Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Lakeshark
I think Gingrich was possible but shaky - with this, I think he's bye-bye.

Incredible: three top conservative contenders down in flames (the first one voluntarily but a wounded warrior). As they say, "You can't make this stuff up."

A word about the GOP.

I wonder how long the GOP has been a soft Liberal party. I believe Reagan stole the party back from the Liberals ("moderates") in 1980. Eisenhower allowed taxes and government to grow crazily in the 50's. How far back do you have to go? I think sometime in the late 1800's/early 1900's, America found itself without a political party that would put America and its Christian, traditional values first. I think ever since then the GOP has put its own interests and political perpetuation ahead of what's best for America.

The country has withstood an amazingly long period of time without sustained organizational and institutional support. May God Himself continue to bless and uphold America against her enemies, within and without, until He returns for His own.

4 posted on 01/18/2012 7:02:48 PM PST by PapaNew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: PapaNew

I hope the people of S.C. are smart enough to vote for him anyway, just to send the message that America doesn’t want Mittens.

9 posted on 01/18/2012 7:06:40 PM PST by Tribune7 (Vote ABR)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

I believe Reagan stole the party back from the Liberals ("moderates") in 1980.

I believe the GOP used Pelozi's ethics investigations of Newt to force him out of the Speakers job and the Congress to get Dennis Hastert (Bob Livingstone was a temp with affairs problems) into the Speakers job so the GOP could spend like Democraps. Pelozi knew independents would abandon Republicans and put her in power because Republicans are held to higher standards. Right out of Saul Alinsky.

48 posted on 01/18/2012 7:52:17 PM PST by OrioleFan (Republicans believe every day is July 4th, Democrats believe every day is April 15th.)

Gingrich has a disgusting past. And she knows all the dirt, of course she will seek revenge.

He was unfaithful to her too.

Its kinda what he does.

52 posted on 01/18/2012 7:54:33 PM PST by JRochelle (Note to the MSM: Unemployment has been higher under every month of Obama than any month under Bush.)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson