Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

COLORADO GOP CHAIR: SANTORUM WINS [Wow!!!!!!Hat-Trick!!! Clean Sweep!]
February 07, 2012

Posted on 02/07/2012 10:19:03 PM PST by Steelfish

Just in on CNN: The Colorado GOP Chair says Santorum Wins CO! 78% reporting. El Paso County in CO puts Santorum over the top 1300 margin in this county.

TOPICS: Chit/Chat
KEYWORDS: 2012; colorado; elections; santorum
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-57 next last

1 posted on 02/07/2012 10:19:05 PM PST by Steelfish
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Steelfish

Nice Colorado Win for Santorum by 5 percentage points. Last time Romney won CO in 2008 with 60% of the vote.

2 posted on 02/07/2012 10:20:35 PM PST by Steelfish (ui)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: afraidfortherepublic; American Constitutionalist; Antoninus; AuH2ORepublican; BlackElk; ...
Santorum for President Ping List.

FReepmail “Antoninus” to be added or removed.

3 posted on 02/07/2012 10:20:56 PM PST by Lazlo in PA (Now living in a newly minted Red State.)

See Rick Run, Run Rick Run!!!!

4 posted on 02/07/2012 10:21:11 PM PST by mykdsmom (FUBO)

WOO HOO!!! Go Rick! NO Mitt!

5 posted on 02/07/2012 10:24:34 PM PST by Lady4Liberty (Watch Romney endorse Obama's radical liberal agenda: http://youtu.be/i1fThdWagJ4)

HAT TRICK!!!

6 posted on 02/07/2012 10:24:41 PM PST by Lazlo in PA (Now living in a newly minted Red State.)

To: Lazlo in PA

It’s good to see Mitt cry.

7 posted on 02/07/2012 10:24:51 PM PST by dragonblustar (Allah Ain't So Akbar!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: dragonblustar

Lets see if Romney turns his carpet bombing campaign against Santorum. I think part of the reason he lost tonight, is the fact that their may be a backlash against Romney for using that technique in Florida.

8 posted on 02/07/2012 10:27:32 PM PST by WILLIALAL
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: mykdsmom

I voted for Rick this morning.

9 posted on 02/07/2012 10:29:41 PM PST by unkus (Silence Is Consent)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Nice! Santorum now has 4 States. Romney needs to be thrashed decisively on Super Tuesday. Time for Gingrich to gracefully bow out or else Romney wins Super Tuesday on a divided conservative vote.

10 posted on 02/07/2012 10:29:55 PM PST by Steelfish (ui)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

BLOW OUT!!! Final Numbers...

RICK 40%

Milt 34%

Confirmed on FOX by CO GOP Chairman

11 posted on 02/07/2012 10:30:56 PM PST by Lazlo in PA (Now living in a newly minted Red State.)

Hot damn!

12 posted on 02/07/2012 10:31:36 PM PST by unkus (Silence Is Consent)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

But Mitt is the electable candidate, right?

13 posted on 02/07/2012 10:33:11 PM PST by Darren McCarty (Rick Santorum in the primary)

Alot of our FREEPER friend’s heads are exploding. It is going to get even more ugly around here. The smears and negativity towards an honorable, moral, principled man is going to go full bore. Santorum as the front runner is going to get it from here and media.

14 posted on 02/07/2012 10:33:56 PM PST by napscoordinator (Go Santorum! Go Patriots! America's poses)

To: Darren McCarty
Maybe not so much.

15 posted on 02/07/2012 10:36:53 PM PST by Lazlo in PA (Now living in a newly minted Red State.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Since Romney won CO last time, losing CO this time is an even larger defeat for him.

Watch Romney polish up his smear machine.

16 posted on 02/07/2012 10:36:57 PM PST by Sun (Pray that God sends us good leaders. Please say a prayer now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

This is the best news I heard all year!

17 posted on 02/07/2012 10:39:05 PM PST by Steve Van Doorn (*in my best Eric Cartman voice* 'I love you, guys')

To: napscoordinator

I will vote for whoever our nominee is - unless its Romney. I don’t like the Alinsky tactics he has used and probably will continue to use in this race. He’s no better than Obama in this aspect and it makes me sick.

Go Rick! Go Newt! I’m fine with either one of them.

18 posted on 02/07/2012 10:39:05 PM PST by Catsrus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Live results - 100% reporting
Colorado
Updated 11:19 p.m. EST, Feb 7, 2012
Republicans »VotesVote%

Santorum
40%

Romney
35%

Gingrich
13%

Paul
12%
100% reporting

19 posted on 02/07/2012 10:39:16 PM PST by G Larry (I dream of a day when a man is judged by the content of his character)

You bet! I was flamed earlier on when I posted stuff saying that Gingrich was NOT the alternative to Romney.

Feb. 28 on Super Tuesday will be determinative. Gingrich needs to honorably drop out. Gingrich trails women voters by 20-points, Obama thrashes Gingrich by over 12-points in Gallup-USA, and Gingrich has that Cap-and-Trade and $1.6m FreedieMac albatross strung over his neck.

20 posted on 02/07/2012 10:41:30 PM PST by Steelfish (ui)

To: Sun

“Watch Romney polish up his smear machine.”

Exactly, that seems to be his standard when he feels threatened, is to turn vicious attack ads at his challenger. Look at Florida, he doesn’t confront his opponents with better arguments, but with attack ads.

I think it is becoming evident to GOP voters. Mitt has a very dark side.

21 posted on 02/07/2012 10:41:34 PM PST by WILLIALAL
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

It is going to get even more ugly around here. The smears and negativity towards an honorable, moral, principled man is going to go full bore.

Just shrug it off and keep fighting for Rick. If they want to take their fight against Rick into the gutter with irrational smears, that is their problem. I'm not playing.

22 posted on 02/07/2012 10:41:58 PM PST by Lazlo in PA (Now living in a newly minted Red State.)

“Alot of our FREEPER friend’s heads are exploding. It is going to get even more ugly around here.”

Shit like this oughta help calm things down.

23 posted on 02/07/2012 10:43:55 PM PST by jessduntno ("Newt Gingrich was part of the Reagan Revolution's Murderers' Row." - Jeffrey Lord, Reagan Admin.)

LOL! Nice try.

But congrats to Rick, and cry me a river, Mittens.

24 posted on 02/07/2012 10:50:11 PM PST by moonhawk (Romney tuck's his tail and licks the hand that beats him. Newt rips it off at the shoulder.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: jessduntno

Hope it doesn’t. They have been nasty. Hopefully eating that crow will change their ways.

25 posted on 02/07/2012 10:52:01 PM PST by napscoordinator (A moral principled Christian with character is the frontrunner! Congrats Santorum!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

Watch Romney polish up his smear machine.

It will be coming to Santorum very soon.

26 posted on 02/07/2012 10:52:35 PM PST by Red Steel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Santorum has two firsts.

First to win a state in 2012: IOWA

First to win three contests on one night.

This will be good for PR, name visibility, additional endorsements and most importantly contributions which he needs to build up in February to then go and further beat the snot out of Mitty Romney in March. PS when are the next debates, anyone know?? Git out the popcorn.

27 posted on 02/07/2012 10:54:01 PM PST by AmericanInTokyo (Santorum is worth a good second look, my friends. Why is it the media and White House hate him so?)

yahoooo!

28 posted on 02/07/2012 10:54:09 PM PST by fabian (" And a new day will dawn for those who stand long, and the forests will echo with laughter")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: dragonblustar

I want to hear, SEE the likes of Karl Rove, Ann Coulter et al ad vomitum tomorrow on the talk shows. ;-) Hee hee hee. Somebody just urinated in their bowl of cornflakes! ;-)

29 posted on 02/07/2012 10:55:42 PM PST by AmericanInTokyo (Santorum is worth a good second look, my friends. Why is it the media and White House hate him so?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Just in on CNN: The Colorado GOP Chair says Santorum Wins CO! 78% reporting. El Paso County in CO puts Santorum over the top 1300 margin in this county.

In my local, it was 47 votes for Santo; 21 votes for Gingrich; 14 votes for Romney LoL and RuPaul 9 votes.

Once I saw that El Paso was going to be late reporting after the Denver Metro and Boulder counties already reported, I knew it was over for Romney.

30 posted on 02/07/2012 10:58:53 PM PST by Red Steel

“Hope it doesn’t. They have been nasty. Hopefully eating that crow will change their ways.”

What an image...eating a black bird while listening to an old buzzard crow.

31 posted on 02/07/2012 11:01:17 PM PST by jessduntno ("Newt Gingrich was part of the Reagan Revolution's Murderers' Row." - Jeffrey Lord, Reagan Admin.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: WILLIALAL; Red Steel

Mitt already had one attack ad against Rick, but it sure didn’t work this time. Haha.

Mitt can only attack, because he hasn’t much to offer.

32 posted on 02/07/2012 11:18:20 PM PST by Sun (Pray that God sends us good leaders. Please say a prayer now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: AmericanInTokyo

The next debate is on CNN on February 22.

33 posted on 02/07/2012 11:18:34 PM PST by Pinkbell
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

“Mitt can only attack, because he hasn’t much to offer.”

I think that will start to become clearer during the next few weeks, as he turns up the attacks on Santorum.

34 posted on 02/07/2012 11:22:09 PM PST by WILLIALAL
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

Sweep......sweet news!!! Take that establishment!

35 posted on 02/07/2012 11:48:24 PM PST by God'sgrrl (@Women4Santorum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Sen Santorum should be VERY proud. Well done.

36 posted on 02/08/2012 12:10:48 AM PST by PghBaldy (Person at RP's “Campaign for Liberty”, sold "Protocols of Elders of Zion" for 3 years on C4L site)

And of course Newt never had to undergo such, right?

Up to now Rick was floating around the edges and never figured in the fray, but now there will be much exposed about Mr. Pork. Lets see how he fares as the most recent threat to Mittens.

37 posted on 02/08/2012 12:51:00 AM PST by Sea Parrot (You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adam)

Romney is like Sméagol /Gollum feeling his opportunity slipping away like “ My Percious “ Ring.

38 posted on 02/08/2012 2:03:48 AM PST by American Constitutionalist (The fool has said in his heart, " there is no GOD " ..)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

“I want to hear, SEE the likes of Karl Rove, Ann Coulter et al ad vomitum tomorrow on the talk shows. ;-) “

They’ll be frothing at the mouth. LOL Add Laura Ingraham to that list.

39 posted on 02/08/2012 2:51:49 AM PST by stilloftyhenight (99 weeks = associates degree)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

A month or so ago,I said I would never vote for Romney or Newt.That I would probably vote for Santorum or if he wasnt available,Id vote nobody.People of Freerepublic said Santorum had no chance and Couch Potato Beltway Newt was our only chance.So what is everyone saying now?

40 posted on 02/08/2012 3:05:51 AM PST by Craftmore

To: Craftmore

{{{crickets}}}

41 posted on 02/08/2012 3:29:08 AM PST by ez (When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

To: ez
I said several months ago that I thought the nomination would not be won in the first ballot. Last night just proves that this thing is wide open.

In fact I will go out on a limb and say that there is a 50% chance that the candidate may not be one of the four left.

42 posted on 02/08/2012 3:33:43 AM PST by catfish1957 (Save a Pretzel for the Gas Jets!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

To: stilloftyhenight
Just proves that conservatives are not sheep. We don't care who the media (even conservative media) thinks is best.

My biggest fear is that when it comes convention time, and Myth is sitting with 40%+ of the delegates. Watch for some dim tactics where floor delegates are bullied by the GOP establishment in the subsequent ballots. Get the popcorn ready, it is going to be an exciting summer.

43 posted on 02/08/2012 3:39:16 AM PST by catfish1957 (Save a Pretzel for the Gas Jets!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

It isn’t over yet.

44 posted on 02/08/2012 4:02:14 AM PST by Reagan69 (I supported Sarah Palin and all I got was a lousy DVD !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

Mitt Romney LOST Minnesota and Colorado, states he WON in 2008...

Pack it up, SnippyMcMittCare - GTFO...

45 posted on 02/08/2012 4:44:54 AM PST by Caipirabob (I say we take off and Newt the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...)

I want to hear, SEE the likes of Karl Rove, Ann Coulter et al ad vomitum tomorrow on the talk shows. ;-) Hee hee hee. Somebody just urinated in their bowl of cornflakes! ;-)

BTTT! It was one thing to see Rove go all in for Mitt and not all that shocking, but I am VERY surprised that Coulter has been over the top vocal for Mitt. What, she is all about the win now? Mitt seems to have the money, the organization, the nice hair and a good debate style so let's support him? This has been a very eye opening primary season if nothing else. Some true colors are being shed.
46 posted on 02/08/2012 6:29:07 AM PST by Eagle of Liberty (We the People are coming!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Anyone who challenges Mitt gets smeared. It doesn’t matter who - just that they challenged Mitt. That is all I need to know about voting for Mitt...

Between Newt & Santorum...I could go either way. I prefer Newt, but certainly wouldn’t attack Santorum over him.

47 posted on 02/08/2012 6:44:10 AM PST by Mr Rogers ("they found themselves made strangers in their own country")

Not sure if I like this or not...
On one hand I’d rather have Rick than Mitt. At least Rick is a SOCIAL conservative (not much of a track record when it comes to fiscal conservatism). There isn’t a conservative bone in Mitt’s body.

On the other hand I think it will hurt Gingrich by further splitting the anti-romney vote. This will ultimately help Romney :(

48 posted on 02/08/2012 8:08:11 AM PST by libdestroyer

there’s nothing “honorable” about wasteful earmark spending. Rick Santorum is the king of that. Social conservatism is a nice START but...

IT’S THE ECONOMY STUPID! (not calling you stupid btw :))

49 posted on 02/08/2012 8:10:30 AM PST by libdestroyer

To: libdestroyer

I agree that earmarks were unnecessary but it was done by everyone until early 2006. McCain was the biggest anti-earmark guy out there but still took some. I don’t think earmarks are going to be a big negative for Santorum. Now Santorum is going to have to give his economic policy so everyone understands what he will do. I don’t have any idea what this primary will conclude. Any of them probably has a chance. The scariest thing of all is that McCain lost 13 states after Florida and still went on to win the nomination. That really freaks me out to be honest with you.

50 posted on 02/08/2012 8:15:59 AM PST by napscoordinator (A moral principled Christian with character is the frontrunner! Congrats Santorum!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-57 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson