Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Norm Lenhart
It’s all about building hype and selling downloads. No more, no less.

Except for the unstable souls on the edge who are "validated" by the hype and act on it.

And their victims.

We need to start holding record company executives personally liable (financially and by imprisonment) for any crimes instigated by this stuff.

Freedom of speech does not include the right to shout "FIRE" in a crowded theater; nor "KILL" in a crowded group of unstable fatherless teenagers with access to weapons and no base of morality.

And if someone retorts in reply "you can't PROVE ANYTHING and start autofellating over 'censorship' " -- look how the left reacts to anything promulgating traditional morality, or rejecting gay marriage, etc. etc. Censorship exponentiated, with a helping of supercilious self-righteousness on the side.

Cheers!

7 posted on 02/25/2012 3:47:34 AM PST by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

To: grey_whiskers

Oh I agree. I was just pointing out that most if not all of these brain surgeons have nothing but self interest in mind.

When you get deeper into it, the ‘agenda’ aspect comes into play, but in the examples I listed, the primary force is $$$ obtained from shock value. That they coincide with the agenda is secondary.

The example the OP listed was an indie kid with no record company backing to provide him ‘suggestions’ and steer him. When you start seeing ‘production team’ credits appear in the liner notes, then you can bet the farm that a couple of the songs are very agenda oriented...but $$$ is the primary motivator and the agenda is along for a free ride.

8 posted on 02/25/2012 3:56:31 AM PST by Norm Lenhart (Normie: Wandering Druid, Cult of Palin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

Nicely put.

10 posted on 02/25/2012 4:14:50 AM PST by thoolou ("I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous." - David Bradley, inventor of Ctrl-Alt-Del)

LOL We aren’t holding record liable, while they are suing because their crap got downloaded, pirated.

It’s a screwed up world.

12 posted on 02/25/2012 4:35:17 AM PST by Venturer

Except for the unstable souls on the edge who are “validated” by the hype and act on it.

And their victims.

If my son were murdered by a kid with a gun, I’d want to know if this song was on the shooter’s playlist.

24 posted on 02/25/2012 6:37:43 AM PST by Yaelle (Rick Santorum 2012)

It is kind of ridiculous to think that Don Imus gets fired for his words and the ESPN fellow for “chink in the armor” ... and yet there is an entire industry built on shocking, distasteful, hateful speech and they are richly rewarded for it.

47 posted on 02/25/2012 11:02:35 AM PST by carmody

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson