Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

WOW!!! Madonna is really bad. (no talent hack alert)
none | 2-5-2012 | Me

Posted on 02/05/2012 5:24:10 PM PST by Ouderkirk

Wow....watching the Ho madonna has made be want to hurl.

What a no talent hack. I can't believe that they hired her for such a gig

TOPICS: Chit/Chat; Music/Entertainment; Sports
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151 next last
To: Chickensoup

EXACTLY! Where are the marching band half-time shows anymore? All we get is diatribe from the commentaries and garbage like tonight... I long for the half-time shows of yore.

101 posted on 02/05/2012 6:46:15 PM PST by lyby ("Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe." ~ Galileo Galilei)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 88 | View Replies]

To: Yaelle
His music was amazing. I just hated most of the lyrics...

This is why I like his recent work better. Whether it is his age, or he finally realizes that if he has the talent he doesn't need to shock, he has toned down the lyrics and you don't have to look past that.

Right now he is just a really good musician and is very entertaining.

DMSR

The Question of U

Live at the Alladin

102 posted on 02/05/2012 6:47:21 PM PST by Vince Ferrer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

To: Larry Lucido

Yep, puppy bowl was the place to be during halftime. I just dislike the modern “dance” tremendously, it’s so tasteless and that squatting the women do looks like they’re trying to deliver a baby or poop (am I allowed to say that?). Just icky!

103 posted on 02/05/2012 6:50:32 PM PST by pepperdog (Why are Democrats Afraid of a Voter ID Law?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: lyby

I would love to see bands and I think one year the cameras picked out people in the audience. during the band music. It was fun. The Obama-rama shows (all greek columns and smoke) are boring and trite. No meaning except in the moment.

104 posted on 02/05/2012 6:50:56 PM PST by Chickensoup (In the 20th century 200 million people were killed by their own governments.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 101 | View Replies]

To: GOP Poet
Give me a break for the initial poster. Like that ass typing most likely his or her ass on the couch. Let's see their game. Bet it ain't much.

LOL! This!

I was only disappointed Madonna didn't break out her inner Pantera (where she conjures up some Dimebag-inspired riffage at the 4:27 mark).

105 posted on 02/05/2012 6:52:41 PM PST by Drew68
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 92 | View Replies]

To: Eastbound

This picture brings to mind the Fibonacci Sequence!

106 posted on 02/05/2012 6:53:56 PM PST by lyby ("Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe." ~ Galileo Galilei)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 98 | View Replies]

To: All

Just read that one of her dancers flipped off the audience during the show. How classy is that?

107 posted on 02/05/2012 6:56:28 PM PST by navymom1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 106 | View Replies]

To: Dryman

I saw her stumble. I also saw her lip synching he way through every song. I don’t know why people are raving about her faux singing.

108 posted on 02/05/2012 6:57:51 PM PST by CaptainK (...please make it stop. Shake a can of pennies at it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies]

To: GOP Poet; God luvs America
She also covered her body and no massive 'do me' gyrations.

In other words, Madonna no longer possesses a body inwhich she can pull off the pleasable 'do me gyration' routine.'

She's always been a style rather than substance loser, outside the liberal/gay community.

109 posted on 02/05/2012 7:00:34 PM PST by Grizzled Bear (No More RINOS!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 92 | View Replies]

To: Chickensoup

And the marching bands ARE full of talent and excitement! I have friends who are involved with competitions - and they are EXCITING and GREAT music!

110 posted on 02/05/2012 7:02:10 PM PST by lyby ("Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe." ~ Galileo Galilei)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 104 | View Replies]

To: CaptainK

That show was awful. Madonna needs more lip-syncing classes and maybe a reason to do it.

111 posted on 02/05/2012 7:03:22 PM PST by eyedigress ((Old storm chaser from the west)/?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 108 | View Replies]

To: dforest

Of course she looks fit she drinks donkey semen

112 posted on 02/05/2012 7:07:47 PM PST by al baby (Hi Mom)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

To: dforest

Of course she looks fit she drinks donkey semen

113 posted on 02/05/2012 7:08:02 PM PST by al baby (Hi Mom)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

To: al baby

domestic, imported, or wild???

114 posted on 02/05/2012 7:10:37 PM PST by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 113 | View Replies]

To: al baby

Oh man, you could have just told me that one time. Yuck:)

115 posted on 02/05/2012 7:11:45 PM PST by dforest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 113 | View Replies]

To: Ouderkirk

She was looking bad too. I don’t think Laz would even hit it. ;^)

116 posted on 02/05/2012 7:13:37 PM PST by BOBWADE (RINOs suck)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: bigheadfred

Of course free range

117 posted on 02/05/2012 7:13:37 PM PST by al baby (Hi Mom)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 114 | View Replies]

To: martin_fierro

We stayed at the party we were at because the fiancee’ wanted to see Madonna just in case there might be a wardrobe malfunction. I guess she had to tame it down for the superbowl TV audience. It was pretty bad. We made it through the first couple of minutes and then left.

118 posted on 02/05/2012 7:19:22 PM PST by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: estrogen

Begining theatrics was a good start and then it fell flat. We need Ozzie

119 posted on 02/05/2012 7:31:40 PM PST by ronnie raygun (V)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

You’re a troll because that was

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

120 posted on 02/05/2012 7:33:46 PM PST by Domandred (Fdisk, format, and reinstall the entire .gov system.)

To: Pappy Smear

I’m surprised she didn’t include a video montage where Republicans were shown alongside Hitler and Mugabe, like she did on her last tour.

121 posted on 02/05/2012 7:36:33 PM PST by dfwgator (Don't wake up in a roadside ditch. Get rid of Romney.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: Drew68

Bring back “Up With People!”

122 posted on 02/05/2012 7:38:28 PM PST by dfwgator (Don't wake up in a roadside ditch. Get rid of Romney.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

Not a Madonna fan, but thought it was a great half-time show. The best in years. Big production, great effects. Who cares if she lip-synced; it was a football half-time show, not a concert. Sure beat the Black-eyed Peas, ugh!

123 posted on 02/05/2012 7:40:02 PM PST by Jenny217
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 121 | View Replies]

To: rickomatic

Yes, you saw it. ABC radio news mentioned it in their top of the hour blurb. I think they said her name is MIA.

124 posted on 02/05/2012 7:48:35 PM PST by Yardstick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Nope Prince is the best in recent history. The guy was amazing. He is one bad as guitar player.. And when he sang Purple Rain, every one at the party i was at had their jaws wide open in awe of the guy. I do admit Madowhore did pretty good for a zombie!

125 posted on 02/05/2012 7:49:20 PM PST by crazydad
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

I thought Art Garfunkle on a tightrope was funny.

126 posted on 02/05/2012 7:52:56 PM PST by dead (I've got my eye out for Mullah Omar.)

This was absolutely horrendous.
Not only does this non songwriting self promoting hack lack talent, but she can’t even perform without lip synching. And she can’t even lip synch well.
She might as well have a CGI perform her covers.
Lip synching should be banned and only real performers should perform.

127 posted on 02/05/2012 7:54:04 PM PST by hecht (Murray use your coaster)

Seemed like self promotion more than anything to me.

128 posted on 02/05/2012 8:13:58 PM PST by Wu (Excuse me while I kiss the sky......)

To: dfwgator

“Up, up with people, you meet `em wherever you go”

I’ve always wondered how Ethel Merman would cover Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love.”
The insectile droning, then the growling `R-R-R-R-R-R want a whole lot of love, a whole lotta love ... ‘

I think she’d nail it, but guess we’ll never know.
(”There’s NO business like SHOW business, NO business I know...”)

129 posted on 02/05/2012 8:18:59 PM PST by tumblindice (No Romney, no way, no how)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 122 | View Replies]

To: tumblindice
I’ve always wondered how Ethel Merman would cover Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love.” The insectile droning, then the growling `R-R-R-R-R-R want a whole lot of love, a whole lotta love ... ‘

ROFL! I don't care who you are, that there is funny!

130 posted on 02/05/2012 8:26:48 PM PST by Talisker (Apology accepted, Captain Needa.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 129 | View Replies]

Exactly what I thought. Not bad for a 50something, but not what you expect from someone who gets paid what she does. I wondered if she toned it down after she nearly fell toward the beginning on those bleachers with those shoes. At my age I know better than to dance on bleachers with high heels.

131 posted on 02/05/2012 8:27:20 PM PST by brytlea (An ounce of chocolate is worth a pound of cure)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: dirtboy
I think this one was best: Tom Petty 2008

I totally agree. Hands down, the best half-time show in my memory.

132 posted on 02/05/2012 8:28:38 PM PST by Auntie Mame (Fear not tomorrow. God is already there.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 66 | View Replies]

The most shocking thing about her act was that she ADDED clothing to her costume as she went on.

133 posted on 02/05/2012 8:30:22 PM PST by tioga

I didn't waste my time watching halftime but I always figured Madonna's primary talent was squeezing her breasts into brassieres shaped like ice cream cones.
134 posted on 02/05/2012 8:40:52 PM PST by hinckley buzzard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHkkc3SQFg

Much better. Shania Twain Superbowl show.

135 posted on 02/05/2012 8:52:27 PM PST by Syntyr (Happiness is two at low eight!)

If it’s pop culture, does it really matter if it’s bad?

136 posted on 02/05/2012 9:22:41 PM PST by The_Media_never_lie

Excellent! The girl’s been practicing her guitar. Great link. Thanks!

137 posted on 02/05/2012 9:38:29 PM PST by GOP Poet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 105 | View Replies]

To: Grizzled Bear
In other words, Madonna no longer possesses a body inwhich she can pull off the pleasable 'do me gyration' routine.'

You're kidding right? Madonna (on a bad day for Madonna) is still in better shape then ANY, ANY woman her age GUARANTEED! Honey.

I have the same genetics and work out with a figure like hers in my mid forties and let's just say when 18-29 year old girl find out my age they without exception are speechless and don't believe it. Can't find a girl within two decades that can hold a candle to my power, strength, balance, endurance where I live. Madonna would be right there and she's a much better dancer! Plus she's ten years older.

If Madonna's naked body was before you now I a can assure you, you'd be drooling in awe and beg her. Then she'd read your post, laugh, and move on.

138 posted on 02/05/2012 9:50:08 PM PST by GOP Poet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 109 | View Replies]

Man, are the people saying she was good joking, drunk on their butts, or what?

139 posted on 02/05/2012 9:57:55 PM PST by steve86 (Acerbic by nature, not nurture (Could be worst in 40 years))

To: Vince Ferrer

His current religion would not allow the scummy lyrics. I remember how michael Jackson when he was a fellow Jehovah’s witness had to tone down e lyrics of Thriller. But yes, he must be older and less wolfish.

I admire his brains so much. His changing his name to a symbol because the bloodsucking record co “owned” his name was intellectual property GENIUS. No one got it at the time; we all thought it was some crazy star mentality like “no blue m&ms backstage” but it was pure business sense.

140 posted on 02/06/2012 12:09:05 AM PST by Yaelle (Go Santorum!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 102 | View Replies]

I thought it was a good show. She looked good and even if she was lip synching, it was very well done. We missed the obscene garbage that the other low lifes did, so at the end we both thought it was one of the better shows.
141 posted on 02/06/2012 5:05:08 AM PST by Caipirabob (I say we take off and Newt the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...)

To: GOP Poet
I have the same genetics and work out with a figure like hers in my mid forties...

Can't really convince us unless you post pics....8^)

The rest of your post I agree with.

142 posted on 02/06/2012 5:18:22 AM PST by raybbr (People who still support Obama are either a Marxist or a moron.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 138 | View Replies]

To: Yaelle
we all thought it was some crazy star mentality like “no blue m&ms backstage”

There was a very simple and practical reason Van Halen had a "no brown M&Ms" clause written into their tour rider. Hint: It was an early-warning flag.

Business Advice From Van Halen

143 posted on 02/06/2012 5:27:59 AM PST by Drew68
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 140 | View Replies]

To: Caipirabob

I noticed that the women in the house were rapt and the men weren’t paying attention.

144 posted on 02/06/2012 5:43:17 AM PST by Poser (Cogito ergo Spam - I think, therefore I ham)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 141 | View Replies]

this is one of the better half time shows.

I agree, it was quite classy and I especially enjoyed the backup gospel singers (I think that's what they were). As for the ending, it was great and very well done.

That classless finger by the gal in MIA was nothing more than a publicity generating stunt and tainted what was otherwise a good halftime show.

145 posted on 02/06/2012 5:58:25 AM PST by Hot Tabasco (The only solution to this primary is a shoot out! Last person standing picks the candidate)

It just occured to me, was that gospel group the same group that was singing in last year’s Chrysler 300 commercial?

146 posted on 02/06/2012 6:19:52 AM PST by Hot Tabasco (The only solution to this primary is a shoot out! Last person standing picks the candidate)

I had the game scheduled to record on my Dish but while I was outside with the snowblower removing our latest snow dump on a warm sunny Alaskan day my grandkids stopped the recording to watch Spongebob, however I came back in the house and saw what happened I got the recording started again at the start of the half time.

I saw just a few minutes of Madonna later on when I was done in the yard and I skipped her whole show, I also skipped all the commercials, though I hear the Chevy 2012 commercial was kinda cool.

147 posted on 02/06/2012 6:33:33 AM PST by Eye of Unk (Liberals need not reply.)

To: All

When they autopsied Michael Jackson, they found that he had some arthritis in his spine and extremities. Madonna is probably much the same way at her age, maybe more so since women lose a significant amount of hormones at menopause. So fair enough. Nobody was expecting her to have the agility she had in 1986.

Because ever since Janet Jackson, the NFL won’t dare do anything where risque stuff might happen. 80s Madonna would have been a no-no, but they figured nowadays she’s safe and wouldn’t have any wardrobe malfunctions.

I bet $10 they’ll have a 54-year old Lady Gaga do the HT show in 2040. :)

148 posted on 02/06/2012 8:45:50 AM PST by Strk321
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 147 | View Replies]

To: Strk321

Gaga won’t make it to 54...she’s too much into drugs, say what you will about Madonna, she’s pretty much stayed away from drugs.

149 posted on 02/06/2012 8:48:28 AM PST by dfwgator (Don't wake up in a roadside ditch. Get rid of Romney.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 148 | View Replies]

To: FlyVet

i LOVE Sidewinder and SSgt Angie Johnson’s rendition of Rolling in the Deep is FANTASTIC!

150 posted on 02/06/2012 8:53:26 AM PST by xsmommy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-150151 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson