Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

CNN Headline News Breaking Trump to endorse ROMNEY!!!!!
self | 2/2/2012 | self

Posted on 02/02/2012 11:15:57 AM PST by sodpoodle

CNN just announced Trump will endorse Romney.

Trump admires his hair

TOPICS: Weird Stuff
KEYWORDS: clown; endorsements; trump; vanity
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-79 next last
What a disappointment.
1 posted on 02/02/2012 11:16:01 AM PST by sodpoodle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: sodpoodle

Heard Rush talk about it today.

2 posted on 02/02/2012 11:17:48 AM PST by Biggirl ("Jesus talked to us as individuals"-Jim Vicevich/Thanks JimV!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Having a bad hair day?

3 posted on 02/02/2012 11:20:40 AM PST by Paleo Conservative

I don’t think Trump’s endorsement means much.

4 posted on 02/02/2012 11:21:27 AM PST by umgud (No Rats, No Rino's)

To: umgud

It’s just one rich man endorsing another. Nothing surprising about this. Nothing to see here - move on!

5 posted on 02/02/2012 11:23:24 AM PST by Catsrus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Wow!!!!! BFD! WTFC! FT! FR!

6 posted on 02/02/2012 11:23:24 AM PST by Doc Savage ("I've shot people I like a lot more,...for a lot less!" Raylan Givins)

“I don’t think Trump’s endorsement means much.”

It meant a lot yesterday when it was thought he was endorsing Newt.

That said, who gives a rip what Trump thinks? He is just ginning up publicity for the upcoming Apprentice premiere. His gasbaggery is a joke.

7 posted on 02/02/2012 11:24:44 AM PST by AnnGora (I'm suing my tagline for sexual harrassment.)

(((I fell so alone. It’s probably a sin to admit it, but I’ve never given a flying fig newton about what Trump thought or said about anything. And still don’t.)))

8 posted on 02/02/2012 11:25:37 AM PST by I cannot think of a name

(((I feel so alone. It’s probably a sin to admit it, but I’ve never given a flying fig newton about what Trump thought or said about anything. And still don’t.)))

9 posted on 02/02/2012 11:25:54 AM PST by I cannot think of a name

To: I cannot think of a name

Cnn says, Drudge says ...

What you wannna bet this is just one big publicity stunt and he endorses no one — but himself.

I’m witholding any comment until we hear it from the Donald’s mouth.

Of course, Donald knows this ..and is loving it.

10 posted on 02/02/2012 11:27:53 AM PST by LibsRJerks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

I have to admit I’m very surprised at this. Trump must have been able to work out one hell of a favor trade for his endorsement.

11 posted on 02/02/2012 11:29:06 AM PST by ZX12R (FUBO GTFO 2012 ! We should take off and Newt washington from orbit.)

I’d take a Todd Palin endorsement over a Donald Trump endorsement anytime.

12 posted on 02/02/2012 11:29:38 AM PST by McGruff (46 States To Go)

To: LibsRJerks

I for one do like Mr.Trump, but I hate that he maybe endorsing Romney.. i really hate it.. Praying that the media is mistaken and he goes to Newt.. :(

13 posted on 02/02/2012 11:32:02 AM PST by VairyAngel (Newt 2012. God bless America again..)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: McGruff

“I’d take a Todd Palin endorsement over a Donald Trump endorsement anytime.”

AMEN!!!

14 posted on 02/02/2012 11:33:03 AM PST by AnnGora (I'm suing my tagline for sexual harrassment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

I don’t think Trump’s endorsement means much.

Last night, there was a thread that he was going to endorse Gingrich.

Much trumpeting on FR about how valuable it would be. What a difference a day makes, eh?

One comment, by a prescient FReeper was "Trump's words have a short shelf life". My guess? Regardless of who he endorsed, it will be forgotten by Monday.

The only thing that I dislike is that Trump will wait until a winner is obvious, then back him. That doesn't bode well for Gingrich.

15 posted on 02/02/2012 11:34:38 AM PST by wbill

Let me bring you boys back to reality.

1. Romney will be the nominee. He is McLame II.

2. Romney's handlers know, just as McLame's did that putting a RINO 'Tom Ridge' in as VP was a loser. Therefor they went for a woman Conservative, Sarah Palin.

3. Now think about it. Had Palin NOT been the VP, and Ridge had (and the RINO's all wanted him} McLame would have LOST by an additional 20,000,000 votes, the votes of HARD-CORE Conservatives who would have stayed home before the would pull the lever for those two morons!

4.Now there is a REASON why Santorum is still sticking around sucking off 10-12 % off Gingrich. It's because he's either WANTS to be the VP choice, or he ALREADY knows he is!!! My guess is that as soon a Gingrich is toast Arlen's Butt-boy will graciously drop-out throwing his support to Romney. He will then become the VP choice.

5. The REASONING is like this: They have to have OUR votes to defeat Obama. If we stay home, Obama wins in a LANDSLIDE. I predict a margin of 30,000,000 votes. He may end up winning every state. It will be a bloodbath.

6. But if hard-core Conservative's have ONE hope it's that Romney wins and dies in office the next day with a Sarah Palin type VP ascending the throne. That hope is too slim for me to waste my vote on Romney. I can't do that! It will be Obama in a landslide!

16 posted on 02/02/2012 11:37:35 AM PST by Doc Savage ("I've shot people I like a lot more,...for a lot less!" Raylan Givins)

To: ZX12R

Maybe it’s blowback for Perry’s vulture capitalism and Newt’s responses i.e. Romney investing in Freddie & Fannie.

Probably Trump protecting his rump;)

17 posted on 02/02/2012 11:38:20 AM PST by sodpoodle ( Newt - God has tested him for a reason...... to celebrate life and embrace the future.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: I cannot think of a name

You are not alone. Trump is a joke and a charlatan.

18 posted on 02/02/2012 11:38:43 AM PST by icwhatudo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

So finally we really do have the party of the RICH REPUBLICANS.

19 posted on 02/02/2012 11:39:35 AM PST by annieokie

Good, since they both love to FIRE people, they can go on a FIRING BINGE together.

20 posted on 02/02/2012 11:39:55 AM PST by Reagan69 (I supported Sarah Palin and all I got was a lousy DVD !)

Woop de doo! For the last 48 hours this has been the news. Trump’s endorsement means as much as Bill Gates’. Zero to the common man. If anything he’s now shown his true colors and what a Trump presidency would’ve been like.

21 posted on 02/02/2012 11:43:34 AM PST by albie

To: annieokie
So finally we really do have the party of the RICH REPUBLICANS.

and RINO's and the GOP-e.

22 posted on 02/02/2012 11:44:26 AM PST by nicmarlo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: ZX12R

Trump exposed himself, no more guessing. He used Sarah Palin, Bachmann etc. It looks to me that romney paid trump, same as haley and others. Trump took the cash.

23 posted on 02/02/2012 11:45:18 AM PST by biggredd1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: Doc Savage

If Romney and Santorum believe that such a coupling would convince conservatives to vote for that hypocrisy - they have underestimated the base.

We all realize how Romney’s operatives savaged Sarah and how she was just used by McCain to polish his credentials. We will not be fooled by the rancid Romney and sanctimonious Santorum - neither are fit to shine Sarah’s shoes - or fill them.

24 posted on 02/02/2012 11:45:28 AM PST by sodpoodle ( Newt - God has tested him for a reason...... to celebrate life and embrace the future.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

But not unexpected. The Donald is all about himself and he is the type who would sit by and wait to see who the winner is then jump and throw his support that way. So now we have two super-rich out of touch people in love with one another, so much for Mitt not running as a member of the 1%. I am sure that Axelrod is laughing all the way to the bank so to speak.

25 posted on 02/02/2012 11:46:30 AM PST by redangus

4.Now there is a REASON why Santorum is still sticking around sucking off 10-12 % off Gingrich. It's because he's either WANTS to be the VP choice, or he ALREADY knows he is!!! My guess is that as soon a Gingrich is toast Arlen's Butt-boy will graciously drop-out throwing his support to Romney. He will then become the VP choice.

I agree. Without Palin, McCain would have won few states. Mitt/Santorum what a pair.

You could add up all the people that have seen Rick so far and it would not equal those who saw Sarah at one event in 08. Sarah's crowds were often bigger than Obama's.

Rick is a self-absorbed arrogant punk.

26 posted on 02/02/2012 11:47:10 AM PST by sand88 (Hey Rove et al, I will, with great pleasure, NOT cast a vote for the Statist Mitt.)

Trump would also:

1) purchase tickets on the unsinkable Titanic
2) believe Hitler when he claimed he only wanted part of Czechoslovakia
3) Endorse New Coke as a smashing success
4) State the Bay City Rollers were going to eclipse the Beatles
5) Claim that Beta-Max would outsell VHS

27 posted on 02/02/2012 11:47:17 AM PST by Le Chien Rouge

disappointment?

Trump was never a conservative, he is just a fraud who wants attention

28 posted on 02/02/2012 11:49:22 AM PST by GeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Pursue Happiness)

To: GeronL

Wheee Im so giddy and giggly.

29 posted on 02/02/2012 11:50:27 AM PST by tpuskett
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

Hairhead endorses Airhead.
30 posted on 02/02/2012 11:51:20 AM PST by Eric in the Ozarks (Eh ?)

To: nicmarlo
What in the hell do these RICH REPUBLICAN have in mind for us.

Romney says he's not worried about the Rich! Well hell no, under him they are going to get richer.

Romney says he's not worried about the Poor: Hell No, he is going to give them more.

That just leave us Middle Folks: He will CLEAN OUR PLOW, close more business, with higher minimum wage, Romneycare.

Thats what he means when he says he is looking after the middle class.

31 posted on 02/02/2012 11:57:31 AM PST by annieokie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: GeronL

Yeah, you and I know that - but there are millions of ‘voters’ who admire his eccentricity, his money and his stupid TV show;)

They would follow his lead. I thought his endorsement would help Newt more than it would Romney - as one poster noted ‘two white rich fat cats hanging together’.

He surely didn’t take notice of Romney’s not ‘kissing his ring’ and little appreciation for Newt agreeing to his debate sponsorship. No loyalty there.

32 posted on 02/02/2012 12:00:39 PM PST by sodpoodle ( Newt - God has tested him for a reason...... to celebrate life and embrace the future.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

What a disappointment.

Why? Trump is a clown. And if he changes his mind and endorses Newt at the last minute, Trump will still be a clown.

Trump is all about Trump. He is not and has never been a conservative. The Donald is all about pimping his brand. That's it, nothing more.

33 posted on 02/02/2012 12:03:20 PM PST by Longbow1969

Comment #34 Removed by Moderator

Comment #35 Removed by Moderator

I agree with your last statement the most.

I will not vote for Romney as I would rather Obama win so that the failure of America will be on his party than elect Romney and show that our party can elect someone just as incompetent too.

Let the blame stay on the liberals. Don’t go putting the white Obama in office to help spread the failure.

36 posted on 02/02/2012 12:04:46 PM PST by Jack Burton007 (This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.)

To: Catsrus

“It’s just one rich man endorsing another. Nothing surprising about this. Nothing to see here - move on”

I kind of think it’s surprising. The Palins have either endorsed, partially endorsed, or leaned toward Gingrich. I thought there was a close relationship between Palin and the Donald.
I can understand this endorsement and I think it would have been good if any of the candidates had received it. It means we’re ready to do business. Get it on. Stop with the social judgements for just a while. Get the economy going. Get a job done. Get families back together. Let business grow without government reaching into every aspect of life. Many of our social problems will disappear or lessen if the economy is good for the middle class. I mean MANY of our problems because even churches have suffered as a result of families having no money. I hope more captains of industry will step up to the plate. I’m not talking about investors.

37 posted on 02/02/2012 12:04:46 PM PST by FryingPan101 (My taglines always lose.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

NJ leftists will now support romney.

LLS

38 posted on 02/02/2012 12:12:23 PM PST by LibLieSlayer (Hey repubic elite scumbags... jam mitt up your collective arses!)

To: All

Just watched a short clip of Trump on CNN stating he has spent the last couple of months talking with Romney - thought his last two debates were good and that he is the only one talking about how China is ripping us off - is right on OPEC.

Has Romney ever expressed an original thought or policy about anything to the American people??????????? I don’t remember China passing his lips.

39 posted on 02/02/2012 12:16:40 PM PST by sodpoodle ( Newt - God has tested him for a reason...... to celebrate life and embrace the future.)

To: albie

What happened to the big 12:30 PM press conference Trump was supposed to hold? I haven’t heard or seen anything else about it.

40 posted on 02/02/2012 12:18:54 PM PST by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: LibLieSlayer

Does this mean Romney has promised to take a whack at Obama’s eligibility?

I almost laughed myself off the chair.

41 posted on 02/02/2012 12:21:30 PM PST by King Hawk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

Disappointment?

Trump is a clown. Nobody will be swayed by this clown’s endorsement anyway.

42 posted on 02/02/2012 12:21:47 PM PST by free me (heartless=no humanity)

Really who gives a sh*t who Trump endorses? I have turned off Greta after she keep bringing him as a regular guest. Trump is all about publicity and he knows how to oil his image. Ban all Trump threads now and forever and I’d have said this even if he endorsed Gingrich. The man is a buffoon and irrelevant, pure and simple.

43 posted on 02/02/2012 12:26:41 PM PST by Steelfish (ui)

Wow. This endorsement will certainly prove that Willard cares about poor people.

So is Willard now a “birther” and pro trade war with China??

Curious minds would like to know. :-)

44 posted on 02/02/2012 12:27:36 PM PST by Right_in_Virginia

To: AnnGora

“I’d take a Todd Palin endorsement over a Donald Trump endorsement anytime.”

AMEN

...actually, Trump and the other Billionaires are working for 0bamao, so no real loss...

ymmv

45 posted on 02/02/2012 12:28:09 PM PST by ElectionInspector (Molon Labe...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Trump might just as well endorse a turd for all the impact his view has on those who know better.

46 posted on 02/02/2012 12:28:27 PM PST by SoldierDad (Proud dad of an Army Soldier who has survived 24 months of Combat deployment.)

To: free me

I hope it hurts Myth!

47 posted on 02/02/2012 12:30:06 PM PST by Red_Devil 232 (VietVet - USMC All Ready On The Right? All Ready On The Left? All Ready On The Firing Line!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: free me

Though some on here were delighted when it looked like he was going to endorse Gingrich. But yes, does it really make a difference?

Tweet by The People’s Cube (conservative satire site):
HEADLINE: Trump endorses self, calls self to congratulate

48 posted on 02/02/2012 12:31:04 PM PST by raccoonradio
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Steelfish

Have to confess I thought a Gingrich endorsement would stifle the ‘Romney surge suck ups’ in the press. I was wrong;)

I promise not to post another thread on the hairy fairy and his BFF Mitt.

Go Newt!

49 posted on 02/02/2012 12:32:54 PM PST by sodpoodle ( Newt - God has tested him for a reason...... to celebrate life and embrace the future.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: sand88
Rick is a self-absorbed arrogant punk.

In the book Sellout
The house Special Prosecutor tells how he and Henry Hyde had a meeting with Trent Lott AND Rick Santorum
BOTH were trying to convince them not to impeach and didn't want the responsibility dumped om the Senate
50 posted on 02/02/2012 12:34:53 PM PST by uncbob
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-79 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson