Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Chickensoup

If women valued motherhood so much, they wouldn’t dump their newborns into commercial orphanages (daycare) so they could get back to being fulfilled by their careers. And spare me the sob story about how it takes two incomes to survive today. It only takes two incomes if you want a $300,000 home, two SUVs and a closet full of shoes.

7 posted on 04/04/2012 11:40:45 AM PDT by frgough
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

To: frgough

You aren’t getting any arguments from me. I was just pointing out that this was not a new thing. This has been as old as the hills.

10 posted on 04/04/2012 12:25:13 PM PDT by Chickensoup (In the 20th century 200 million people were killed by their own governments.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

To: frgough
And spare me the sob story about how it takes two incomes to survive today. It only takes two incomes if you want a $300,000 home, two SUVs and a closet full of shoes.

Many people DO have to have two incomes. Not everyone is an engineer, have specialized degrees that produce higher incomes or are lucky to own their own business that does well.

And many of these two income earners are not living high on the hog. Many have to really watch their pennies.

12 posted on 04/04/2012 1:36:00 PM PDT by trailhkr1 (All you need to know about Zimmerman, innocent = riots, manslaughter = riots, guilty = riots)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson