Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: afraidfortherepublic

I have a 16 year old basenji. I dread the day that I’ll have to make that trip to the vet for him. After Thanksgiving, I thought he was a goner for sure. He was eating those chicken jerky strips that I found out were from China. Somehow, he’s managed to make a significant recovery, but he’s still a little wobbly. I think he may have had a small stroke. You’d never guess it by the way he comes bounding into the house after a walk. This dog has cheated death several times. Run over by a car when he was 3, advanced liver disease when he was 11, and this most recent event. I know he “will not go gently into that good night.” He’s a basenji, after all. One of the most stubborn dogs in the world:-)

11 posted on 02/10/2012 8:20:56 AM PST by toothfairy86
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

To: toothfairy86

I have an 11+ yr. old Golden who has been my constant companion for 10 years. My last Golden was with me for 15+ years, but I know that anything beyond 10 years for this breed is a bonus. Max seems to be in good shape so far, but I know that I have less years ahead of us than I can count behind us.

12 posted on 02/10/2012 8:47:16 AM PST by afraidfortherepublic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson