Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: nickcarraway

I’m a lot worse than she is! Add somnambulism to my problems! Thought I’d outgrown it, until I got on Ambien. Totally came back with a vengeance! Almost burnt my house down one night. If you’ve ever, in your life, had a problem with somnambulism, do not take Ambien.!

5 posted on 04/24/2012 3:28:56 PM PDT by Dr. Bogus Pachysandra ( Ya can't pick up a turd by the clean end!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Dr. Bogus Pachysandra

I’ve never had that...but...

I used to get caught in-between sleep and awake. I’d fall asleep with my eyes open. Then when I woke up, I couldn’t move. I could see, hear, and think (although the sounds were slightly muffled and the vision a little blurry) ok but I couldn’t move a muscle. It seemed like sometimes it would take an hour to wake up and sometimes I would drift back and forth from sleep to half-asleep for several hours. For the longest time I wondered if it was actually a dream.

Then one day I fell asleep on my back for just a couple minutes in a recliner with lots of people around. Then I woke up to the in-between state and I could hear and see everyone. They thought I was awake because my eyes were open. When they wondered if I was asleep(because I wouldn’t respond) they tried to wake me. Then decided I was faking it, or messing around with them. When I finally woke up 100% I told them everything they said and did and explained to them I couldn’t move. They said I described everything exactly how it happened so that was proof I wasn’t dreaming.

25 posted on 04/24/2012 4:23:51 PM PDT by mamelukesabre
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson