Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Perdogg; Impy

I concur with several posters in this thread: With an injured neck? Why chance it?

Money? Another ring?

Is it worth the risk? Really?

19 posted on 03/06/2012 8:12:48 PM PST by GOPsterinMA (The Establishment is the establishment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: GOPsterinMA

From what I have heard, his neck is fine. The nerves are something else, but it’s not a paralyzing type thing. I think it’s more about the money, which is going to be an issue for players to deal with in the future NFL. Like anything else, the money will dry up....

25 posted on 03/06/2012 10:32:06 PM PST by b4its2late (Patience is not a virtue, it is a waste of time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

To: GOPsterinMA; Perdogg; darkangel82; b4its2late; Dengar01

Well the Colts gave him like 100 million dollars (plus all his damn commercials) so he doesn’t need the money.

He wants the respect you only get from winning rings. Despite his great regular season numbers (best ever?) he has a mediocre postseason record and only 1 Superbowl that he only got cause top ten worst QB to play in a Superbowl Sexy Rexy had an int returned for six. If not for Rexy we’d be talking about Manning as the new Dan Marino. His rival Brady still has 3, almost had 2 more. Big Ben has 2.

On top of that his little brother now has 2 (at Brady’s expense) much celebrated since he plays in NY. I don’t think he can live with that. Top athletes are super competitive. Some don’t even let their little kids beat them at board games.

And in many minds the day you retire is the day you feel like an old man.

I think he’ll be fine, I’m not worried about his health. Indy would have kept him if they could have possibly afforded to pay him and Luck (with the salary cap not really an option) and if Luck was willing to sit for 3 years which he apparently isn’t (seemed to work for Aaron Rodgers even though Favre didn’t give him the time of day vis-a-vis helping him develop).

If Rex Ryan is smart he’ll offer up his wife. The Mayor of Miami, his daughter.

If Peyton is smart he’ll not take his talent to South Beach nor join the mediocre Jets where his chances of winning aren’t any better then they were with an Indy team that would never have gone better than 8-8 without him and pay a call to San Fran.

I bet he ends up with his brother in NY, while the Sanchize begins his new life as some other teams’ backup.

30 posted on 03/07/2012 2:36:50 AM PST by Impy (!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson