their final decision. With 45 percent of Iowa Republican voters undecided, everything is on the table.

My first choice is Newt because he is one of the architects of the conservative movement. I challenge everyone to reread Newt's To Renew America. Haven't read it? What planet are you on?

My second choice is Governor Rick Perry because he is a true conservative and his success as a governor. That experience as a governor is the kind of executive experience we need in the White House.

Sarah Palin! Mon ange de la liberté, why have we not heard from you?

49 posted on 01/01/2012 9:09:49 PM PST by jonrick46 (Countdown to 11-06-2012)

To: baysider

Thanks for the info ~

Praying hard for Perry to make the top 3 ~

50 posted on 01/01/2012 9:09:49 PM PST by simplesimon (You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own "facts"...........)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-59 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson