Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: DiogenesLamp

If I understand it correctly, this is where an actual criminal investigation would have powers that an investigative posse would not have. The posse could ask either Mike Evans or Neil Abercrombie to speak with them but I don’t think it could require them to be deposed. An actual criminal investigation could require depositions, although I’m not sure whether there would first have to be criminal charges filed against somebody.

I don’t know what subpoena powers the posse has, but since there is probable cause for crimes, a criminal investigation should be able to get access to phone records, search warrant records, hospital records, etc, I would think.

The difficult part is that anything that comes from Hawaii is just as likely to be fake as to be genuine - and the posse is aware of that as well. You might remember that Eric Holder is trying (and maybe has succeeded by now) in changing the FOIA rules to allow agencies to lie about the existence of records. Since the OIP aligns their interpretation of HI law to conform to FOIA standards, that could mean that Hawaii can claim that search warrant records don’t exist when they actually do. It could also mean that NARA could say that records for Aug 1-7 don’t exist when they actually do... Etc ad nauseum.

This is why people need to understand that the corruption and crimes WITHIN OUR OWN GOVERNMENT mean that we can never know ANYTHING.

Just looking at the phone records for Mike Evans could be very revealing. I believe when he recanted he claimed that he hadn’t actually spoken with Abercrombie, just somebody in Abercrombie’s office. It would be interesting to see the phone records - for both the time when he would have spoken to Abercrombie AND both phone and e-mail records for the time between his radio claims and the time he recanted. Who all did he speak to before deciding to say that he had never claimed to speak to Abercrombie (which he clearly DID claim in his radio spots).

Evans seems like an honest guy. He came out with these claims all on his own. He would have had the access to Abercrombie that he claimed he had, because of his past dealings with Abercrombie. That he - a man whose livelihood depends upon being credible - would so quickly reverse himself and claim something that is easily disproven by listening to the actual audiotape smacks of pressure and/or threats and actually makes his original claims MORE believable, IMHO.

What Evans said Abercrombie told him fits in well with what Abercrombie told a columnist at the Star-Advertiser (that a month-long investigation had resulted in finding that something was “actually written down” but that this was going to be a real problem for Obama because what they have would not convince doubters - NOT what would be said if the original BC was bound in the book right where it belonged, as Fukino later claimed - and PARTICULARLY not if the BC was also in the security microfilms created in 1961, which is what Arpaio wants to see).

100 posted on 03/22/2012 9:45:09 AM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 98 | View Replies ]

To: butterdezillion

It would have been useful if some old copies of those Honolulu nespapers had been found in attics to confirm or deny the microfilm copies of those birth announcements.

102 posted on 03/22/2012 9:56:56 AM PDT by WhiskeyX
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 100 | View Replies ]

It would have been useful if some old copies of those Honolulu nespapers had been found in attics to confirm or deny the microfilm copies of those birth announcements.

103 posted on 03/22/2012 9:57:11 AM PDT by WhiskeyX

I think he was telling what he believed to be the truth originally, I think he recanted only after the consequences of what he had done came home to roost on him.

104 posted on 03/22/2012 9:59:08 AM PDT by DiogenesLamp (Partus Sequitur Patrem)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson