Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: fso301

We had a huge tree that needed to be cut down, it was sending huge roots under my house and an umbrella of limbs covered my roof. I couldn’t find anyone to cut it down and several times I was tempted to let my husband do it but it scared me and I begged him not to. He was going to use the backhoe and a couple of tractors and I knew he could do it but I just had a few doubts.

One day I ran into a woman whose son cuts trees down for a living and she said that if he had a weeks worth of work he would come to our town and she’d put me on the list. He showed up one morning and had it cut down in a couple of hours, it was worth every penny I paid him.

17 posted on 03/19/2012 1:58:56 PM PDT by tiki
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

To: tiki

I was grilling some chicken near a massive white oak next to our house last spring when the sky turned dark and it began to rain.
I stepped inside to let the rain pass when a massive lightning bolt hit the tree and carved a double spiral stripe from near the top of the tree to the ground. Inside the house, everything turned bright white when the lightning hit. I would have been killed had I remained outside.

This winter, we hired a trio of good ole Missouri woodsmen and they took the tree down in pieces with one man on the tree with a chainsaw and two guys on ropes to lower the pieces.

The wood is now split and stacked for use in a couple of years.

19 posted on 03/19/2012 2:07:50 PM PDT by Eric in the Ozarks (Beware the Sweater Vest)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson