Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Cops: Accused Prostitute Offered Undercover Officer Sex For Cheeseburgers Off McDonald's Dollar Menu
The Smoking Gun ^ | April 2, 2012 | The Smoking Gun

Posted on 04/02/2012 12:33:56 PM PDT by trailhkr1

click here to read article

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 101-150151-200201-250 ... 3,651-3,691 next last
To: LibreOuMort

For anyone else who worries about getting lost, the chart above with all the months showing as links, can be used to find us.

It’s copied from one I maintain on my about page.

So for anyone in need of guidance into endless realms of inane chatter and bantering, my home page is the place to go.

Wait, that didn’t sound right . . .

151 posted on 04/05/2012 4:41:39 AM PDT by NicknamedBob (I didn't feel up to going through a second childhood. That's why I had myself cloned.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 150 | View Replies]

To: NicknamedBob; LibreOuMort; Monkey Face; fanfan; ColdOne; Cyber Liberty; Anoreth; ThomasThomas; ...

152 posted on 04/05/2012 6:13:26 AM PDT by Tax-chick (Read "Radical Son" by David Horowitz to understand the Left.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 151 | View Replies]

To: LibreOuMort; sionnsar
That is so beautiful! I'm sure sionnsar is very happy with it.

Nothing to panic about! We are always mindful of stragglers when we make The Move, and do our best to seek them out and lure calm them with rum-laced hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies! Lots of TLC!

*hug*

153 posted on 04/05/2012 8:02:18 AM PDT by Monkey Face (I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away..)

To: Tax-chick

LOL!

I’ve seen that in action!

154 posted on 04/05/2012 8:03:29 AM PDT by Monkey Face (I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away..)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 152 | View Replies]

To: Tax-chick; All

Thank you for my first lol of the day!

Good morning, y’all!

155 posted on 04/05/2012 8:26:52 AM PDT by Silentgypsy

To: Monkey Face

There are liners for crockpots? What are they made of? Where do you get them? Would aluminum foil do the same thing? (Please excuse—lotsa errands yesterday so am just catching up.)

156 posted on 04/05/2012 8:45:00 AM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 130 | View Replies]

To: Silentgypsy

Reynolds makes crockpot liners. Made of the same stuff as the baking bags. They are usually on a top shelf, because not too many folks know about them. If you don’t see them, ask for them.

I have used them for years, but the Walmart I go to either doesn’t carry them, or they fly off the shelves. Just line the crock, put in your stuff and when you’re done cooking, gather the top and tie it and throw it out. Simple!

157 posted on 04/05/2012 9:26:31 AM PDT by Monkey Face (I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away..)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 156 | View Replies]

You have just made my day!

Enjoying your new glasses? (Silly question.) I’m happy for you!

Expecting some precipitation here, but we did a lot of errands yesterday. I love the rain. It gives us an excuse to stay in and read.

It’s funny—when you live in the desert and it rains, everything that can possibly stop stops. When you live in the east and it rains, it’s life as usual unless you’re in construction or some such.

We checked on our 83 yo neighbor yesterday after errands. Finally figured out that his dog give us the “heads up” if he’s not feeling fine. She usually shows up for a late morning snack and an early evening snack. When she won’t leave his side at all, we now know to go over and check. Big thank you up to the Creator for dogs!

158 posted on 04/05/2012 9:47:12 AM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 157 | View Replies]

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Southerner?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You’re walking down a
Deserted street with your wife
And two small children.

Suddenly, a Terrorist with a huge knife
Comes around the corner,
Locks eyes with you,
Screams obscenities,
Raises the knife, and charges at you...

You are carrying a
Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.
You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What do you do?

THINK CAREFULLY AND
THEN SCROLL DOWN:

Democrat’s Answer:

* Well, that’s not enough information to answer the question!
* What is a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP?
* Does the man look poor or oppressed?
* Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling?
* Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
* Could we run away?
* What does my wife think?
* What about the kids?
* Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
* What does the law say about this situation?
* Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
* Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
* Is it possible he’d be happy with just killing me?
* Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
* If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
* Should I call 9-1-1?
* Why is this street so deserted?
* We need to raise taxes, have paint & weed day.
* Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
* I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
* This is all so confusing!

............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ........ ......... .
Republican’s Answer:

BANG!

............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ........ ......

Southerner’s Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG ! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click..... (Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
Click

Daughter: ‘Nice grouping, Daddy!’
‘Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?!

Son: ‘Can I shoot the next one?!’

Wife: ‘You ain’t taking that to the Taxidermist!

159 posted on 04/05/2012 10:56:02 AM PDT by null and void (Day 1171 of America's ObamaVacation from reality [Heroes aren't made, Frank, they're cornered...])
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 158 | View Replies]

To: null and void

LOL!!!!!! That was a good one. Thanks.

160 posted on 04/05/2012 11:12:06 AM PDT by LibreOuMort (Sionnsar my Love, sweet music to my heart, Tha mi fo bhron nach eil thu an seo!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 159 | View Replies]

It seemed a good response to your attempt to censer the thread at post #150...

161 posted on 04/05/2012 11:17:59 AM PDT by null and void (Day 1171 of America's ObamaVacation from reality [Heroes aren't made, Frank, they're cornered...])
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 160 | View Replies]

Thank you for my second lol of the day! *Priceless*!

162 posted on 04/05/2012 11:43:59 AM PDT by Silentgypsy

To: null and void; LibreOuMort

That was good! I needed a laugh.

163 posted on 04/05/2012 11:55:48 AM PDT by Monkey Face

I like the glasses, I guess. The bows have to be adjusted a little though, so I may go to Walmart to have them do it. But not today. I’m not going any farther than the mailbox today!

164 posted on 04/05/2012 11:57:46 AM PDT by Monkey Face
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 158 | View Replies]

At least you can see farther than the mailbox!

165 posted on 04/05/2012 12:25:23 PM PDT by null and void (Day 1171 of America's ObamaVacation from reality [Heroes aren't made, Frank, they're cornered...])
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 164 | View Replies]

THAT, my dear, is a HUGH bonus! ;o]

166 posted on 04/05/2012 12:30:08 PM PDT by Monkey Face
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 165 | View Replies]

Ha-haaaa!

Where my balloon?
Why my ears ringing?
What dis damp rag?

167 posted on 04/05/2012 2:57:05 PM PDT by HKMk23 ("Listen to me very carefully, do not put the candle back.")

To: HKMk23

Claws are such an inconvenience.

168 posted on 04/05/2012 3:00:27 PM PDT by Tax-chick (Read "Radical Son" by David Horowitz to understand the Left.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 167 | View Replies]

That looks beautiful.

Us non-liturgical types DO miss out on a few things.

The only time we have actual fire in church is Advent.

169 posted on 04/05/2012 3:07:24 PM PDT by HKMk23 ("Listen to me very carefully, do not put the candle back.")

To: NicknamedBob; Tax-chick; Monkey Face
"No meese? Or no kittehs?"

No back yard.
Just snow, eh?

I have meese and kittehs, sqirles, and robbens, and no snow at all!

Do you still have snow Bob?

170 posted on 04/05/2012 5:07:23 PM PDT by fanfan (This is not my Father's Ontario. http://www.ontariolandowners.ca/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 149 | View Replies]

To: fanfan; Tax-chick; Monkey Face; Silentgypsy
"Do you still have snow Bob?"

The Daffodils

The daffodils have come and gone,
Summer is crowding Spring,
Our snow resides in globes of glass,
And green's on everything.

The green revolution has arrived,
Absent the solar panels,
And the wind that was to spin for us,
Is having to go through channels.

What is this Winter of which you speak?
Is it the dew on the grass?
If this is the fate we're supposed to avoid,
Global Warming can kiss ...

Darn! I was so close to having a complete poem, too.

171 posted on 04/05/2012 5:47:30 PM PDT by NicknamedBob (I didn't feel up to going through a second childhood. That's why I had myself cloned.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 170 | View Replies]

To: NicknamedBob

Awesome!

172 posted on 04/05/2012 6:39:01 PM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 171 | View Replies]

I couldn’t think of a rhyme to finish it.

Oh, well. Another crumpled piece of paper in the waste-basket.

173 posted on 04/05/2012 6:41:59 PM PDT by NicknamedBob (I didn't feel up to going through a second childhood. That's why I had myself cloned.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 172 | View Replies]

To: NicknamedBob; Silentgypsy; fanfan

Spring is teh-sprung here. The grass is growing much faster than the Epic Fail Lawn Service wants to mow. We’ll probably go to the botanical gardens on Monday, unless the weather doesn’t match the forecast, Imperial Weatherman, in which case we’ll clean the laundry room or something.

One of the guys on the NC board lives about 10 miles south of me, and he’s got hummingbirds, but we aren’t seeing any yet.

174 posted on 04/05/2012 6:45:41 PM PDT by Tax-chick (Read "Radical Son" by David Horowitz to understand the Left.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 173 | View Replies]

That’s a very fine censer! The incense set off the fire alarm at St. Luke’s Redneck Evangelical Catholic Party Barn tonight. I covered Kathleen’s ears. Half the Mint Hill Fire Department are parishioners, but we’ll have to improve the ventilation by tomorrow, or Father Gary will get a nasty-gram from the city. Lots of kids waving fans, perhaps, like in “The Ten Commandments.”

We have a baptismal dipper from Santiago, donated by my ministry leader, Dona Edra, the Spanish Battleaxe. Please say a prayer for her late husband, Don Miguel, who is probably trying to get Sionnsar to learn the Galician bagpipe and play at all-night Spanish blowouts in the Hereafter!

175 posted on 04/05/2012 6:51:49 PM PDT by Tax-chick (Read "Radical Son" by David Horowitz to understand the Left.)

To: trailhkr1

This is sad.

176 posted on 04/05/2012 6:53:54 PM PDT by combat_boots (The Lion of Judah cometh. Hallelujah. Gloria Patri, Filio et Spiritui Sancto.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: combat_boots; trailhkr1
"This is sad."

Worse, it's been thrown to those loons of the Undead Thread.

177 posted on 04/05/2012 6:57:44 PM PDT by NicknamedBob (I didn't feel up to going through a second childhood. That's why I had myself cloned.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 176 | View Replies]

To: Tax-chick; Silentgypsy; fanfan
"The grass is growing much faster than the Epic Fail Lawn Service wants to mow."

Obtain some small ungulates to eat your grass. Fit all of them with plastic unicorn party hats.

When the usual people with their usual intimidations and threats call, just say, "If you people don't stop making these prank calls about imaginary unicorns, I'm going to call the police!"

That should take care of everything.

178 posted on 04/05/2012 7:03:24 PM PDT by NicknamedBob (I didn't feel up to going through a second childhood. That's why I had myself cloned.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 174 | View Replies]

Loons?

179 posted on 04/05/2012 7:29:46 PM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 177 | View Replies]

To: NicknamedBob; Tax-chick

Sounds like a plan. Lawn service expresses desires? Wow.
G’night, y’all!

180 posted on 04/05/2012 7:31:54 PM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 178 | View Replies]

"Loons?"

I can point you to several years worth of documentary evidence. (See Post 85.)

181 posted on 04/05/2012 7:49:09 PM PDT by NicknamedBob (I didn't feel up to going through a second childhood. That's why I had myself cloned.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 179 | View Replies]

I have been laughing my -— off ever since I read the several reactions to the censer.....

Yes, I do think Sionnsar could be drafted for some Galician shindig in the great beyond. In fact, it was a piper wielding a Gaeta that got him thinking how much he loved bagpipes. That is where it all started.....

182 posted on 04/05/2012 10:58:10 PM PDT by LibreOuMort (Sionnsar my Love, sweet music to my heart, Tha mi fo bhron nach eil thu an seo!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 175 | View Replies]

To: LibreOuMort; Monkey Face; fanfan; ColdOne; Cyber Liberty; Silentgypsy; NicknamedBob; Scoutmaster; ..

183 posted on 04/06/2012 7:13:02 AM PDT by Tax-chick (Read "Radical Son" by David Horowitz to understand the Left.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 182 | View Replies]

Lawn service rolls over, pulls a blanket tightly over his head, and moans.

184 posted on 04/06/2012 7:16:07 AM PDT by Tax-chick (Read "Radical Son" by David Horowitz to understand the Left.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 180 | View Replies]

When the usual people with their usual intimidations and threats call, just say, "If you people don't stop making these prank calls about imaginary unicorns, I'm going to call the police!"

Brilliant idea! I was just talking to a couple at church last night, who said they had some new baby goats unicorns.

185 posted on 04/06/2012 7:44:27 AM PDT by Tax-chick ("Love means to give absolutely everything." ~ Dominik Cdl. Duka)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 178 | View Replies]

Ohyah...I lieks dat kitteh!

Wonky Moggie!

I just got back from Walmart. I tweaked my left knee a little so I need to put ice on it or wrap it or both. I don’t think I’ll be going there again til the 3rd of May.

I didn’t look at carpet sweepers or vacuums because I didn’t have the money to get either one, and prices may change. With the amount of Stig feathers and seed debris that collect in the tight spaces, I really do need a vacuum. Maybe I can borrow busdaddy’s once in a while.

In the meantime, I’m tired! LOLZ!

186 posted on 04/06/2012 10:01:51 AM PDT by Monkey Face (A day without sunshine is like night.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 183 | View Replies]

This is my favorite hangout in the entire universe!

Next time somebody tells me they’ve been referred for years of psychotherapeutic interventions, I’ll refer them here. Instant attitude adjustment. :)

187 posted on 04/06/2012 11:54:00 AM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 184 | View Replies]

To: Tax-chick; Monkey Face; ColdOne; Darkchylde; Darksheare; fanfan; Flotsam_Jetsome; HKMk23; ...

Have a great day, y’all!

188 posted on 04/06/2012 11:56:48 AM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 183 | View Replies]

To: Silentgypsy; Monkey Face

I find that nothing is too difficult, as long as I have the Undead Thread!

Bill is 18 today. He finally got up! We all went to the Stations of the Cross at noon, and now DP has taken Pat to buy blank CDs so he can have recordings of Jake Shimabukuro, the ukulele virtuoso.

I keep having to change Kathleen’s diapers on the floor, because the changing table and her bed have catballs. If you tell them to move, they just display a claw and then curl up more tightly. (Sort of the like the Epic Fail Lawn Service, if he had claws.)

189 posted on 04/06/2012 11:58:52 AM PDT by Tax-chick ("Love means to give absolutely everything." ~ Dominik Cdl. Duka)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 187 | View Replies]

To: Monkey Face; ThomasThomas

You need a nice early afternoon nap, then followed by a mid-early afternoon nap, and a late early afternoon nap. Then you could take an early mid-afternoon nap, a mid-mid-afternoon nap, and a late mid-afternoon nap followed by an early late afternoon nap, a mid-late afternoon nap, and a late mid-afternoon nap followed by an early evening....

190 posted on 04/06/2012 12:04:08 PM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 186 | View Replies]

Huh? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

191 posted on 04/06/2012 12:30:22 PM PDT by stephenjohnbanker (God, family, country, mom, apple pie, the girl next door and a Ford F250 to pull my boat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 190 | View Replies]

To: stephenjohnbanker

Do you need coffee?

192 posted on 04/06/2012 12:56:34 PM PDT by Tax-chick ("Love means to give absolutely everything." ~ Dominik Cdl. Duka)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 191 | View Replies]

Yes!

193 posted on 04/06/2012 1:00:18 PM PDT by stephenjohnbanker (God, family, country, mom, apple pie, the girl next door and a Ford F250 to pull my boat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 192 | View Replies]

Happy Birthday to Bill!

194 posted on 04/06/2012 1:21:21 PM PDT by Silentgypsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 189 | View Replies]

Darn! I was so close to having a complete poem, too.

LOL! That’s OK. I completed it in my mind.

195 posted on 04/06/2012 2:11:25 PM PDT by fanfan (This is not my Father's Ontario. http://www.ontariolandowners.ca/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 171 | View Replies]

Epic Fail Lawn Service

No way? We use them too!

In fact they took down a dead tree today without taking out the hydro lines. I may have to pay them this time.

196 posted on 04/06/2012 2:13:13 PM PDT by fanfan (This is not my Father's Ontario. http://www.ontariolandowners.ca/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 174 | View Replies]

Wow, that’s beautiful LoM!

197 posted on 04/06/2012 2:18:22 PM PDT by fanfan (This is not my Father's Ontario. http://www.ontariolandowners.ca/)

Happy Birthday Bill!

198 posted on 04/06/2012 2:19:48 PM PDT by fanfan (This is not my Father's Ontario. http://www.ontariolandowners.ca/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 189 | View Replies]

To: fanfan
they took down a dead tree today without taking out the hydro lines

Wow, I'm impressed!

199 posted on 04/06/2012 2:30:18 PM PDT by Tax-chick ("Love means to give absolutely everything." ~ Dominik Cdl. Duka)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 196 | View Replies]

To: fanfan

He couldn’t get his adult driver’s license that would let him drive after 9:00 p.m., because the DMV was closed. I assume we’ll be seeing him at home before 9:00 tonight.

200 posted on 04/06/2012 2:32:31 PM PDT by Tax-chick ("Love means to give absolutely everything." ~ Dominik Cdl. Duka)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 198 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 101-150151-200201-250 ... 3,651-3,691 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson