Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

1 posted on 03/07/2012 12:40:56 PM PST by nickcarraway
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: nickcarraway

I majored in Art in college, that is what I got my degree in, well double major Art & Spanish. The Scream is one of my Favorite Paintings! Shows so much energy and emotion.

2 posted on 03/07/2012 12:43:09 PM PST by buffyt (Abortion is murder of a human life!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Seriously, I thought that painting was done by George Kevorkian.....

4 posted on 03/07/2012 12:48:01 PM PST by Hot Tabasco (The only solution to this primary is a shoot out! Last person standing picks the candidate)

“O” ought to buy it to hang over his desk!!

5 posted on 03/07/2012 12:48:14 PM PST by SMARTY ("The man who has no inner-life is a slave to his surroundings. "Henri Frederic Amiel)

6 posted on 03/07/2012 12:48:26 PM PST by PGR88

I have an image of The Scream saved as one of my Outlook signature images for work. The caption under it reads ‘Just another day in paradise...’ I use it a lot.

7 posted on 03/07/2012 12:51:47 PM PST by OriginalChristian (The end of America, as founded, began when the first Career Politician was elected...)

In high school we were taught that the figure is not just randomly screaming; in one version the background looks like an incoming tsunami is about to engulf the boardwalk and the people walking on it.

In another the background depicts a bright red sky which is not sunset but a huge aurora borealis or a high altiude dust cloud from the Krakatoa eruption reflecting sunlight.

Either case, our teacher said the man is depicted as thoroughly frightened by what he sees and fears imminent death.

8 posted on 03/07/2012 1:17:34 PM PST by elcid1970 ("Deport all Muslims. Nuke Mecca now. Death to Islam means freedom for all mankind.")

Oh, I thought that it was an artist’s impression of the reaction to a pic of Ms Fluke.

9 posted on 03/07/2012 1:23:36 PM PST by Da Coyote

Oh, I thought that it was an artist’s impression of the reaction to a pic of Ms Fluke.

10 posted on 03/07/2012 1:23:54 PM PST by Da Coyote

Everybody likes this painting. It’s not technically done well, you can’t rate it up there with the better artists, but it is on the same par with a Van Gogh.

It’s beautiful.

I hope whoever buys it places it out there for the public to see, even if only occasionally.

11 posted on 03/07/2012 1:27:55 PM PST by Beowulf9

13 posted on 03/07/2012 1:36:39 PM PST by Revolting cat! (Let us prey!)

I bought my brother a necktie with the image of The Scream on it many years ago. He said he liked wearing it at board meetings.

14 posted on 03/07/2012 2:04:39 PM PST by OrangeHoof (Obama: The Dr. Kevorkian of the American economy.)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson